Paul Mitchell Schools was founded based on the principles of Paul Mitchell, a well known hair designer and product innovator. Students of Paul Mitchell can learn the methods and techniques necessary for a successful career in cosmetology. Paul Mitchell Schools are located throughout the United States with over sixty five locations to choose from.
Paul Mitchell Schools provides an in depth education in cosmetology, particularly its artistry and creativity, as well as a fundamental understanding of business as it relates to the field. Individuals who complete a program will receive a certificate in cosmetology and will have developed the skills necessary to pursue employment within the industry. Additional programs may be available in esthetics, nails, barbering and teacher training. The school prides itself on helping students achieve their personal and professional goals.
San Antonio Location
Paul Mitchell the School – San Antonio is located at 5590 Summit Parkway in the city of San Antonio. Close to 160 students graduate from this location annually. This campus provides services for students in the form of career guidance & assistance to help students define their goals, post-graduation job placement options, and flexible courses for those with irregular schedules. Students may learn more, including the school's consumer disclosures, by visiting paulmitchell.edu.
Below is a listing of the programs that may be offered at Paul Mitchell the School – San Antonio. Actual programs may differ from the list below, to get an official list of programs offered please visit the school's website or by phone at (210) 523-8333 x5104.
Cosmetology (1,500 Hours)
The cosmetology program offered on average takes about twelve months to complete and may fulfill course requirements for licensing.
- Estimated tuition cost of this program is $17,000*
- The estimated cost of supplies that may be required is $2,000*
- 57% loan repayment rate for students who completed this program**
- Student loans borrowed for this program total about $9,800**
- 134 students completed this program in the previous reported year
- The length of the cosmetology program is usually 12 months
Find out more cosmetology programs by visiting our cosmetology schools profile page, which also includes career information.
Facial Treatment Specialist (750 Hours)
The facial treatment specialist program offered on average takes about six months to complete and may fulfill course requirements for licensing.
- Estimated tuition cost of this program is $10,000*
- Cost of required supplies: $1,400*
- Takes about 6 months to complete
Cosmetology, Barber and Nail Instructor (750 Hours)
The cosmetology, barber and nail instructor program offered on average takes about six months to complete and may fulfill course requirements for licensing.
- Estimated tuition cost of this program is $5,000*
- The estimated cost of supplies that may be required is -*
- The length of the cosmetology, barber and nail instructor program is usually 6 months
*Amounts for tuition, fees, and supplies are an estimate which are calculated based on historical data and should be solely used for informational purposes only.
**Repayment rates and student loan balances are estimates and should be treated as informational tools only, contact the school for official information.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The net cost of this school is close to $15,800 annually, after the various types of aid, including scholarships and grants, are taken into consideration. To calculate a more personalized cost visit the net price calculator. Students wishing to apply to Paul Mitchell the School – San Antonio must pay an application fee of $100. The financial details shown on this page are an approximation. The actual costs may differ, please contact Paul Mitchell the School – San Antonio for more information.
Note: Financial aid is only available for those who qualify, check with the school for details.
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||86%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||64%||$3,961|
|Receiving Student Loans||78%||$8,811|
Note: The estimated default rate of students taking federal student loans in 2011 was around 11%.
Other Cosmetology Schools Nearby
The list of nearby cosmetology schools below offer beauty and cosmetology programs similar to Paul Mitchell the School – San Antonio. Click the links below to get a detailed profile for each school.
- Milan Institute - San Antonio Ingram in San Antonio, TX (2 miles away)
- Mims Classic Beauty College in San Antonio, TX (4 miles away)
- SW School of Business and Technical Careers - Cosmetology in San Antonio, TX (5 miles away)
- University of Cosmetology Arts & Sciences - San Antonio Jamar in San Antonio, TX (7 miles away)
- Aveda Institute - San Antonio in San Antonio, TX (7 miles away)
- Milan Institute of Cosmetology - San Antonio Military in San Antonio, TX (10 miles away)
- University of Cosmetology Arts & Sciences - San Antonio Perrin in San Antonio, TX (11 miles away)
- Milan Institute of Cosmetology - San Antonio Walzem in San Antonio, TX (12 miles away)