Chester Career College
1601 Willow Lawn Drive, Suite 320, Richmond, VA
- FAFSA School Code: 034095
- Phone: (804) 288-1000
- School Homepage
Chester Career College is a privately owned two-years-or-below non-degree-granting institution located in Chester, VA. The college provides several vocational diploma and associate’s courses in Cosmetology, Massage Therapy, Nursing, Medical Assisting, Surgical Technology and Pharmacy.
The mission of Chester Career College (CCC) focuses on providing educational career programs that prepare students for success in their chosen vocations within the health care industry. The college aims to bring students up to competency levels that will enable them to enter the workforce or enhance their potential in their current jobs.
The school was incorporated in 1997 to serve the Richmond Metropolitan area’s residents by providing a quality professional school offering diverse programs. As of 1999, the school has been fully accredited by the Council on Occupational Education (COE). Originally located on Franklin Street in Richmond, the college went through many re-locations and expansions until the final approval in 2012 of the Chester campus as the main school campus.
CCC does accept transfer of credits from other institutions based on certain criteria, but does not currently have any agreements in place with other colleges or universities for students to continue their education towards higher degrees.
CCC offers several types of financial aid to qualifying students, including loans, grants and scholarships. In some cases, the college may offer a financial aid package consisting of multiple fund sources.
Job placement assistance is provided at the end of graduation, and the school encourages graduates who have found jobs on their own to share any information about their successful employment with the school.
Below is a list of the programs that may be offered at Chester Career College. Programs may differ from the list below, to get an official list of programs offered please visit the school's website or by phone at (804) 288-1000.
Get more information about the programs offered by clicking the request information button to the right.
Medical Assistant (62 Hours)
The medical assistant program offered most often takes about eighteen months to complete.
- Estimated tuition and fees: $20,000*
- On average, $9,300 in student loans are owed upon completion of this program**
- Around 70 students completed the medical assistant program last year
- Students usually complete the medical assistant program in 18 months
Learn more and view other schools listed by checking out our medical assistant schools page.
Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) (1,500 Hours)
The licensed practical nurse (LPN) program offered most often takes about eighteen months to complete.
- Estimated tuition and fees: $21,000*
- More than 60 students completed this program in the previous reported year
- The licensed practical nurse (LPN) program takes about 18 months to complete
Find out more licensed practical nurse (LPN) programs through our licensed practical nurse (LPN) Programs profile page, which includes listings and career descriptions as well.
Surgical Technologist (76 Hours)
Surgical technologist program takes approximately twenty months to complete.
- Estimated tuition and fees: $25,000*
- Students who complete this program take, on average, $14,300 in student loans**
- Around 50 students completed the surgical technologist program last year
- Takes about 20 months to complete
More detailed information and school listings are available through our surgical technologist schools page.
Pharmacy Technician (36 Hours)
Pharmacy technician program takes approximately eleven months to complete.
- Estimated tuition and fees: $11,000*
- On average, $4,100 in student loans are owed upon completion of this program**
- Based on published reports, around 40 students completed the pharmacy technician program last year
- The length of the pharmacy technician program is about 11 months
Visit our pharmacy technician training profile page to obtain a complete overview and school listings that may be beneficial to you in finding the right school.
Medical Insurance Coding (43 Hours)
The medical insurance coding program offered most often takes about fourteen months to complete.
- Estimated tuition and fees: $13,000*
- Students who complete this program take, on average, $6,100 in student loans**
- Last year, more than 30 students completed this program
- Students usually complete the medical insurance coding program in 14 months
Radiologic Technology (92 Hours)
Radiologic technology program takes approximately twenty-three months to complete.
- Estimated tuition and fees: $30,000*
- Students complete this program in usually 23 months
*The posted costs for tuition, fees and supplies are determined through historical data and may not represent current costs.
**Repayment rates and student loan balances are estimated to provide a comparative context. For more detailed information individuals are asked to contact the school.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The overall cost students will pay at this school is approximately $11,600 after scholarships, grants and other forms of aid are taken into consideration. There may be an application fee required, please check with this school for more information. Any tuition and financial aid figures listed provide an outline of costs at this school, however they may not accurately represent current costs, fees, or tuition. Please check with this school for more information.
Note: Financial aid is only available for those who qualify, check with the school for details.
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||99%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||84%||$4,353|
|Receiving Student Loans||97%||$5,513|
Note: The estimated default rate of students taking federal student loans in 2009 was around 10%.
Other Healthcare or Nursing Schools Nearby
The list of nearby schools has been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Chester Career College.
- Bon Secours St Mary's Hospital School of Medical Imaging in Richmond, VA (6 miles away)
- Fortis College - Richmond in Richmond, VA (7 miles away)
- Henrico County - Saint Marys Hospital School of Practical Nursing in Henrico, VA (10 miles away)
- Career Training Solutions in Fredericksburg, VA (52 miles away)
- Riverside School of Health Careers in Newport News, VA (69 miles away)
IPEDS Survey 2008-2011: Data obtained from the US Dept. of Education's Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS). Data may vary depending on school and academic year.