Get more information about Saint Louis University by clicking links below:
Saint Louis University provides a variety of program options for students to aid them in their growth and development. The school is located in Saint Louis, MO and operated as a private institution. The Roman Catholic affiliation of this school is an important part of the history, education and mission that defines the school. Approximately eighteen thousand students are enrolled yearly at SLU.
A list of some of the more popular programs offered are:
- Business And Marketing Studies
- Legal Professions And Studies
- Health And Clinical Professions
- Biological And Biomedical Sciences
Students applying for admission are usually asked to submit an application, transcripts, test scores and any requested personal statements, which will then be reviewed by admissions staff. The majority of students accepted to Saint Louis University achieve an SAT score between 1078 to 1330, or an ACT composite score within the range of 25 to 30. This school has an acceptance rate of about 62 percent of which only 21 percent decided to attend. More information regarding admissions can be found at slu.edu.
Tuition is approximately $37,000 per year, though it may change based on any number of circumstances. Students may visit the school's tuition calculator to see the personalize cost of attendance. Housing is available for students, which costs about $5,900 per year. Students enrolled at SLU may qualify for aid which is generally loans, grants, scholarships and work study programs.
Saint Louis University has a variety of athletic programs overseen by the NCAA. Athletic programs that are available include:
- Baseball (NCAA Division I-AAA)
- Basketball (NCAA Division I-AAA)
- Track & Field (NCAA Division I-AAA)
Students may visit the Saint Louis University website to get a complete list of areas of study, student services, and more.
Admission Requirements & Details
The admission details below may provide a better idea of the applicants Saint Louis University accepts. The details may include admissions application requirements and recommendations, SAT/ACT scores of accepted students, as well as any AP or college credits that may be transferred. This information can be used to see your chances of getting accepted to Saint Louis University.
Admission Requirements & Recommendations
- High School G.P.A. and School Records are Required
- Letters of Recommendation are Recommended
- SAT or ACT Test Scores are Required
- TOEFL for ESL Students are Required
College Credits Accepted
- Dual Credits
- AP Course Credits
Admissions Test Scores - SAT Exam, ACT Exam, etc...
ACT ® scores for students that were accepted Fall 2011
|Score Range (25th to 75th Percentile)|
|ACT ® English||25 - 32|
|ACT ® Math||24 - 29|
|ACT ® Composite Score||25 - 30|
Acceptance Rate Table
The table below lists the chances of getting into Saint Louis University.
|Granted Admissions||8,626 (64%)|
|Accepted Students That Enrolled||1,638 (19%)|
Total enrollment at Saint Louis University is around 18,000 students, with undergraduate students making up about 71% of the total student population and graduate students making up the rest.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Tuition is estimated to be around $38,000 per year for in-state and nonresident students
- For part-time students, charges are between $1,200-$1,500 per unit
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||90%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||89%||$17,104|
|Receiving Student Loans||57%||$7,171|
Note: The estimated default rate of students taking federal student loans in 2011 was around 5%.
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo support students and graduates, Saint Louis University may offer services to students including:
- Online course work available
- Classes offered on nights and weekends
- Remedial courses
- Counseling assistance
- Employing students to lower education costs
- Helping students find work after graduation
With a graduation rate of around 71%, Saint Louis University is among the most successful schools in the area.
|Number of Year to Graduate||Percent of Entering Class|
|Graduating in 5 Years||10%|
|Graduating in 6 Years||61%|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Dietetics Program
- Marriage and Family Therapy (MFT) Program (more info)
- Law Program (more info)
- Occupational Therapy (OT) Program (more info)
- Physical Therapy (P.T.) Program (more info)
- Clinical Psychology (Ph.D.) Program
- Speech-Language Pathology Program (more info)
- Health Services Administration Program
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (BSN) Program (more info)
- Nursing (MSN, DSN) Program (more info)
- Master's in Public Health (M.P.H.) Program (more info)
- Radiation Therapist Program
- Medical (M.D.) Program (more info)
- Art and Design Program
- Elementary and Secondary School Teacher Education Program
Saint Louis University is a Member of National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), with many of the sports belonging to the NCAA Division I-AAA classification. The most popular sports played are listed below:
- Baseball (Atlantic 10 Conference)
- Basketball (Atlantic 10 Conference)
- Track and Field (Atlantic 10 Conference)
- Field Hockey
- Swimming and Diving
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Saint Louis University by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Business and Marketing Studies
Communications and Journalism
Computer and Information Sciences
English Language and Literature
Ethnic Cultural and Gender Studies
Family and Consumer Sciences
Foreign Languages and Literature
Health and Clinical Professions
Legal Professions and Studies
Liberal Arts and Sciences
Mathematics and Statistics
Natural Resources and Conservation
Philosophy and Religious Studies
Public Administration and Social Services
Recreation and Fitness Studies
Security and Protective Services
Theology and Religious Vocations
Transportation and Materials Moving
Visual and Performing Arts
Other 4-Year Private Colleges
The list of schools below have been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Saint Louis University.
- Harris - Stowe State University in Saint Louis, MO (0.6 miles away)
- University of Missouri - St Louis in Saint Louis, MO (6 miles away)
- Southern Illinois University Edwardsville in Edwardsville, IL (17 miles away)
- University of Illinois at Springfield in Springfield, IL (82 miles away)
- Southern Illinois University Carbondale in Carbondale, IL (83 miles away)
Also, you can compare schools by looking through our list of colleges & universities:
- Compare all colleges & universities in Missouri
- Find out what other private colleges are located in Missouri
- Browse our detailed list of Bible & Christian Colleges in Missouri