Paul Mitchell the School - San Antonio
5590 Summit Parkway, San Antonio, TX
- FAFSA School Code: 012483
- Phone: (210) 523-8333 x5104
- School Homepage
Paul Mitchell Schools was founded based on the principles of Paul Mitchell, a well known hair designer and product innovator. Students of Paul Mitchell can learn the methods and techniques necessary for a successful career in cosmetology. Paul Mitchell Schools are located throughout the United States with over sixty five locations to choose from.
Paul Mitchell Schools provides an in depth education in cosmetology, particularly its artistry and creativity, as well as a fundamental understanding of business as it relates to the field. Individuals who complete a program will receive a certificate in cosmetology and will have developed the skills necessary to pursue employment within the industry. Additional programs may be available in esthetics, nails, barbering and teacher training. The school prides itself on helping students achieve their personal and professional goals.
San Antonio Location
Paul Mitchell the School - San Antonio is located at 5590 Summit Parkway in the city of San Antonio. Close to 160 students graduate from this location annually. This campus provides services for students in the form of flexible courses for those with irregular schedules, career guidance & assistance to help students define their goals, and post-graduation job placement options. Students may learn more, including the school's consumer disclosures, by visiting paulmitchell.edu.
Below is a listing of the programs that may be offered at Paul Mitchell the School - San Antonio. Actual programs may differ from the list below, to get an official list of programs offered please visit the school's website or by phone at (210) 523-8333 x5104.
Cosmetology (1,500 Hours)
The cosmetology program offered on average takes about twelve months to complete and may fulfill course requirements for licensing.
- Estimated tuition cost of this program is $17,000*
- Cost of required supplies: $2,100*
- 57% loan repayment rate estimated for former students of this program**
- $9,800 is the average amount of student loans received for this program
- 126 students completed the cosmetology program last year
- Takes about 12 months to complete
Read more and find other schools listed by visiting our cosmetology schools profile page.
Esthetician (750 Hours)
The esthetician program offered on average takes about six months to complete and may fulfill course requirements for licensing.
- Estimated tuition cost of this program is $10,000*
- The estimated cost of supplies that may be required is $1,000*
- Student loans borrowed for this program total about $7,900**
- 26 students completed this program in the previous reported year
- The length of the esthetician program is usually 6 months
Learn more about esthetician programs by taking a look at our esthetician schools profile page, which includes listings and career descriptions.
Cosmetology, Barber and Nail Instructor
The cosmetology, barber and nail instructor programs listed below are broken down by the number of contact hours offered.
750 Contact Hours
- Estimated tuition and fees: $5,000 per year*
- Cost of required supplies: $300*
- Takes about 6 months to complete
250 Contact Hours
- Estimated tuition and fees: $3,000 per year*
- Cost of required supplies: $300*
- Takes about 3 months to complete
*The posted costs for tuition, fees and supplies are determined through historical data and may not represent current costs.
**Repayment rates and student loan balances are estimated to provide a comparative context. For more detailed information individuals are asked to contact the school.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The net cost of this school is close to $15,800 annually, after the various types of aid, including scholarships and grants, are taken into consideration. To calculate a more personalized cost visit the net price calculator. The financial details shown on this page are an approximation. The actual costs may differ, please contact Paul Mitchell the School - San Antonio for more information.
Note: Financial aid is only available for those who qualify, check with the school for details.
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||86%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||64%||$3,961|
|Receiving Student Loans||78%||$8,811|
Note: The estimated default rate of students taking federal student loans in 2009 was around 4%.
Other Cosmetology Schools Nearby
The list of nearby cosmetology schools below offer beauty and cosmetology programs similar to Paul Mitchell the School - San Antonio. Click the links below to get a detailed profile for each school.
- Milan Institute - San Antonio Ingram in San Antonio, TX (2 miles away)
- Mims Classic Beauty College in San Antonio, TX (4 miles away)
- SW School of Business and Technical Careers - Cosmetology in San Antonio, TX (5 miles away)
- University of Cosmetology Arts & Sciences - San Antonio Jamar in San Antonio, TX (7 miles away)
- Aveda Institute - San Antonio in San Antonio, TX (7 miles away)
- Milan Institute of Cosmetology - San Antonio Military in San Antonio, TX (10 miles away)
- University of Cosmetology Arts & Sciences - San Antonio Perrin in San Antonio, TX (11 miles away)
- Milan Institute of Cosmetology - San Antonio Walzem in San Antonio, TX (12 miles away)