Get more information about University of the Cumberlands by clicking links below:
University of the Cumberlands is a nonprofit private institution located in Williamsburg, KY and provides a large number of degree programs for students. The school's Baptist affiliation is one of its defining characteristics and plays an important role within the school's curriculum. Enrollment at Cumberland College is nearly 3,300 annually.
Students may pick from a few areas of study, including but not limited to:
- Business And Marketing Studies
- Biological And Biomedical Sciences
- Health And Clinical Professions
- Recreation And Fitness Studies
- English Language And Literature
To be considered for admissions, you may be required to complete an application, write a personal statement, and submit school transcripts, which are then evaluated by the admissions committee. Either the SAT or ACT exam must be taken to apply to this school. Scores within the range of 19 - 24 on the ACT or 860 - 1040 on the SAT are required to greatly increase the chance of getting accepted. Approximately 70% of all students that applied were admitted at Cumberland College, with 25% of those accepted choosing to enroll. More information from the admissions office can be found here.
Tuition is approximately $20,000 for the year, though it may vary based on any number of circumstances. Students should visit the school's net price calculator to find what your personalized cost of attendance would be. Students attending Cumberland College may qualify for aid which is typically scholarships, grants, and loans.
The Cumberland College "Patriots" have a number of intercollegiate athletic programs through participation in the NAIA. Sports available:
- Baseball (NAIA Division I)
- Basketball (NAIA Division I)
- Track & Field (NAIA Division I)
- Football (NAIA Division I)
- Golf (NAIA Division I)
Contact information, academics information, areas of study offered, and much more can be accessed on school's website at http://www.ucumberlands.edu.
Admission Requirements & Details
The admissions information below may give an overview of the students Cumberland College accepts. The details may include application requirements and recommendations, as well as any college credits that may be transferred.
College Credits Accepted
- Dual Credits
- AP Course Credits
The total student enrollment at University of the Cumberlands is about 6,300, where graduate students make up roughly 7% of the student body.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Annual tuition estimates are between $21,000-$25,000 for both state residents and nonresidents
- Part time students pay in the range of $660 to $790 per unit
- On-campus housing and meals are estimated to cost around $9,600, the amount includes the serving of nineteen meals each week
- Some programs may have tuition rates that will remain the same as the first year for up to five years.
Financial Aid Details
The information below lists the financial aid types students are receiving. Also shown are the percent of students receiving aid and the average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||100%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||100%||$17,047|
|Receiving Student Loans||71%||$5,226|
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo help support students, University of the Cumberlands may provide services to students including:
- Distance learning
- Remedial courses
- Career path counseling
University of the Cumberlands has an overall graduation rate which is around 43%.
|Number of Year to Graduate||Percent of Entering Class|
|Students Graduating in 4 Years||24%|
|Graduating in 5 Years||16%|
|Graduating in 6 Years||3%|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Elementary and Secondary School Teacher Education Program (more info)
- * Accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (since 2014)
University of the Cumberlands is a Member of National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics (NAIA), with many of the sports being in the NAIA Division I classification. The most popular sports played are listed below:
- Baseball (Mid-South Conference)
- Basketball (Mid-South Conference)
- Track and Field (Mid-South Conference)
- Football (Mid-South Conference)
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by University of the Cumberlands by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Business and Marketing Studies
Communications and Journalism
Computer and Information Sciences
English Language and Literature
Foreign Languages and Literature
Health and Clinical Professions
Liberal Arts and Sciences
Mathematics and Statistics
Philosophy and Religious Studies
Public Administration and Social Services
Recreation and Fitness Studies
Security and Protective Services
Theology and Religious Vocations
Visual and Performing Arts
Other 4-Year Private Colleges
The list of schools below have been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to University of the Cumberlands.
- Tennessee Technological University in Cookeville, TN (83 miles away)
- The University of Virginia's College at Wise in Wise, VA (90 miles away)
- Morehead State University in Morehead, KY (111 miles away)
- Western Carolina University in Cullowhee, NC (112 miles away)
- Kentucky State University in Frankfort, KY (112 miles away)
See a list of all the colleges and universities by clicking on one of the links below:
- Visit the main Kentucky colleges & universities profile page
- See all private colleges in Kentucky
- See other Christian and Bible Colleges in Kentucky
Information displayed on this page has been obtained from Institution, State, and Federal data sources, including the US Dept. of Education's Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) Survey 2010-2016. Information should be solely used for informational purposes only and may not be accurate for the current year. Contact University of the Cumberlands for official up-to-date information.