Get more information about Drury University by clicking links below:
Drury University is a nonprofit private institution that has a large number of majors available for students to choose from. The school is located in Springfield, Missouri, in a predominantly urban area. Drury University has a yearly student enrollment of over five thousand.
Students may choose from several areas of study, including:
- Biological And Biomedical Sciences
- Liberal Arts And Sciences
- Security And Protective Services
- Business And Marketing Studies
The admissions process starts with the submission of an application, student records, and test scores, which are then reviewed by the admissions staff. Most students accepted to Drury University score in-between 19 - 31 on the ACT. 80% of those who apply are admitted to Drury University, of which 36 percent choose to attend. More information regarding admissions can be found at drury.edu.
The cost of undergraduate tuition is approximately $23,000 per year. Tuition prices may change for any number of reasons, and as such students should use the school's tuition calculator to identify their cost of attendance. Financial aid may be provided to students that meet the necessary requirements in the form of loans, grants, scholarships and work study programs.
Athletic programs are available at Drury University through the NCAA, allowing students to participate in intercollegiate sports. Available athletic programs offered may include:
- Baseball (NCAA Division II)
- Basketball (NCAA Division II)
- Golf (NCAA Division II)
Students can visit the Drury University website to get a complete list of areas of study, admissions information, and more that is available at this school.
Admission Requirements & Details
The information regarding admissions below may give an overview of the candidates Drury University accepts. The details may include admissions application requirements and recommendations, SAT/ACT scores of accepted students, as well as any AP or college credits that may be transferred. This information can be used to get a better feeling of your chances of getting accepted to Drury University.
Admission Requirements & Recommendations
- High School G.P.A. and School Records are Required
- High School Academic Ranking are Recommended
- Letters of Recommendation are Required
- SAT or ACT Test Scores are Required
- TOEFL for ESL Students are Required
College Credits Accepted
- Dual Credits
- AP Course Credits
Admissions Test Scores - SAT Exam, ACT Exam, etc...
SAT ® scores for students that were accepted Fall 2011
|Score Range (25th to 75th Percentile)|
|SAT ® Critical Reading||525 - 650|
|SAT ® Math||515 - 615|
|SAT ® Writing||465 - 605|
|SAT ® Total Score||1505 - 1870|
ACT ® scores for students that were accepted Fall 2011
|Score Range (25th to 75th Percentile)|
|ACT ® English||22 - 29|
|ACT ® Math||22 - 27|
|ACT ® Composite Score||22 - 28|
Acceptance Rate Table
The table below lists the chances for admission at Drury University.
|Granted Admissions||871 (81%)|
|Accepted Students That Enrolled||323 (37%)|
Drury University has a total student population of about 5,200, where graduate students make up roughly 9% of the student body.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- The estimated tuition range is around $22,000-$26,000 per year
- For part-time students, charges are between $710-$850 per unit
- The average estimated cost for on campus dorms & meals is listed to be around $9,600, the cost includes twenty meals per week
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||67%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||61%||$8,606|
|Receiving Student Loans||45%||$4,751|
Note: The estimated default rate of students taking federal student loans in 2011 was around 17%.
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo help students and recent graduates, Drury University may offer student services like those listed below:
- Online classes
- Classes offered on nights and weekends
- Counseling assistance
- Employing students to lower education costs
- Assisting students to find work
Drury University has an overall graduation rate which is close to 57%.
|Number of Year to Graduate||Percent of Entering Class|
|Students Graduating in 4 Years||42%|
|Graduating in 5 Years||10%|
|Graduating in 6 Years||0.6%|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Music Program (more info)
- * Accredited by the National Association of Schools of Music, Commission on Accreditation, Commission on Community/Junior College Accreditation (since 2003)
- Elementary and Secondary School Teacher Education Program (more info)
- * Accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (since 1957)
Drury University is a Member of National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), with many of the sports being in the NCAA Division II (without football) classification. The most popular sports played are listed below:
- Baseball (Great Lakes Valley Conference)
- Basketball (Great Lakes Valley Conference)
- Swimming and Diving
- Track and Field, Outdoor
- Track and Field, X-Country
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Drury University by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Business and Marketing Studies
Communications and Journalism
Computer and Information Sciences
English Language and Literature
Foreign Languages and Literature
Health and Clinical Professions
Legal Professions and Studies
Liberal Arts and Sciences
Mathematics and Statistics
Natural Resources and Conservation
Philosophy and Religious Studies
Public Administration and Social Services
Recreation and Fitness Studies
Security and Protective Services
Visual and Performing Arts
Other 4-Year Private Colleges
The list of schools below have been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Drury University.
- Missouri Southern State University in Joplin, MO (65 miles away)
- Pittsburg State University in Pittsburg, KS (79 miles away)
- University of Central Missouri in Warrensburg, MO (106 miles away)
- Lincoln University in Jefferson City, MO (111 miles away)
- Northeastern State University in Tahlequah, OK (129 miles away)
See a list of all the colleges and universities by clicking on one of the links below:
Information displayed on this page has been obtained from Institution, State, and Federal data sources, including the US Dept. of Education's Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) Survey 2008-2013. Information should be solely used for informational purposes only and may not be accurate for the current year. Contact Drury University for official up-to-date information.