Massachusetts College of Art and Design
621 Huntington Ave, Boston, MA
- FAFSA School Code: 002180
- Phone: (617) 879-7000
- School Homepage
- Phone: (617) 879-7222
- Admissions Page
Financial Aid Office
- Phone: (617) 879-7850
- Financial Aid Page
Massachusetts College of Art and Design, located in Boston, Massachusetts, is a public art institution that offers interested students training in the fields of art and design. Massachusetts College of Art and Design offers over twenty different programs available, including degrees as high as a Master's degree. Some of the more popular programs being offered for aspiring artists includes:
- Graphic Design
- Fashion Design
- Art Teacher Education
Student and special services are available at Massachusetts College of Art and Design, offering personal and academic assistance for students, which includes:
- Online course work available
- Remedial instructional courses
- Counseling assistance
- Employing students to lower education costs
- Assistance to find work
Student success after graduation may be determined by a number of factors, including graduation rate and loan default. At Massachusetts College of Art and Design, the graduation rate is around 68%, and the school has an average loan default rate of around 4%.
The New England Association of Schools and Colleges, Commission on Institutions of Higher Education has accredited the program courses of Massachusetts College of Art and Design for over nine straight years. Please visit massart.edu for more information on programs offered and consumer disclosures.
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Learn more about programs available at Massachusetts College of Art and Design by clicking on the request information button.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (Ph.D.,M.D.,...)
Visual and Performing Arts
- Graphic Design (B)
- Painting (B)
- Fashion Design (B, C)
- Illustration (B)
- Photography (B)
- Fine Studio Arts (M)
- Intermedia, Multimedia (B)
- Sculpture (B)
- Film, Video and Photographic Arts (B, M)
- Art History (B)
- Commercial and Advertising Art (C)
- Cinematography And Film (B)
- Design and Visual Communications (B, C, M)
- Jewelry Design (B)
- Fiber, Textile and Weaving Arts (B)
- Printmaking (B)
- Fine Arts and Art Studies (B)
- Craft Design, Folk Art and Artisanry (B)
- Industrial Design (B)
- Ceramic Arts and Ceramics (B)
- Art Teacher Education (B, C, M)
- Environmental Design, Architecture (B, M)
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Note: Financial aid is only available for those who qualify, check with the school for details.
Tuition & Fees Information
Undergraduate Courses - Tuition Details
- Annual tuition is estimated to range between $10,000-$12,000
- Part time students are estimated to pay about $270 to $320 per unit
Graduate Courses - Tuition Details
- Annual tuition for graduate students is estimated to range between $23,000-$27,000
- For part-time students, charges are between $750-$900 per unit
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||87%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||65%||$7,685|
|Receiving Student Loans||75%||$6,554|
Note: The estimated default rate of students taking federal student loans in 2009 was around 4%.