Get more information about Chester Career College by clicking links below:
Chester Career College is a privately owned two-years-or-below non-degree-granting institution located in Chester, VA. The college provides several vocational diploma and associate’s courses in Cosmetology, Massage Therapy, Nursing, Medical Assisting, Surgical Technology and Pharmacy.
The mission of Chester Career College (CCC) focuses on providing educational career programs that prepare students for success in their chosen vocations within the health care industry. The college aims to bring students up to competency levels that will enable them to enter the workforce or enhance their potential in their current jobs.
The school was incorporated in 1997 to serve the Richmond Metropolitan area’s residents by providing a quality professional school offering diverse programs. As of 1999, the school has been fully accredited by the Council on Occupational Education (COE). Originally located on Franklin Street in Richmond, the college went through many re-locations and expansions until the final approval in 2012 of the Chester campus as the main school campus.
CCC does accept transfer of credits from other institutions based on certain criteria, but does not currently have any agreements in place with other colleges or universities for students to continue their education towards higher degrees.
CCC offers several types of financial aid to qualifying students, including loans, grants and scholarships. In some cases, the college may offer a financial aid package consisting of multiple fund sources.
Job placement assistance is provided at the end of graduation, and the school encourages graduates who have found jobs on their own to share any information about their successful employment with the school.
Below is a list of the programs that may be offered at Chester Career College. Programs may differ from the list below, to get an official list of programs offered please visit the school's website or by phone at (804) 288-1000.
Get more information about the programs offered by Chester Career College by clicking the request information to the right.
The medical assistant programs that are listed below are broken down by the number of credit hours offered.
62 Credit Hours
- Estimated tuition and fees: $20,000 per year*
- Takes about 18 months to complete
33 Credit Hours
- Estimated tuition and fees: $11,000 per year*
- Takes about 10 months to complete
Surgical Technologist (76 Hours)
Surgical technologist program takes approximately twenty months to complete.
- Estimated tuition and fees: $25,000*
- Students who complete this program take, on average, $14,300 in student loans**
- Last year, more than 20 students completed this program
- Takes about 20 months to complete
More detailed information and school listings are available through our surgical technologist schools page.
Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) (78 Hours)
The licensed practical nurse (LPN) program offered most often takes about eighteen months to complete.
- Estimated tuition and fees: $21,000*
- The licensed practical nurse (LPN) program takes about 18 months to complete
Find out more licensed practical nurse (LPN) programs through our licensed practical nurse (LPN) Programs profile page, which includes listings and career descriptions as well.
Pharmacy Technician (36 Hours)
Pharmacy technician program takes approximately eleven months to complete.
- Estimated tuition and fees: $11,000*
- On average, $4,100 in student loans are owed upon completion of this program**
- Based on published reports, around 10 students completed the pharmacy technician program last year
- The length of the pharmacy technician program is about 11 months
Visit our pharmacy technician training profile page to obtain a complete overview and school listings that may be beneficial to you in finding the right school.
Medical Insurance Coding (43 Hours)
The medical insurance coding program offered most often takes about fourteen months to complete.
- Estimated tuition and fees: $13,000*
- Students who complete this program take, on average, $6,100 in student loans**
- Students usually complete the medical insurance coding program in 14 months
*Amounts for tuition, fees, and supplies are an estimate which are calculated based on historical data and should be solely used for informational purposes only.
**Repayment rates and student loan balances are estimates and should be treated as informational tools only, contact the school for official information.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The overall cost students will pay at this school is approximately $11,600 after scholarships, grants and other forms of aid are taken into consideration. There may be an application fee required, please check with this school for more information. Any tuition and financial aid figures listed provide an outline of costs at this school, however they may not accurately represent current costs, fees, or tuition. Please check with this school for more information.
Note: Financial aid is only available for those who qualify, check with the school for details.
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||99%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||84%||$4,353|
|Receiving Student Loans||97%||$5,513|
Note: The estimated default rate of students taking federal student loans in 2011 was around 22%.
Other Healthcare or Nursing Schools
The list of nearby schools has been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Chester Career College.
- Bon Secours St Mary's Hospital School of Medical Imaging in Richmond, VA (6 miles away)
- Fortis College - Richmond in Richmond, VA (7 miles away)
- Henrico County - Saint Marys Hospital School of Practical Nursing in Henrico, VA (10 miles away)
- Career Training Solutions in Fredericksburg, VA (52 miles away)
- Riverside School of Health Careers in Newport News, VA (69 miles away)