Get more information about American Institute School of Wellness and Beauty by clicking links below:
The American Institute location in Margate Florida goes by the name the American Institute of Wellness and Beauty as that center offers programs in cosmetology and skin care as well as in the health related fields for careers in massage therapy and medical assisting. The Institute is accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC). The Institute offers placement assistance and financial aid for qualifying applicants.
Cosmetology programs at the Institute include both a full range program in Cosmetology and a specialized program in Skin Care. The Cosmetology Program takes 11 months to complete on a day time schedule and 16 months on an evening class schedule. This is a diploma program for candidates with a high school diploma or equivalent and is available in both English and Spanish. For the period from December 2009 to November 2010 the placement rate for day time program graduates was 46% and 29% for those in the evening program.
The Skin Care program takes four months to complete on a day-time schedule and four months in the evening class schedule. Massage Therapy is an eight month diploma program for high school graduates or those who can demonstrate equivalence.
The Medical Assistant program also has a high school diploma or its equivalent as a prerequisite for admission. The program can be completed in 12 months on the day-time schedule and 14 months in the evenings. 2009/2010 academic year placement rates for the Medical Assistant Program were 74% for day-time graduates and 72% for evening graduates.
The following is a list of programs offered at American Institute School of Wellness and Beauty. Acutal programs offered may be different than the list of programs below.. For a complete and comprehensive list of programs available you can visit the school's website or call the school at (954) 781-2468.
Get more information about the programs offered by American Institute School of Wellness and Beauty by clicking the request information to the right.
Cosmetology (1,200 Hours)
The cosmetology program offered commonly takes about thirteen months to complete.
- Tuition costs are estimated to be $17,000*
- 75% repayment rate for students who completed this program**
- Estimated average annual earnings of graduates $12,499**
- The estimated average monthly loan payment by graduates is $29.00*
- Last year, more than 70 students completed this program
- The length of the cosmetology program is about 13 months
Find out more cosmetology programs by visiting our cosmetology schools profile page, which lists schools offering this program along with a career overview.
Medical Assistant (55 Hours)
The medical assistant program offered commonly takes about twelve months to complete.
- Tuition costs are estimated to be $20,000*
- Estimated loan repayment rate of 87% for former students**
- Estimated average annual earnings of graduates $14,025**
- The estimated average monthly loan payment by graduates is $98.00*
- Based on published reports, around 20 students completed the medical assistant program last year
- Students usually complete the medical assistant program in 12 months
Learn more about medical assistant programs by visiting our medical assistant schools profile page, which lists schools offering this program along with a career overview.
Massage Therapy (41 Hours)
The massage therapy program offered commonly takes about eight months to complete.
- Tuition costs are estimated to be $14,000*
- 85% repayment rate for students who completed this program**
- Estimated average annual earnings of graduates $18,308**
- The estimated average monthly loan payment by graduates is $81.00*
- Last year, more than 30 students completed this program
- The length of the massage therapy program is about 8 months
Learn more about massage therapy programs by visiting our massage therapy schools profile page, which also includes lists of schools offering this program.
*Amounts for tuition, fees, and supplies are an estimate which are calculated based on historical data and should be solely used for informational purposes only.
**Repayment rates, earnings, and loan payments are estimates and should be treated as informational tools only, contact the school for official information.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The cost of attendance is approximately $12,500 per year, after the grants, scholarships and other forms of aid are calculated. To calculate a more accurate and detailed cost of attendance visit the net price calculator. The cost to submit an application is $150. The school's financial aid department offers additional information regarding types of aid, how to apply and more. Students may contact the school by calling (954) 777-0083. The financial details shown on this page are an approximation. The actual costs may differ, please contact this school for more information.
Note: Financial aid is only available for those who qualify, check with the school for details.
Tuition & Fees Information
Alternate Tuition Plan Options Available
- Some programs may have tuition rates that will remain the same as the first year for up to five years.
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||100%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||91%||$6,044|
|Receiving Student Loans||93%||$10,333|
Note: The estimated default rate of students taking federal student loans in 2012 was around 12%.
Other Healthcare or Nursing Schools
The list of nearby schools has been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to American Institute School of Wellness and Beauty.
- Medical Institute of Palm Beach in Greenacres, FL (30 miles away)
- MCI Institute of Technology in West Palm Beach, FL (41 miles away)