Get more information about Washington University in St Louis by clicking links below:
Washington University in St Louis provides a variety of educational opportunities for students to assist them in their growth and development. The school is located in Saint Louis, Missouri and operated as a private institution. Washington University has a yearly student enrollment of around 14,000.
A list of some of the more popular programs offered are:
- Business And Marketing Studies
- Legal Professions And Studies
- Public Administration And Social Services
- Health And Clinical Professions
- Social Sciences
To be considered for admissions, students may be asked to complete an application, provide letters of recommendations, and submit test scores or other school records, which are then evaluated by the admissions office. Very common test scores among applicants admitted to this school are in the range of 32 - 34 for the ACT exam, or 1400 - 1540 for the SAT exam. Only 17 percent of applicants are accepted to the school due to the high volume of applicants and the intense competition for the limited enrollment spaces available.
Tuition is approximately $46,000 for the year, though it may vary based on different types of circumstances. Students should visit the school's price of attendance calculator to determine cost. The cost of on-campus housing is estimated to be $9,700 annually. Financial aid may be provided to students that meet the necessary requirements by way of grants or student loans.
Washington University in St Louis offers a variety of athletic programs overseen by the NCAA. Available sports offered may include:
- Baseball (NCAA Division III)
- Basketball (NCAA Division III)
- Track & Field (NCAA Division III)
- Football (NCAA Division III)
Students who wish to see more about this school can take a look at their website at http://www.wustl.edu.
Admission Requirements & Details
The admission details below may give an overview of the applicants Washington University in St Louis accepts. The details may include application requirements and recommendations, SAT/ACT scores of students that were accepted, as well as any AP college credits that may be transferred. This information can be used to get a better feeling of your chances of getting accepted to Washington University in St Louis.
Admission Requirements & Recommendations
- High School G.P.A. and School Records are Required
- High School Academic Ranking are Recommended
- Letters of Recommendation are Required
- SAT or ACT Test Scores are Required
- TOEFL for ESL Students are Required
College Credits Accepted
- AP Course Credits
Admissions Test Scores - SAT Exam, ACT Exam, etc...
SAT ® scores for students that were accepted Fall 2011
|Score Range (25th to 75th Percentile)|
|SAT ® Critical Reading||700 - 760|
|SAT ® Math||720 - 790|
|SAT ® Writing||700 - 770|
|SAT ® Total Score||2120 - 2320|
ACT ® scores for students that were accepted Fall 2011
|Score Range (25th to 75th Percentile)|
|ACT ® English||33 - 35|
|ACT ® Math||31 - 35|
|ACT ® Writing||8 - 10|
|ACT ® Composite Score||32 - 34|
Acceptance Rate Table - Chances of Getting Into Washington University
We have provided a table below which represents your chances of getting into Washington University.
|Granted Admissions||4,684 (16%)|
|Accepted Students That Enrolled||1,610 (34%)|
Total enrollment at Washington University in St Louis is around 14,000 students. The student body is made up of 52% undergraduate students and 48% graduate students.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Annual tuition is estimated to range between $43,000-$51,000 for both in-state and out-of-state students
- For part-time students, charges are between $1,800-$2,100 per unit
- May offer prepaid tuition rates, allowing tuition to be purchased at current rates for future enrollment.
Financial Aid Details
The information below lists the financial aid types students are receiving. Also shown are the percent of students receiving aid and the average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||56%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||48%||$24,060|
|Receiving Student Loans||24%||$5,947|
Note: The estimated default rate of students taking federal student loans in 2011 was around 3%.
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo support students and graduates, Washington University in St Louis may offer services including:
- Online course work available
- Night and weekend classes available
- Career path counseling
- Employing students to lower education costs
- Helping students find work after graduation
With a graduation rate of around 93%, Washington University in St Louis is among the most successful schools in the area.
|Number of Year to Graduate||Percent of Entering Class|
|Students Graduating in 4 Years||86%|
|Graduating in 5 Years||6%|
|Graduating in 6 Years||0.8%|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Law Program (more info)
- Occupational Therapy (OT) Program (more info)
- Physical Therapy (P.T.) Program (more info)
- Clinical Psychology (Ph.D.) Program
- Clinical Audiology (Au.D.) Program (more info)
- Medical (M.D.) Program (more info)
- Art and Design Program
Washington University in St Louis is a Member of National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), with many of the sports belonging to the NCAA Division III (with football) classification. The most popular sports played are listed below:
- Baseball (University Athletic Association)
- Basketball (University Athletic Association)
- Track and Field (University Athletic Association)
- Football (University Athletic Association)
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Washington University in St Louis by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Business and Marketing Studies
Communications and Journalism
Computer and Information Sciences
English Language and Literature
Ethnic Cultural and Gender Studies
Foreign Languages and Literature
Health and Clinical Professions
Legal Professions and Studies
Liberal Arts and Sciences
Mathematics and Statistics
Natural Resources and Conservation
Philosophy and Religious Studies
Public Administration and Social Services
Visual and Performing Arts
Other 4-Year Private Colleges
The list of schools below have been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Washington University in St Louis.
- University of Missouri - St Louis in Saint Louis, MO (2 miles away)
- Harris - Stowe State University in Saint Louis, MO (5 miles away)
- Southern Illinois University Edwardsville in Edwardsville, IL (20 miles away)
- University of Illinois at Springfield in Springfield, IL (83 miles away)
- Southern Illinois University Carbondale in Carbondale, IL (87 miles away)
See a list of all the colleges and universities by clicking on one of the links below: