Get more information about California College of the Arts by clicking links below:
CCA is a nonprofit private art school located in Oakland, CA, that provides specialized education and training in a variety of art related fields. Over twenty different programs are offered at California College of the Arts, with a Master's degree being the highest level offered. Listed below are the programs with more popularity among aspiring artists:
- Creative Writing
- Design and Visual Communications
- Graphic Design
To help students and recent graduates, CCA may provide some services to students like those listed below:
- Remedial instructional courses
- Career path counseling
- Work study style employment
Student success after graduation may be determined by a number of factors, including graduation rate and loan default. At CCA, the graduation rate is around 49%, and the school has an average loan default rate of around 4%.
The last reported accreditation for California College of the Arts was done by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges, Accrediting Commission for Senior Colleges and Universities. Please visit cca.edu for more information on programs offered and consumer disclosures.
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Find more information about available programs offered by California College of the Arts by clicking the request information button to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
English Language and Literature
Visual and Performing Arts
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The average annual "out of pocket" cost of attendance, after any grants and scholarships are considered, is around $32,400. In order to calculate a more accurate and detailed cost of attendance visit the net price calculator. There is also a $60 application fee for students applying to the school. Student who wish to obtain more information regarding financial aid may contact the school's financial aid office at (415) 703-9528, which has information regarding types of aid, forms and more. Any tuition and financial aid figures listed provide an outline of costs at this school, however they may not accurately represent current costs, fees, or tuition. Please check with this school for more information.
Note: Financial aid is only available for those who qualify, check with the school for details.
Tuition & Fees Information
Undergraduate Courses - Tuition Details
- Annual tuition estimates are between $42,000-$50,000
- The estimated tuition for part time students is around $1,700 to $2,100 per credit hour
- Required fees: $370
Graduate Courses - Tuition Details
- The estimated tuition range for graduate students is around $43,000-$52,000 per year
- The estimated tuition for part time students is around $1,400 to $1,700 per credit hour
- Required fees for graduate students are around $370
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||87%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||87%||$16,972|
|Receiving Student Loans||57%||$6,723|
Note: The estimated default rate of students taking federal student loans in 2011 was around 7%.
Other Fashion or Art Schools
The list of nearby schools has been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to California College of the Arts.
- Ex - Pression College for Digital Arts in Emeryville, CA (2 miles away)
- Academy of Art University in San Francisco, CA (9 miles away)
- The Fashion Institute of Design & Merchandising - San Francisco in San Francisco, CA (9 miles away)
- San Francisco Art Institute in San Francisco, CA (9 miles away)
- The Art Institute of California - San Francisco in San Francisco, CA (10 miles away)