Get more information about Adrian College by clicking links below:
Adrian College is a liberal arts college that offers an undergraduate education and assists students in developing important skills useful in pursuit of graduate education or employment. A liberal arts curriculum exposes students to a variety of topics and subjects. The school is located in Adrian, Michigan, which is a predominantly rural area. The school's United Methodist affiliation is one of its defining characteristics and plays an important role within the school's vision. Approximately 1,700 students enroll at Adrian College yearly.
A list of some of the more popular programs offered are:
- Business And Marketing Studies
- Recreation And Fitness Studies
- Security And Protective Services
- Communications And Journalism
- Biological And Biomedical Sciences
The admissions process will include the submission of an application, student records, and standardized test scores, which are then evaluated by admissions staff. Most students accepted to this school score in-between 19 to 24 on the ACT exam. Approximately 60% of all applicant were admitted at this school, with 22% of those admitted choosing to attend. More information from the admissions office can be found at adrian.edu.
The cost of undergraduate tuition is nearly $30,000, but may change yearly. Students are encouraged to visit the school's price of attendance calculator to better understand their personal tuition costs. On-campus housing is available for students, which costs about $4,400 each year. Some students at this school may be eligible for financial aid, which is typically offered in the form of loans, grants, scholarships and work study programs.
The Adrian College "Bulldogs" compete in a number of intercollegiate sports through participation in the NCAA. Athletic programs available may include:
- Baseball (NCAA Division III)
- Basketball (NCAA Division III)
- Track & Field (NCAA Division III)
- Football (NCAA Division III)
Students may visit the school's http://www.adrian.edu to see additional information.
Admission Requirements & Details
The admission details below may give an overview of the applicants Adrian College accepts. The details may include application requirements and recommendations, as well as any AP college credits that may be transferred.
College Credits Accepted
- Dual Credits
- AP Course Credits
Total enrollment at Adrian College is around 1,600 students. The student body is made up of 99% undergraduate students and 1% graduate students.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Annual tuition is estimated to range between $32,000-$38,000 for both in-state and out-of-state students
- Part time students pay in the range of $890 to $1,100 per unit
Financial Aid Details
The financial aid table below details the types of financial aid, along with the percent of students receiving aid, and on average the amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||87%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||87%||$18,869|
|Receiving Student Loans||81%||$6,263|
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo support students and graduates, Adrian College may provide student services like:
- Remedial courses
- Counseling assistance
- Student employment
Adrian College has an overall graduation rate which is approximately 54%.
|Number of Year to Graduate||Percent of Entering Class|
|Students Graduating in 4 Years||39%|
|Graduating in 5 Years||14%|
|Graduating in 6 Years||1%|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Teacher Education (Bachelor's) Program
- * Accredited by the Teacher Education Accreditation Council, Accreditation Committee (since 2012)
Adrian College is a Member of National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), with many of the sports belonging to the NCAA Division III (with football) classification. The most popular sports played are listed below:
- Baseball (Michigan Intercollegiate Athletic Assoc)
- Basketball (Michigan Intercollegiate Athletic Assoc)
- Track and Field (Michigan Intercollegiate Athletic Assoc)
- Football (Michigan Intercollegiate Athletic Assoc)
- Ice Hockey
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Adrian College by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Business and Marketing Studies
Communications and Journalism
English Language and Literature
Ethnic Cultural and Gender Studies
Foreign Languages and Literature
Health and Clinical Professions
Mathematics and Statistics
Natural Resources and Conservation
Philosophy and Religious Studies
Public Administration and Social Services
Recreation and Fitness Studies
Security and Protective Services
Visual and Performing Arts
Other 4-Year Private Colleges
The list of schools below have been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Adrian College.
- University of Toledo in Toledo, OH (28 miles away)
- University of Michigan - Dearborn in Dearborn, MI (51 miles away)
- Indiana University - Purdue University - Fort Wayne in Fort Wayne, IN (77 miles away)
- University of Michigan - Flint in Flint, MI (80 miles away)
- Ohio State University - Lima Campus in Lima, OH (80 miles away)
Also, you can compare schools by looking through our list of colleges & universities:
- Review a complete list of all the Michigan colleges
- Get a list of all private colleges in Michigan
- Review all the liberal arts colleges located in Michigan
- Browse our detailed list of Bible & Christian Colleges in Michigan
Information displayed on this page has been obtained from Institution, State, and Federal data sources, including the US Dept. of Education's Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) Survey 2008-2013. Information should be solely used for informational purposes only and may not be accurate for the current year. Contact Adrian College for official up-to-date information.