Get more information about Concordia University – Irvine by clicking links below:
Concordia University System is comprised of 10 schools located throughout the United States. The schools are managed by the Lutheran Church – Missouri Synod and enroll over 29,000 students annually and are named after the Book of Concord. The system was established in 1992 and has grown since that time to include new campuses and programs. The schools in the system operate independently of one another, though share services and resources as needed.
All Concordia University programs include a church work program as part of the curricula, in addition to the area of study chosen by the student. Programs are taught by an experienced and qualified faculty that prepares students through solid instruction and guidance. Students will earn a certificate, associates, bachelor’s or graduate level degree upon completion.
Programs offered include:
- Business Management
- Communication & Journalism
The Irvine branch of Concordia University System is located at 1530 Concordia West. This campus has graduated approximately four thousand students in recent years. This location offers services for students in the form of remedial education classes for licensure preparation or admissions requirements, flexible scheduling for those with irregular schedules, and career guidance to help students define their goals. To learn more, including the school's consumer disclosures, by visiting cui.edu.
Admission Requirements & Details
The admissions information below may give an overview of the students Concordia University Irvine accepts. The details may include application requirements and recommendations, SAT/ACT scores of students who were accepted, as well as any college or dual credits that may be transferred. This information can be used to get a better idea of your chances of getting accepted to Concordia University – Irvine.
Admission Requirements & Recommendations
- High School G.P.A. and School Records are Required
- High School Academic Ranking are Required
- Letters of Recommendation are Required
- SAT or ACT Test Scores are Required
- TOEFL for ESL Students are Recommended
College Credits Accepted
- Dual Credits
- Life Experience Credits
- AP Course Credits
Admissions Test Scores - SAT Exam, ACT Exam, etc...
SAT ® scores for students that were accepted Fall 2011
|Score Range (25th to 75th Percentile)|
|SAT ® Critical Reading||453 - 550|
|SAT ® Math||450 - 560|
|SAT ® Writing||450 - 550|
|SAT ® Total Score||1353 - 1660|
ACT ® scores for students that were accepted Fall 2011
|Score Range (25th to 75th Percentile)|
|ACT ® English||20 - 25|
|ACT ® Math||19 - 25|
|ACT ® Composite Score||20 - 25|
Acceptance Rate Table - Chances of Getting Into Concordia University Irvine
The chances of getting accepted into Concordia University – Irvine can be seen in the table below.
|Granted Admissions||1,874 (91%)|
|Accepted Students That Enrolled||373 (20%)|
Total enrollment at Concordia University – Irvine is around 3,500 students, where graduate students make up roughly 51% of the student body.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Annual tuition is estimated to range between $28,000-$33,000 for both in-state and out-of-state students
- For part-time students, charges are between $870-$1,000 per unit
- Some programs may have tuition rates locked at the first year rate for up to five years.
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||98%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||98%||$14,561|
|Receiving Student Loans||74%||$6,979|
Note: The estimated default rate of students taking federal student loans in 2011 was around 4%.
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo help students and alumni, Concordia University – Irvine may provide services including:
- Distance learning
- Weekend and night classes available
- Remedial instructional courses
- Counseling assistance
- Work study style employment
The overall graduation rate of Concordia University – Irvine is approximately 51%.
|Number of Year to Graduate||Percent of Entering Class|
|Students Graduating in 4 Years||44%|
|Graduating in 5 Years||6%|
|Graduating in 6 Years||1%|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (BSN) Program (more info)
- * Accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (since 2009)
Concordia University – Irvine is a Member of National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics (NAIA), with many of the sports belonging to the NAIA Division I classification. The most popular sports played are listed below:
- Baseball (Golden State Athletic Conference)
- Basketball (Golden State Athletic Conference)
- Track and Field (Golden State Athletic Conference)
- Swimming and Diving
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Concordia University – Irvine by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Business and Marketing Studies
Communications and Journalism
English Language and Literature
Foreign Languages and Literature
Health and Clinical Professions
Liberal Arts and Sciences
Mathematics and Statistics
Philosophy and Religious Studies
Recreation and Fitness Studies
Theology and Religious Vocations
Visual and Performing Arts
Other 4-Year Private Colleges
The list of schools below have been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Concordia University – Irvine.
- California State University - Dominguez Hills in Carson, CA (30 miles away)
- California State University - San Bernardino in San Bernardino, CA (45 miles away)
- California State University - San Marcos in San Marcos, CA (52 miles away)
- California State University - Channel Islands in Camarillo, CA (79 miles away)
- California State University - Bakersfield in Bakersfield, CA (139 miles away)
Also, check out our college lists below, which can help students compare schools to one another:
- Get a list of all the colleges in California
- See all private colleges in California
- See if these other Christian Colleges in California may interest you?
Information displayed on this page has been obtained from Institution, State, and Federal data sources, including the US Dept. of Education's Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) Survey 2008-2013. Information should be solely used for informational purposes only and may not be accurate for the current year. Contact Concordia University – Irvine for official up-to-date information.