Get more information about Massachusetts College of Art and Design by clicking links below:
Massachusetts College of Art and Design, located in Boston, Massachusetts, is a public art institution that offers interested students training in the fields of art and design. More than twenty different programs are offered at Massachusetts College of Art and Design, with a Master's degree being the highest level offered. Here are the more popular programs offered:
- Graphic Design
- Fashion Design
- Art Teacher Education
Student and special services are available at Massachusetts College of Art and Design, providing personal and academic assistance for students, which includes:
- Online classes
- Remedial instructional courses
- Counseling assistance
- Work study style employment
- Employment search assistance
Students can use various means to evaluate school performance. A school's graduation and loan default rates are among the strongest indicators of educational and career success. Massachusetts College of Art and Design has a yearly graduation rate of 68%, and a loan default rate of near 4%.
The last reported accreditation for this school was done by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges, Commission on Institutions of Higher Education. Get more information by visiting the school's official website, where you can learn about classes offered, financial aid & tuition, and disclosures.
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Learn more about programs available at Massachusetts College of Art and Design by clicking on the request information button.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Visual and Performing Arts
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Note: Financial aid is only available for those who qualify, check with the school for details.
Tuition & Fees Information
Undergraduate Courses - Tuition Details
- Annual tuition is estimated to range between $10,000-$12,000
- Part time students are estimated to pay about $270 to $320 per unit
Graduate Courses - Tuition Details
- Annual tuition for graduate students is estimated to range between $23,000-$27,000
- For part-time students, charges are between $750-$900 per unit
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||87%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||65%||$7,685|
|Receiving Student Loans||75%||$6,554|
Note: The estimated default rate of students taking federal student loans in 2011 was around 9%.
Other Fashion or Art Schools
The list of nearby schools has been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Massachusetts College of Art and Design.
- School of the Museum of Fine Arts - Boston in Boston, MA (0.2 miles away)
- New England School of Photography in Boston, MA (0.9 miles away)
- Montserrat College of Art in Beverly, MA (19 miles away)
- New Hampshire Institute of Art in Manchester, NH (49 miles away)
- Hallmark Institute of Photography in Turners Falls, MA (75 miles away)