With two locations in New York, New York Medical Career Training center is located in Flushing (Queens) and in Manhattan. The training center does not offer on-campus living at either of its locations. The Medical Assistant program (RMA) consists of 600 hours of class work and 300 hours of on-the-job training.
List of Programs:
- Diagnostic Medical Sonographer
- Medical Assistant (RMA)
- EKG Technician (Electrocardiography)
- Phlebotomy Technician (Blood Draw Techniques)
- EKG & Phlebotomy (CET & CPT)
- Medical Billing (Computerized ICD9 & CPT Coding)
- Medical Office Administration (CMAA)
- Patient Care Technician (PCT)
- Nurse Aide/Assistant (CNA)
- Pharmacy Technician (PTCB)
- English as a Second Language (ESL)
- CPR (Certification from American Heart Association Valid for 2 years)
With classes available in the evenings and on the weekends, schedules vary from 36 to 900 hours of coursework. Prices start around $500 for shorter classes such as EKG and Phlebotomy to $10,400 for Medical Assistant (900 hours). CPR certification to course is only $80.
The job placement rate for students who complete New York Medical Career Training Center is 94%.
Financial aid is available for those who qualify (http://www.nymedtraining.com/financial_aid.php)
Register Online (http://www.nymedtraining.com/register_form.php)
New York Medical Career Training Center have offered the programs listed below. Not all programs currently offered by this school may be listed below. Students may contact the school at (718) 460-1717 to confirm programs or obtain additional information.
Medical Assistant (900 Hours)
Medical assistant program takes usually nine months to complete.
- Tuition costs are estimated to be $11,000*
- Required supplies and books: $420*
- Around 80 students completed the medical assistant program last year
- Students usually complete the medical assistant program in 9 months
Read more and see other schools listed by going to our medical assistant schools information page.
The program offered usually takes about eighteen months to complete.
- Tuition costs are estimated to be $27,000*
- The estimated cost of books or supplies required is $1,700*
- The length of the program is about 18 months
*The posted costs for tuition, fees and supplies are determined through historical data and may not represent current costs.
**Repayment rates, earnings, and loan payments are estimated to provide a comparative context. For more detailed information individuals are asked to contact the school.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
Once scholarships, grants and other forms of aid are calculated, the expected average cost for students at this school is $20,400. To calculate a more personalized cost visit the net price calculator. A fee of $100 is required from all applicants. The tuition and financial aid figures listed show various costs that students may encounter at New York Medical Career Training Center. The numbers may not be accurate due to changing factors in a given year, and are only intended to provide a guideline for students.
Note: Financial aid is only available for those who qualify, check with the school for details.
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||10%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||10%||$5,316|
|Receiving Student Loans||10%||$4,661|
Other Healthcare or Nursing Schools
The list of nearby schools has been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to New York Medical Career Training Center.
- St. Paul's School of Nursing - Queens in Rego Park, NY (3 miles away)
- Allen School - Jamaica in Jamaica, NY (5 miles away)
- New York School for Medical and Dental Assistants in Long Island City, NY (6 miles away)
- New Age Training in New York, NY (9 miles away)
- Sanford - Brown Institute in New York, NY (9 miles away)