Get more information about Musicians Institute by clicking links below:
Located in Hollywood, California, Musicians Institute is a private institution that provides professional level education and training in music and music theory. Musicians Institute offers several programs for students to choose from. Some of the more popular programs being offered for students includes:
- Music Performance
Student and special services are available at Musicians Institute, offering personal and academic assistance for students, which includes:
- Night and weekend classes available
- Remedial instructional courses
- Counseling assistance
- Employing students to lower education costs
- Assistance to find work
Student success after graduation may be determined by a number of factors, including graduation rate and loan default. At Musicians Institute, the graduation rate is about 47%, and the school has an average loan default rate of around 14%.
This school has been accredited by the National Association of Schools of Music, Commission on Accreditation, Commission on Community/Junior College Accreditation having first received its accreditation from that agency in 1980. To learn more and get consumer disclosures, you can visit www.mi.edu.
The program list below was created by historical graduation information reported by the school. This list may not represent the current curriculum offered. Visit the school's website to get more information about programs offered.
Find more information about available programs offered by Musicians Institute by clicking the request information button to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Music Performance (A, B, C)
- 86% repayment rate for students who completed this program**
- Estimated average annual earnings of graduates $18,411**
- The average loan repayment by graduates is $61.00 per month*
- 350 students graduated in the last reported year
Audio and Video Production (A, B, C)
- 83% repayment rate for students who completed this program**
- The average annual earnings of those who completed this program were earning $16,217**
- The estimated average monthly loan payment by graduates is $40.00*
- From the last reported year the graduating class was around 220 students
Music Management (A, B, C)
- 81% repayment rate for students who completed this program**
- $16,923 is the estimated annual earnings of graduates from this program**
- $54.00/month on average is the estimated loan payment made by graduates*
- Eighty students graduated in the last reported year
Musical Instrument Fabrication and Repair (A, B, C)
- 91% repayment rate for students who completed this program**
- From the last reported year the graduating class was around thirty students
*Amounts for tuition, fees, and supplies are an estimate which are calculated based on historical data and should be solely used for informational purposes only.
**Repayment rates, earnings, and loan payments are estimates and should be treated as informational tools only, contact the school for official information.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The cost of attendance is approximately $32,300 per year, after the grants, scholarships and other forms of aid are calculated. To calculate a more accurate and detailed cost of attendance visit the net price calculator. The cost to submit an application is $100. The financial aid department provides information and resources for students seeking out financial options. Their phone number is (323) 860-1121. Any tuition and financial aid figures listed provide an outline of costs at this school, however they may not accurately represent current costs, fees, or tuition. Please check with Musicians Institute for more information.
Note: Financial aid is only available for those who qualify, check with the school for details.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Annual tuition is estimated to range between $24,000-$29,000
- The estimated tuition for part time students is around $530 to $640 per credit hour
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||40%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||28%||$4,729|
|Receiving Student Loans||40%||$7,114|
Note: The estimated default rate of students taking federal student loans in 2012 was around 10%.
Other Fashion or Art Schools
The list of nearby schools has been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Musicians Institute.
- Visible School - Music and Worships Arts College in Memphis, TN (1,622 miles away)
- Atlanta Institute of Music in Duluth, GA (1,951 miles away)
- Cleveland Institute of Music in Cleveland, OH (2,053 miles away)
- Academy of Vocal Arts in Philadelphia, PA (2,392 miles away)
- The Collective School Of Music in New York, NY (2,450 miles away)