Concordia University - Irvine
Also known as "Concordia University Irvine"
1530 Concordia West, Irvine, CA
- FAFSA School Code: 020705
- Phone: (949) 854-8002
- School Homepage
Financial Aid Office
Concordia University System is comprised of 10 schools located throughout the United States. The schools are managed by the Lutheran Church – Missouri Synod and enroll over 29,000 students annually and are named after the Book of Concord. The system was established in 1992 and has grown since that time to include new campuses and programs. The schools in the system operate independently of one another, though share services and resources as needed.
All Concordia University programs include a church work program as part of the curricula, in addition to the area of study chosen by the student. Programs are taught by an experienced and qualified faculty that prepares students through solid instruction and guidance. Students will earn a certificate, associates, bachelor’s or graduate level degree upon completion.
Programs offered include:
- Business Management
- Communication & Journalism
The Irvine branch of Array is located at 1530 Concordia West. This campus has graduated approximately three thousand students in recent years. This location offers student services in the form of online distance learning for individuals not near a physical campus and career guidance to help students define their goals. To learn more, including the school's consumer disclosures, by visiting cui.edu.
Admission Requirements & Details
The admissions information below may give an overview of the students Concordia University Irvine accepts. The details may include application requirements and recommendations, SAT/ACT scores of students who were accepted, as well as any college or dual credits that may be transferred. This information can be used to get a better idea of your chances of getting accepted to Concordia University - Irvine.
Admission Requirements & Recommendations
- High School G.P.A. and School Records are Required
- High School Academic Ranking are Required
- Letters of Recommendation are Recommended
- SAT or ACT Test Scores are Required
- TOEFL for ESL Students are Recommended
College Credits Accepted
- Dual Credits
- AP Course Credits
Admissions Test Scores - SAT Exam, ACT Exam, etc...
SAT ® scores for students that were accepted Fall 2011
|Score Range (25th to 75th Percentile)|
|SAT ® Critical Reading||450 - 560|
|SAT ® Math||460 - 570|
|SAT ® Writing||450 - 570|
|SAT ® Total Score||1360 - 1700|
ACT ® scores for students that were accepted Fall 2011
|Score Range (25th to 75th Percentile)|
|ACT ® English||19 - 25|
|ACT ® Math||18 - 25|
|ACT ® Composite Score||19 - 24|
Acceptance Rate Table - Chances of Getting Into Concordia University Irvine
The chances of getting accepted into Concordia University - Irvine can be seen in the table below.
|Granted Admissions||1,116 (76%)|
|Accepted Students That Enrolled||294 (26%)|
Total enrollment at Concordia University - Irvine is around 2,900 students, where graduate students make up roughly 47% of the student body.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Annual tuition is estimated to range between $28,000-$33,000 for both in-state and out-of-state students
- For part-time students, charges are between $870-$1,000 per unit
- Some programs may have tuition rates that will remain the same as the first year for up to five years.
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||98%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||98%||$14,561|
|Receiving Student Loans||74%||$6,979|
Note: The estimated default rate of students taking federal student loans in 2009 was around 3%.
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo help students and alumni, Concordia University - Irvine may provide services including:
- Distance learning
- Counseling assistance
- Work study style employment
The overall graduation rate of Concordia University - Irvine is approximately 51%.
|Number of Year to Graduate||Percent of Entering Class|
|Students Graduating in 4 Years||44%|
|Graduating in 5 Years||6%|
|Graduating in 6 Years||1%|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (BSN) Program (more info)
- * Accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (since 2009)
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Concordia University - Irvine by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (Ph.D.,M.D.,...)
Recreation and Fitness Studies
- Educational Leadership and Administration (M)
- Curriculum and Instruction (M)
- Elementary Education (M)
- Secondary Education (M)
Business and Marketing Studies
- Business Administration (B, M)
Liberal Arts and Sciences
Health and Clinical Professions
- Nursing (B)
Communications and Journalism
- Communication, General (B)
- Psychology (B)
- Behavioral Science (B)
- Global Studies (B, M)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Biology (B)
Theology and Religious Vocations
- Theology (B, M)
- Religious Education (B)
Visual and Performing Arts
- Art Studies (B)
- Drama (B)
- Music (B)
- History (B)
English Language and Literature
- English (B)
- Chemistry (B)
Computer and Information Sciences
Mathematics and Statistics
- Math (B)
Philosophy and Religious Studies
Foreign Languages and Literature
- Ancient Eastern Biblical Languages, Literatures and Linguistics
Other 4-Year Private Colleges Nearby
The list of nearby schools has been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Concordia University - Irvine.
- California State University - Dominguez Hills in Carson, CA (30 miles away)
- California State University - San Bernardino in San Bernardino, CA (45 miles away)
- California State University - San Marcos in San Marcos, CA (52 miles away)
- California State University - Channel Islands in Camarillo, CA (79 miles away)
- California State University - Bakersfield in Bakersfield, CA (139 miles away)
Also, you can compare schools by looking through our list of colleges & universities:
- Get a list of all the colleges in California
- See all private colleges in California
- See if these other Christian Colleges in California may interest you?