Get more information about Saint Joseph College by clicking links below:
Saint Joseph College is a nonprofit private institution that has a large number of majors available for students to choose from. The school is located in West Hartford, Connecticut, in a predominantly urban area. The school's Roman Catholic affiliation is one of its defining characteristics and plays an important role within the school's curriculum. St. Joseph College has a yearly student enrollment of approximately 2,300.
Here is a list of some of the popular programs St. Joseph College offers:
- Health And Clinical Professions
- Biological And Biomedical Sciences
- Business And Marketing Studies
- Public Administration And Social Services
Students applying for admission are usually asked to submit an application, school records, standardized test scores and any requested application essays, which will then be reviewed by the school. Most students admitted to St. Joseph College have an SAT score within the range of 900 to 1090, or an ACT score within the range of 22 to 23. 78% of students that apply are accepted to St. Joseph College, of which 15% choose to attend. More information from the admissions office can be found at sjc.edu.
The cost of tuition is approximately $33,000 for the year. Tuition prices may change for a variety of reasons, and that is why students should visit the school's net price calculator to get a better idea of their costs. The price of on-campus housing is estimated to be $6,700 per year. This school may help with costs by offering financial aid for students that qualify in the form of grants and loans.
The Saint Joseph College "Blue Jays" compete in a number of intercollegiate sports through participation in the NCAA. Sports available may include the following:
- Basketball (NCAA Division III)
- Lacrosse (NCAA Division III)
- Soccer (NCAA Division III)
- Softball (NCAA Division III)
Contact information, admission forms, areas of study, and much more can be accessed on school's website at http://www.sjc.edu.
Admission Requirements & Details
The admissions information below may give an overview of the students Saint Joseph College accepts. The details may include application requirements and recommendations, SAT/ACT scores of accepted students, as well as any college credits that may be transferred. This information can be used to get a better feeling of your chances of getting into Saint Joseph College.
Admission Requirements & Recommendations
- High School G.P.A. and School Records are Required
- High School Academic Ranking are Recommended
- Letters of Recommendation are Required
- SAT or ACT Test Scores are Required
- TOEFL for ESL Students are Required
College Credits Accepted
- Dual Credits
- Life Experience Credits
- AP Course Credits
Admissions Test Scores - SAT Exam, ACT Exam, etc...
ACT ® scores for students that were accepted Fall 2013
|Score Range (25th to 75th Percentile)|
|ACT ® English||0 - 0|
|ACT ® Math||0 - 0|
|ACT ® Composite Score||18 - 22|
Acceptance Rate Table - Chances of Getting Into St. Joseph College
The table below lists the chances for admission at Saint Joseph College.
|Granted Admissions||737 (86%)|
|Accepted Students That Enrolled||153 (21%)|
The total student enrollment at Saint Joseph College is about 2,600. The enrollment breakdown by academic level is 62% enrolling as graduate students and 38% as undergraduate students.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- The estimated tuition range is around $33,000-$40,000 per year
- For part-time students, charges are between $750-$900 per unit
Financial Aid Details
The table listed below helps break down the types of financial aid students receive and the percent receiving aid, as well as the average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||100%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||100%||$16,952|
|Receiving Student Loans||87%||$6,666|
Note: The estimated default rate of students taking federal student loans in 2012 was around 5.8%.
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo help students and alumni, Saint Joseph College may provide services like those listed below:
- Online classes
- Night and weekend classes available
- Counseling assistance
- Work study style employment
- Employment search assistance
Saint Joseph College has an overall graduation rate which is close to 52%.
|Number of Year to Graduate||Percent of Entering Class|
|Students Graduating in 4 Years||37%|
|Graduating in 5 Years||13%|
|Graduating in 6 Years||2%|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Dietetics Program (more info)
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (BSN) Program (more info)
- Nursing (MSN, DSN) Program (more info)
- Pharmacy (Pharm. D.) Program (more info)
- Elementary and Secondary School Teacher Education Program
Saint Joseph College is a Member of National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), with many of the sports being in the NCAA Division III (without football) classification. The most popular sports played are listed below:
- Basketball (Great Northeast Athletic Conference)
- Track and Field, X-Country
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Saint Joseph College by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Business and Marketing Studies
English Language and Literature
Ethnic Cultural and Gender Studies
Family and Consumer Sciences
Foreign Languages and Literature
Health and Clinical Professions
Legal Professions and Studies
Liberal Arts and Sciences
Mathematics and Statistics
Philosophy and Religious Studies
Public Administration and Social Services
Security and Protective Services
Visual and Performing Arts
Other 4-Year Private Colleges
The list of schools below have been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Saint Joseph College.
- Eastern Connecticut State University in Willimantic, CT (27 miles away)
- Southern Connecticut State University in New Haven, CT (33 miles away)
- Western Connecticut State University in Danbury, CT (45 miles away)
- Massachusetts College of Liberal Arts in North Adams, MA (66 miles away)
- Framingham State College in Framingham, MA (75 miles away)
See a list of all the colleges and universities by clicking on one of the links below:
- Compare all colleges & universities in Connecticut
- Find out what other private colleges are located in Connecticut
- Compare other Connecticut Christian and Bible Colleges
Information displayed on this page has been obtained from Institution, State, and Federal data sources, including the US Dept. of Education's Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) Survey 2008-2013. Information should be solely used for informational purposes only and may not be accurate for the current year. Contact Saint Joseph College for official up-to-date information.