Get more information about Queens University of Charlotte by clicking links below:
Queens is a nonprofit private institution located in Charlotte, NC and provides a large number of program options for students. The Presbyterian Church affiliation of this school is an important part of the history, education and mission that defines the school. Approximately 2,500 students are enrolled yearly at Queens.
Here is a list of some of the popular programs Queens University of Charlotte offers:
- Health And Clinical Professions
- Business And Marketing Studies
- English Language And Literature
- Communications And Journalism
To be considered for admissions, applicants may be asked to fill out an application, provide letters of recommendations, and submit school records, which are then reviewed by admissions officials. Most students admitted to this school have an SAT score in a range of 1390 - 1710, or an ACT score within the range of 20 - 25. Queens accepts around 70 percent of students applying. Of those accepted, nearly 22 percent registered for enrollment. More information regarding admissions can be found at queens.edu.
The cost of tuition is nearly $28,000 annually. Tuition prices may change for any number of reasons, and as such students should visit the school's price of attendance calculator to get a better idea of their personalized cost estimate of attendance. Housing is available for students, and generally costs approximately $6,600 per year. Queens University of Charlotte may offer financial aid for students that are eligible as grants and loans.
Athletic programs are available at Queens through the NCAA, allowing students to participate in intercollegiate sports. Available athletic programs offered:
- Basketball (NCAA Division II)
- Track & Field (NCAA Division II)
- Golf (NCAA Division II)
- Lacrosse (NCAA Division II)
Students who wish to view more about this school may check out their website at http://www.queens.edu.
Admission Requirements & Details
The admission details below may give you an idea of the students Queens accepts. The details may include application requirements and recommendations, as well as any AP or college credits that may be transferred.
College Credits Accepted
- Dual Credits
- Life Experience Credits
- AP Course Credits
Total enrollment at Queens University of Charlotte is around 2,300 students. The student body is made up of 72% undergraduate students and 12% graduate students.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Annual tuition is estimated to range between $31,000-$38,000 for both in-state and out-of-state students
- Per unit charges are around $510 for part time students
Financial Aid Details
The financial aid table below details the types of financial aid, along with the percent of students receiving aid, and on average the amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||99%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||99%||$20,577|
|Receiving Student Loans||62%||$8,319|
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo help support students, Queens University of Charlotte may offer services like those listed below:
- Online classes
- Classes offered on nights and weekends
- Academic counseling for students
- Student employment
- Helping students find work after graduation
The overall graduation rate of Queens University of Charlotte is approximately 52%.
|Number of Year to Graduate||Percent of Entering Class|
|Students Graduating in 4 Years||43%|
|Graduating in 5 Years||7%|
|Graduating in 6 Years||0.7%|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Music Program (more info)
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (BSN) Program (more info)
- Nursing (MSN, DSN) Program (more info)
- Elementary and Secondary School Teacher Education Program (more info)
Queens is a Member of National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), with many of the sports belonging to the NCAA Division II (without football) classification. The most popular sports played are listed below:
- Basketball (South Atlantic Conference)
- Track and Field (South Atlantic Conference)
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Queens University of Charlotte by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Business and Marketing Studies
Communications and Journalism
Computer and Information Sciences
English Language and Literature
Ethnic Cultural and Gender Studies
Foreign Languages and Literature
Health and Clinical Professions
Mathematics and Statistics
Natural Resources and Conservation
Philosophy and Religious Studies
Public Administration and Social Services
Recreation and Fitness Studies
Visual and Performing Arts
Other 4-Year Private Colleges
The list of schools below have been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Queens University of Charlotte.
- Winthrop University in Rock Hill, SC (19 miles away)
- University of South Carolina - Upstate in Spartanburg, SC (66 miles away)
- Winston - Salem State University in Winston-Salem, NC (71 miles away)
- Francis Marion University in Florence, SC (95 miles away)
- University of North Carolina at Pembroke in Pembroke, NC (98 miles away)
Also, you can compare schools by looking through our list of colleges & universities:
- Review a complete list of all the North Carolina colleges
- See all private colleges in North Carolina
- See if these other Christian Colleges in North Carolina may interest you?
Information displayed on this page has been obtained from Institution, State, and Federal data sources, including the US Dept. of Education's Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) Survey 2010-2016. Information should be solely used for informational purposes only and may not be accurate for the current year. Contact Queens University of Charlotte for official up-to-date information.