Universal Therapeutic Massage Institute (UTMI)
3410 Aztec Rd NE, Albuquerque, NM
- FAFSA School Code: 034303
- Phone: (505) 888-0020
- School Homepage
Universal Therapeutic Massage Institute is a career school that offers specialized education and training in the field of massage therapy for students in and around the city of Albuquerque. The school offers a massage therapy program which trains students with all the skills and abilities necessary to begin their career. The graduation rate of a school often provides valuable information regarding student success after graduation. At Universal Therapeutic Massage Institute, the graduation rate is around 74%. UTMI offers help with finding job options for students.
City and state licensing procedures may vary, and as such it is recommended students research how to get licensure. Universal Therapeutic Massage Institute has been accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges since 1999. Get more information by visiting the school's official website, where you can learn about program details, tuition, and disclosures.
The programs listed below are some of the programs offered by Universal Therapeutic Massage Institute. The list may differ from current programs, for a complete list of what programs are offered students can visit the school's website.
Get more information about the programs offered by clicking the request information button to the right.
The massage therapy programs that are listed below are broken down by the number of credit hours offered.
35 Credit Hours
- Estimated tuition and fees: $10,000 per year*
- Cost of books or supplies needed: $1,100*
- Takes about 9 months to complete
52 Credit Hours
- Estimated tuition and fees: $14,000 per year*
- Cost of books or supplies needed: $1,800*
- Takes about 13 months to complete
*Amounts for tuition, fees, and supplies are an estimate which are calculated based on historical data and should be solely used for informational purposes only.
**Repayment rates and student loan balances are estimates and should be treated as informational tools only, contact the school for official information.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
Once scholarships, grants and other forms of aid are calculated, the expected average cost for students at Universal Therapeutic Massage Institute is $19,200. A fee of $100 is required from all applicants. The tuition and financial aid figures listed show various costs that students may encounter at this school. The numbers may not be accurate due to changing factors in a given year, and are only intended to provide a guideline for students.
Note: Financial aid is only available for those who qualify, check with the school for details.
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||97%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||73%||$4,919|
|Receiving Student Loans||94%||$7,465|
Note: The estimated default rate of students taking federal student loans in 2009 was around 12%.
Other Massage Schools
The list of massage schools below offer programs similar to Universal Therapeutic Massage Institute. Click the links below to get a detailed profile for each school.
- Pima Medical Institute - Albuquerque Massage School in Albuquerque, NM (2 miles away)
- Massage Therapy Trainining Institute in Las Cruces, NM (194 miles away)
- Cortiva Institute - Tucson in Tucson, AZ (316 miles away)
- Cortiva Institute - Scottsdale in Scottsdale, AZ (324 miles away)
- Colorado School of Healing Arts in Lakewood, CO (327 miles away)
- Utah College of Massage Therapy - Tempe in Tempe, AZ (328 miles away)
- Utah College of Massage Therapy - Aurora in Aurora, CO (331 miles away)
- Massage Therapy Institute of Colorado in Denver, CO (332 miles away)