Get more information about Nebraska Wesleyan University by clicking links below:
Nebraska Wesleyan University is a liberal arts college that offers an undergraduate education and helps students in developing important skills useful in pursuit of graduate education or employment. A liberal arts curriculum exposes students to a variety of topics and subjects. The school is located in Lincoln, NE, which is a predominantly urban area. The school maintains a United Methodist affiliation, which is evident in the role it plays in program curriculums and daily life at the school. Approximately two thousand students are enrolled per year at Nebraska Wesleyan University.
Students may pick from several areas of study, including but not limited to:
- Business And Marketing Studies
- Health And Clinical Professions
- Biological And Biomedical Sciences
- Security And Protective Services
Students applying for admission are required to submit an application, transcripts, records, standardized test scores and any requested letters of recommendations, which will then be reviewed by admissions staff. The majority of students at Nebraska Wesleyan University scored between 23 - 28 on the ACT exam. This school accepts about 80% of applicants yearly. Of those applicants admitted, nearly 30% of students attended the school. More information regarding admissions can be found here.
The cost of tuition is nearly $27,000 for the year. Tuition prices may change for a variety of reasons, and therefore students should use the school's tuition calculator to understand their personalized cost estimate of attendance. The price of on-campus housing is around $4,200 per year. Financial aid may be provided to students that meet the required requirements in the form of loans, grants, scholarships and work study programs.
The Nebraska Wesleyan University "Prairie Wolves" compete in a number of intercollegiate sports through participation in the NAIA. Sports available:
- Baseball (NCAA Division III)
- Basketball (NCAA Division III)
- Track & Field (NCAA Division III)
Students may take a look at the school's http://www.nebrwesleyan.edu/ to view additional information.
Admission Requirements & Details
The admissions information below may give you an idea of the applicants Nebraska Wesleyan University accepts. The details may include admissions application requirements and recommendations, as well as any college or dual credits that may be transferred.
College Credits Accepted
- Dual Credits
- Life Experience Credits
- AP Course Credits
The total student enrollment at Nebraska Wesleyan University is about 4,000. The enrollment breakdown by academic level is 9% enrolling as graduate students and 91% as undergraduate students.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Annual tuition is estimated to range between $29,000-$35,000 for both in-state and out-of-state students
- The estimated tuition for part time students is around $1,100 to $1,300 per unit
Financial Aid Details
The information below lists the financial aid types students are receiving. Also shown are the percent of students receiving aid and the average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||100%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||100%||$12,088|
|Receiving Student Loans||74%||$6,271|
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo help students and alumni, Nebraska Wesleyan University may provide services including:
- Distance learning
- Weekend and night classes available
- Academic counseling for students
- Work study style employment
- Employment search assistance
The overall graduation rate of Nebraska Wesleyan University is approximately 68%.
|Number of Year to Graduate||Percent of Entering Class|
|Students Graduating in 4 Years||55%|
|Graduating in 5 Years||13%|
|Graduating in 6 Years||1%|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Music Program (more info)
- Master's Degree in Nursing (MSN) Program (more info)
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (BSN) Program (more info)
- Elementary and Secondary School Teacher Education Program (more info)
Nebraska Wesleyan University is a Member of National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), with many of the sports being in the NCAA Division III (with football) classification. The most popular sports played are listed below:
- Baseball (Great Plains Athletic Conference)
- Basketball (Great Plains Athletic Conference)
- Track and Field (Great Plains Athletic Conference)
- Football (Great Plains Athletic Conference)
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Nebraska Wesleyan University by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Business and Marketing Studies
Communications and Journalism
Computer and Information Sciences
English Language and Literature
Ethnic Cultural and Gender Studies
Foreign Languages and Literature
Health and Clinical Professions
Mathematics and Statistics
Philosophy and Religious Studies
Public Administration and Social Services
Recreation and Fitness Studies
Security and Protective Services
Visual and Performing Arts
Other 4-Year Private Colleges
The list of schools below have been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Nebraska Wesleyan University.
- University of Nebraska at Omaha in Omaha, NE (44 miles away)
- Peru State College in Peru, NE (54 miles away)
- Northwest Missouri State University in Maryville, MO (99 miles away)
- Wayne State College in Wayne, NE (99 miles away)
- Missouri Western State University in Saint Joseph, MO (123 miles away)
Also, you can compare schools by looking through our list of colleges & universities:
- Browse through our complete list of colleges in Nebraska
- Browse our list of private colleges in Nebraska
- See other Christian and Bible Colleges in Nebraska
Information displayed on this page has been obtained from Institution, State, and Federal data sources, including the US Dept. of Education's Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) Survey 2010-2016. Information should be solely used for informational purposes only and may not be accurate for the current year. Contact Nebraska Wesleyan University for official up-to-date information.