Get more information about St Louis College of Health Careers – St Louis by clicking links below:
St. Louis College of Health Careers is a private for-profit post-secondary institution in St. Louis, Missouri. It is committed to training students to understand multifaceted and innovative medical systems of today's marketplace. The school was founded in 1981 to provide quality training for health care careers. St. Louis College of Health Careers operates two campuses, a main location in the metropolitan St. Louis area and a branch campus in Fenton, Missouri. The college is a small institution, educating about 350 students.
- Programs Offered
- Medical assistant
- Medical billing and coding
- Pharmacy technician
- Medical office administration
- Occupational therapy assistant
- Physical therapist assistant
- Patient care technician
- Respiratory therapy
- Practical nursing
St. Louis College of Health Careers grants admission to all applicants who are at least 18 years old with a high school diploma or GED. Applicants must complete a personal interview with a career advisor and provide official high school diplomas or GED scores.
Financial Aid Options
St. Louis College of Health Careers participates in a variety of financial aid programs, including federal grants, federal student loans, and private student loans.
The program list below was created by historical graduation information reported by the school. This list may not represent the current curriculum offered. Visit the school's website to get more information about programs offered.
Get more information about the programs offered by St Louis College of Health Careers – St Louis by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Nursing Assistant (C)
Pharmacy Technician (A, C)
Medical Assistant (A, C)
- Estimated loan repayment rate of 18% for former students*
- About seventy students were granted degrees last year
Medical Office Administration (A, C)
Medical Insurance Specialist (A, C)
- Estimated loan repayment rate of 24% for former students*
- Ten students reported graduating last year
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The net cost of this school is close to $17,400 annually, after the various types of aid, including scholarships and grants, are taken into consideration. Students wishing to apply to SLCHC must pay an application fee of $50. The financial details shown on this page are an approximation. The actual costs may differ, please contact SLCHC for more information.
Note: Financial aid is only available for those who qualify, check with the school for details.
Tuition & Fees Information
- The estimated tuition range is around $19,000-$23,000 per year
- Required fees for full-time students: $470
Alternate Tuition Plan Options Available
- Some programs may have a frozen tuition rate, which means the tuition will stay the same for up to five years.
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||89%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||88%||$4,641|
|Receiving Student Loans||64%||$8,804|
Note: The estimated default rate of students taking federal student loans in 2011 was around 14%.
Other Healthcare or Nursing Schools
The list of nearby schools has been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to St Louis College of Health Careers – St Louis.
- St Louis College of Health Careers - Fenton in Fenton, MO (13 miles away)
- Cox College in Springfield, MO (192 miles away)
- Sanford - Brown College - Indianapolis in Indianapolis, IN (233 miles away)
- Sanford - Brown College - Tinley Park in Tinley Park, IL (240 miles away)
- Everest College - Burr Ridge in Burr Ridge, IL (249 miles away)