Get more information about La Sierra University by clicking links below:
La Sierra University, a nonprofit private institution, offers an assortment of program options, allowing students to choose which major is right for them. Located in Riverside, CA, the campus resides in an urban setting for students to study in. The school's Seventh Day Adventists affiliation is one of its defining characteristics and plays an important role within the school's mission. Enrollment at La Sierra University exceeds two thousand yearly.
Students can select from a few areas of study, including but not limited to:
- Business And Marketing Studies
- Biological And Biomedical Sciences
- Liberal Arts And Sciences
To be considered for admissions, students may be required to fill out an application, provide letters of recommendations, and submit high school records and test scores, which are then evaluated by the admissions committee. Either the ACT or SAT exam can be taken in order to be able to apply to La Sierra University. Scores between 16 to 20 on the ACT or 1240 to 1580 on the SAT are needed to increase your chances for getting accepted. This school accepts roughly 50% of applicants. Of those applicants accepted, about 35% of students enrolled. More information from the admissions office can be found at lasierra.edu.
The cost of tuition is approximately $30,000 per year. Tuition prices may change for a variety of reasons, and as such students should visit the school's net price calculator to identify their cost of attendance. Financial aid may be offered to students that meet the required requirements.
The mascot for La Sierra University is the "Golden Eagles", and they participate in intercollegiate athletic programs through oversight by the NAIA. Athletic programs that are available include:
- Baseball (NAIA Division II)
- Basketball (NAIA Division II)
- Soccer (NAIA Division II)
- Softball (NAIA Division II)
Students should visit the school's http://www.lasierra.edu to view additional information.
Admission Requirements & Details
The admission details below may give you an idea of the candidates La Sierra University accepts. The details may include admissions application requirements and recommendations, as well as any AP or college credits that may be transferred.
College Credits Accepted
- Dual Credits
- AP Course Credits
The total student enrollment at La Sierra University is about 2,500, with undergraduate students making up about 84% of the total student population and graduate students making up the rest.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Annual tuition estimates are between $29,000-$35,000 for both state residents and nonresidents
- The estimated tuition for part time students is around $800 to $960 per unit
- On-campus housing and meals are estimated to cost around $8, the price includes the serving of eighteen meals every week
Financial Aid Details
The table listed below helps break down the types of financial aid students receive and the percent receiving aid, as well as the average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||100%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||100%||$14,203|
|Receiving Student Loans||82%||$6,161|
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo help students and recent graduates, La Sierra University may provide student services including:
- Online course work available
- Weekend and night classes available
- Remedial courses
- Career path counseling
- Work study style employment
La Sierra University has an overall graduation rate which is around 49%.
|Number of Year to Graduate||Percent of Entering Class|
|Students Graduating in 4 Years||19%|
|Graduating in 5 Years||15%|
|Graduating in 6 Years||4%|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Music Program (more info)
- * Accredited by the National Association of Schools of Music, Commission on Accreditation (since 1996)
- Theology (Ministry) Program (more info)
- * Accredited by the Commission on Accrediting of the Association of Theological Schools (since 2012)
La Sierra University is a Member of National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics (NAIA), with many of the sports being in the NAIA Division II classification. The most popular sports played are listed below:
- Baseball (Other)
- Basketball (Other)
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by La Sierra University by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Business and Marketing Studies
Communications and Journalism
Computer and Information Sciences
English Language and Literature
Foreign Languages and Literature
Health and Clinical Professions
Liberal Arts and Sciences
Mathematics and Statistics
Philosophy and Religious Studies
Public Administration and Social Services
Recreation and Fitness Studies
Security and Protective Services
Theology and Religious Vocations
Visual and Performing Arts
Other 4-Year Private Colleges
The list of schools below have been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to La Sierra University.
- California State University - San Bernardino in San Bernardino, CA (21 miles away)
- California State University - Fullerton in Fullerton, CA (23 miles away)
- Saginaw Valley State University in University Center, MI (28 miles away)
- California State University - Los Angeles in Los Angeles, CA (40 miles away)
- California State University - Dominguez Hills in Carson, CA (44 miles away)
Also, check out our college lists below, which can help students compare schools to one another:
- Get a list of all the colleges in California
- Get a list of all private colleges in California
- See if these other Christian Colleges in California may interest you?
Information displayed on this page has been obtained from Institution, State, and Federal data sources, including the US Dept. of Education's Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) Survey 2008-2013. Information should be solely used for informational purposes only and may not be accurate for the current year. Contact La Sierra University for official up-to-date information.