Get more information about Saint Thomas University by clicking links below:
Saint Thomas University is a nonprofit private school that has a fair number of degrees available for students to choose from. The school is located in Miami Gardens, Florida, in a predominately suburban area. The school's Roman Catholic affiliation is one of its defining characteristics and plays an important role within the school's vision. Around 2,500 students enroll at Saint Thomas University yearly.
Students can select from a few areas of study, including:
- Legal Professions And Studies
- Business And Marketing Studies
- Security And Protective Services
Students applying for admission are usually required to submit an application, school records, test scores and any requested personal statements, which will then be reviewed by the admissions office. Most students admitted to Saint Thomas University have an SAT score in a range of 1160 to 1467, or an ACT composite score between 16 to 21. Approximately 60 percent of all applicant were accepted at Saint Thomas University, with 53 percent of those accepted choosing to attend. More information regarding admissions can be found at stu.edu.
Tuition is approximately $26,000 for the year, though it may change based on different types of circumstances. Students should check the school's price of attendance calculator to determine a more personalized cost estimate. This school may help with costs by offering financial aid for students that are eligible in the form of grants and loans.
Athletic programs are available at Saint Thomas University through the NAIA, allowing students to participate in intercollegiate sports. Available sports offered may include but not limited to:
- Baseball (NAIA Division II)
- Basketball (NAIA Division II)
- Golf (NAIA Division II)
- Soccer (NAIA Division II)
Students should visit the school's http://www.stu.edu to see additional information.
Admission Requirements & Details
The admissions information below may give you an idea of the students Saint Thomas University accepts. The details may include application requirements and recommendations, SAT/ACT scores of students who were accepted, as well as any college or dual credits that may be transferred. This information can be used to see your chances of getting accepted to Saint Thomas University.
Admission Requirements & Recommendations
- High School G.P.A. and School Records are Required
- High School Academic Ranking are Recommended
- Letters of Recommendation are Required
- SAT or ACT Test Scores are Required
- TOEFL for ESL Students are Required
College Credits Accepted
- Dual Credits
- Life Experience Credits
- AP Course Credits
Admissions Test Scores - SAT Exam, ACT Exam, etc...
SAT ® scores for students that were accepted Fall 2010
|Score Range (25th to 75th Percentile)|
|SAT ® Critical Reading||410 - 510|
|SAT ® Math||408 - 500|
|SAT ® Writing||400 - 490|
|SAT ® Total Score||1218 - 1500|
ACT ® scores for students that were accepted Fall 2010
|Score Range (25th to 75th Percentile)|
|ACT ® English||15 - 21|
|ACT ® Math||16 - 21|
|ACT ® Composite Score||16 - 21|
Acceptance Rate Table
The table below lists the chances for admission at Saint Thomas University.
|Granted Admissions||332 (46%)|
|Accepted Students That Enrolled||210 (63%)|
Saint Thomas University has a total student population of about 2,500. The student body is made up of 46% undergraduate students and 54% graduate students.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Tuition is estimated to be around $28,000 per year for in-state and nonresident students
- Part time students pay in the range of $500 to $600 per unit
- The average estimated cost for on campus housing and meals is listed to be around $11,000, the amount includes nineteen meals each week
Financial Aid Details
The financial aid table below details the types of financial aid, along with the percent of students receiving aid, and on average the amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||99%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||99%||$15,905|
|Receiving Student Loans||70%||$7,744|
Note: The estimated default rate of students taking federal student loans in 2011 was around 7%.
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo support students and graduates, Saint Thomas University may offer services like those listed below:
- Distance learning
- Remedial courses
- Academic counseling for students
- Student employment
- Assistance to find work
The overall graduation rate of Saint Thomas University is approximately 39%.
|Number of Year to Graduate||Percent of Entering Class|
|Students Graduating in 4 Years||24%|
|Graduating in 5 Years||12%|
|Graduating in 6 Years||2%|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Law Program (more info)
- * Accredited by the American Bar Association, Council of the Section of Legal Education and Admissions to the Bar (since 1988)
Saint Thomas University is a Member of National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics (NAIA), with many of the sports being in the NAIA Division II classification. The most popular sports played are listed below:
- Baseball (Florida Sun Conference)
- Basketball (Florida Sun Conference)
- Track and Field, X-Country
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Saint Thomas University by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Business and Marketing Studies
Communications and Journalism
Computer and Information Sciences
English Language and Literature
Health and Clinical Professions
Legal Professions and Studies
Liberal Arts and Sciences
Mathematics and Statistics
Natural Resources and Conservation
Philosophy and Religious Studies
Public Administration and Social Services
Security and Protective Services
Theology and Religious Vocations
Other 4-Year Private Colleges
The list of schools below have been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Saint Thomas University.
- Florida International University in Miami, FL (18 miles away)
- Florida Atlantic University in Boca Raton, FL (28 miles away)
- Florida Gulf Coast University in Fort Myers, FL (110 miles away)
- University of South Florida Sarasota - Manatee in Sarasota, FL (175 miles away)
- University of South Florida - St. Petersburg Campus in St. Petersburg, FL (194 miles away)
Also, check out our college lists below, which can help students compare schools to one another:
- Compare schools and see a list of all colleges in Florida
- Compare other Florida private colleges
- Browse our detailed list of Bible & Christian Colleges in Florida