Get more information about Northwest Nazarene University by clicking links below:
Northwest Nazarene University is a nonprofit private institution located in Nampa, ID and provides a large number of educational opportunities for students. The school's Church of the Nazarene affiliation is one of its defining characteristics and plays an important role within the school's curriculum. Nearly two thousand students enroll at Northwest Nazarene University annually.
Students can choose from several areas of study, including:
- Business And Marketing Studies
- Public Administration And Social Services
- Theology And Religious Vocations
- Health And Clinical Professions
The school maintains an open enrollment policy, admitting any students that meet the minimum requirements for admission. Submission of school records, test scores, and admissions essays may be required for certain programs. More information regarding admissions can be found here.
The cost of tuition is close to $26,000, but may change each year. Students are encouraged to visit the school's price of attendance calculator to better understand their cost of attending this school. Some students at Northwest Nazarene University may qualify for financial aid, which is typically provided in the form of loans, grants, scholarships and work study programs.
The Northwest Nazarene University Crusaders participate in several athletic programs, within the NCAA organization. Available sports offered may include:
- Baseball (NCAA Division II)
- Basketball (NCAA Division II)
- Golf (NCAA Division II)
- Soccer (NCAA Division II)
Contact information, academics information, areas of study, and much more may be viewed on school's website at http://www.nnu.edu.
Admission Requirements & Details
The information regarding admissions below may give an overview of the applicants Northwest Nazarene University accepts. The details may include admissions application requirements and recommendations, as well as any AP credits that may be transferred.
College Credits Accepted
- Dual Credits
- AP Course Credits
Northwest Nazarene University has a total student population of about 2,200, where graduate students make up roughly 11% of the student body.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Annual tuition is estimated to range between $28,000-$33,000 for both in-state and out-of-state students
- Per unit charges are around $1,300 for part time students
- May offer prepaid tuition, allowing students to purchase tuition at current rates for future years.
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||99%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||99%||$16,898|
|Receiving Student Loans||73%||$7,813|
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo support students and graduates, Northwest Nazarene University may provide services like:
- Distance learning
- Night and weekend classes available
- Remedial courses
- Career path counseling
- Work study style employment
The overall graduation rate of Northwest Nazarene University is approximately 49%.
|Number of Year to Graduate||Percent of Entering Class|
|Students Graduating in 4 Years||32%|
|Graduating in 5 Years||12%|
|Graduating in 6 Years||5%|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Music Program (more info)
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (BSN) Program (more info)
- Nursing (MSN, DSN) Program (more info)
- Elementary and Secondary School Teacher Education Program (more info)
Northwest Nazarene University is a Member of National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), with many of the sports being in the NCAA Division II (without football) classification. The most popular sports played are listed below:
- Baseball (Great Northwest Athletic Conference)
- Basketball (Great Northwest Athletic Conference)
- Track and Field, Indoor
- Track and Field, Outdoor
- Track and Field, X-Country
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Northwest Nazarene University by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Business and Marketing Studies
Communications and Journalism
Computer and Information Sciences
English Language and Literature
Foreign Languages and Literature
Health and Clinical Professions
Liberal Arts and Sciences
Mathematics and Statistics
Philosophy and Religious Studies
Public Administration and Social Services
Recreation and Fitness Studies
Security and Protective Services
Theology and Religious Vocations
Visual and Performing Arts
Other 4-Year Private Colleges
The list of schools below have been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Northwest Nazarene University.
- Boise State University in Boise, ID (18 miles away)
- Eastern Oregon University in La Grande, OR (147 miles away)
- The University of Montana - Western in Dillon, MT (225 miles away)
- Montana Tech of the University of Montana in Butte, MT (259 miles away)
- Eastern Washington University in Cheney, WA (276 miles away)
Information displayed on this page has been obtained from Institution, State, and Federal data sources, including the US Dept. of Education's Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) Survey 2010-2016. Information should be solely used for informational purposes only and may not be accurate for the current year. Contact Northwest Nazarene University for official up-to-date information.