The Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) said that healthcare and technical occupations are expected to add 2 million jobs from 2010 to 2020 and approx 998,000 jobs have already been added in the healthcare industry since June 2009. Expansion isn’t slowing its pace!
If you’re seeking for a professional and rewarding career in healthcare, Ultimate Medical Academy is a great place to start. UMA is located in Tampa and Clearwater, Florida; accredited by the ABHES (Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools) – the only agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education as both a specialized and institutional accreditor.
UMA’s campus based diploma programs and healthcare degree offer convenient day, evening and weekend classes; while its flexible online learning platform allows students worldwide to access quality healthcare training – anywhere and anytime.
Ultimate Medical Academy have offered the programs listed below. Not all programs currently offered by this school may be listed below. Students may contact the school at (727) 298-8685 to confirm programs or obtain additional information.
Medical Office Assistant (43 Hours)
Medical office assistant program takes usually fourteen months to complete.
- Tuition estimate is $16,000*
- Cost of required books or supplies: $1,540*
- Based on published reports, around 70 students completed the medical office assistant program last year
- Takes about 14 months to complete
The nursing assistant programs listed below are sorted by the number of credit hours offered.
32 Credit Hours
- Estimated tuition and fees: $15,000 per year*
- Cost of required supplies: $1,100*
- Takes about 11 months to complete
6 Credit Hours
- Estimated tuition and fees: $2,000 per year*
- Cost of required supplies: $200*
- Takes about 2 months to complete
Dental Assistant (26 Hours)
The dental assistant program takes about ten months for most students to complete.
- Tuition estimate is $14,000*
- Estimated cost of required books and supplies are around $1,480*
- Last year, more than 40 students completed this program
- The dental assistant program takes about 10 months to complete
Find out more dental assistant programs by taking a look at our dental assistant schools profile page, which includes listings and career descriptions as well.
Phlebotomy (8 Hours)
Phlebotomy program takes usually three months to complete.
- Tuition estimate is $2,000*
- Required supplies and books: $170*
- Around 50 students completed the phlebotomy program last year
- Students usually complete the phlebotomy program in 3 months
To learn more visit our phlebotomy training profile page to obtain a complete overview and school listings that may help you match the right school..
Pharmacy Technician (38 Hours)
The pharmacy technician program takes about eleven months for most students to complete.
- Tuition estimate is $17,000*
- More than 10 students completed this program in the previous reported year
- The length of the pharmacy technician program is about 11 months
Get more information about pharmacy technician and see other schools listed by going to our pharmacy technician training profile page.
*Amounts for tuition, fees, and supplies are an estimate which are calculated based on historical data and should be solely used for informational purposes only.
**Repayment rates, earnings, and loan payments are estimates and should be treated as informational tools only, contact the school for official information.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The overall cost students will pay at this school is approximately $23,400 after scholarships, grants and other forms of aid are taken into consideration. In order to calculate a more accurate and detailed cost of attendance visit the net price calculator. The figures listed are for informational purposes only and do not represent current or future tuition, fees, and expenses.
Note: Financial aid is only available for those who qualify, check with the school for details.
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||71%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||63%||$3,808|
|Receiving Student Loans||56%||$5,715|
Note: The estimated default rate of students taking federal student loans in 2012 was around 14%.
Other Healthcare or Nursing Schools
The list of nearby schools has been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Ultimate Medical Academy.
- ATA Career Education in Spring Hill, FL (11 miles away)
- Concorde Career Institute - Tampa in Tampa, FL (17 miles away)
- Ultimate Medical Academy - Tampa in Tampa, FL (21 miles away)
- Sanford - Brown Institute in Tampa, FL (24 miles away)
- Cambridge Institute of Allied Health & Technology in Altamonte Springs, FL (99 miles away)