Get more information about Sacred Heart University by clicking links below:
SHU is a nonprofit private institution located in Fairfield, CT and provides a large number of educational opportunities for students. The school's Roman Catholic affiliation is one of its defining characteristics and plays an important role within the school's curriculum. Over 6,200 students enroll at Sacred Heart University per year.
Students can choose from a few areas of study, including:
- Business And Marketing Studies
- Health And Clinical Professions
The admissions process will begin with the submission of an application, transcripts, and test scores, which are then evaluated by admissions officials. Roughly 60 percent of all applicant were accepted at this school, with 20 percent of those admitted choosing to enroll. More information regarding admissions can be found here.
Undergraduate tuition is approximately $36,000 annually, though it may vary based on different types of circumstances. Students should check the school's net price calculator to find what your personalized cost of attendance would be. Housing may be available for students that would like to live on-campus for around a cost of $10,000 annually. Financial aid may be provided to students that meet the required requirements.
The SHU "Pioneers" compete in a number of intercollegiate sports through participation in the NCAA. Athletic programs offered may include:
- Baseball (NCAA Division I-AA)
- Basketball (NCAA Division I-AA)
- Track & Field (NCAA Division I-AA)
- Fencing (NCAA Division I-AA)
- Field Hockey (NCAA Division I-AA)
To see a full list of academic programs offered, enrollment information, financial aid details, and more, please take a look at the school's website at http://www.sacredheart.edu.
Admission Requirements & Details
The admission details below may give an overview of the students SHU accepts. The details may include application requirements and recommendations, as well as any AP college credits that may be transferred.
College Credits Accepted
- Dual Credits
- Life Experience Credits
- AP Course Credits
Total enrollment at Sacred Heart University is around 7,800 students, with undergraduate students making up about 64% of the total student population and graduate students making up the rest.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Tuition is estimated to be around $39,000 per year for in-state and nonresident students
- For part-time students, charges are between $550-$650 per unit
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||92%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||90%||$11,087|
|Receiving Student Loans||70%||$8,535|
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo help students and recent graduates, Sacred Heart University may offer services including:
- Distance learning
- Classes offered on nights and weekends
- Counseling assistance
- Work study style employment
- Assisting students to find work
The overall graduation rate of Sacred Heart University is approximately 70%.
|Number of Year to Graduate||Percent of Entering Class|
|Students Graduating in 4 Years||63%|
|Graduating in 5 Years||5%|
|Graduating in 6 Years||1%|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- English Language Program (more info)
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (BSN) Program (more info)
- Nursing (MSN, DSN) Program (more info)
- Occupational Therapy (OT) Program (more info)
- Elementary and Secondary School Teacher Education Program
Sacred Heart University is a Member of National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), with many of the sports being in the NCAA Division I-AA classification. The most popular sports played are listed below:
- Baseball (Northeast Conference)
- Basketball (Northeast Conference)
- Track and Field (Northeast Conference)
- Field Hockey
- Football (Northeast Conference)
- Ice Hockey
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Sacred Heart University by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Business and Marketing Studies
Communications and Journalism
Computer and Information Sciences
English Language and Literature
Foreign Languages and Literature
Health and Clinical Professions
Liberal Arts and Sciences
Mathematics and Statistics
Philosophy and Religious Studies
Public Administration and Social Services
Security and Protective Services
Visual and Performing Arts
Other 4-Year Private Colleges
The list of schools below have been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Sacred Heart University.
- Western Connecticut State University in Danbury, CT (16 miles away)
- Southern Connecticut State University in New Haven, CT (17 miles away)
- SUNY College at Old Westbury in Old Westbury, NY (35 miles away)
- CUNY York College in Jamaica, NY (46 miles away)
- Ramapo College of New Jersey in Mahwah, NJ (50 miles away)
Also, check out our college lists below, which can help students compare schools to one another:
- Compare schools and see a list of all colleges in Connecticut
- Review a list of Connecticut private colleges
- See other Christian and Bible Colleges in Connecticut
Information displayed on this page has been obtained from Institution, State, and Federal data sources, including the US Dept. of Education's Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) Survey 2008-2013. Information should be solely used for informational purposes only and may not be accurate for the current year. Contact Sacred Heart University for official up-to-date information.