Wentworth Institute of Technology
550 Huntington Ave, Boston, MA
College Video Tour
- FAFSA School Code: 002225
- Phone: (617) 989-4590
- School Homepage
- Phone: (617) 989-4000
- Admissions Page
Financial Aid Office
- Phone: (617) 989-4020
- Financial Aid Page
Wentworth Institute of Technology, a nonprofit private institution, offers a variety of program options, allowing students to choose which major is right for them. Located in Boston, MA, the campus offers an urban setting for students to study in. Around 3,800 students enroll at Wentworth Institute of Technology per year.
Areas of study offered at Wentworth Institute of Technology include but are not limited to:
- Business And Marketing Studies
- Engineering Technology
- Computer And Information Sciences
To be considered for admissions, students may be required to fill out an application, write a personal statement, and submit school transcripts, which are then studied by the admissions committee. Very common standardized test scores among students accepted to Wentworth Institute of Technology are within the range of 21 to 26 on the ACT, or 1430 to 1740 on the SAT exam. 61% of applicants are accepted to Wentworth Institute of Technology, of which 32% choose to enroll. More information regarding admissions can be found at wit.edu.
The cost of undergraduate tuition is nearly $28,000 per year. Tuition prices may change for any number of reasons, and as such students should visit the school's net price calculator to understand their cost of attendance. Students attending Wentworth Institute of Technology may qualify for aid which is generally grants and loans.
The Wentworth Institute of Technology Leopards participate in a number of athletic programs, within the NCAA. Athletic programs that are available may include:
- Baseball (NCAA Division III)
- Basketball (NCAA Division III)
- Golf (NCAA Division III)
- Ice Hockey (NCAA Division III)
- Lacrosse (NCAA Division III)
For a complete list of academic programs offered, enrollment information, financial aid details, and more, please take a look at the school's website at http://www.wit.edu.
Admission Requirements & Details
The information regarding admissions below may give an overview of the applicants Wentworth Institute of Technology accepts. The details may include application requirements and recommendations, SAT/ACT scores of students who were accepted, as well as any AP college credits that may be transferred. This information can be used to have a better understanding of your chances of getting accepted to Wentworth Institute of Technology.
Admission Requirements & Recommendations
- High School G.P.A. and School Records are Required
- Letters of Recommendation are Required
- SAT or ACT Test Scores are Required
- TOEFL for ESL Students are Required
College Credits Accepted
- Dual Credits
- AP Course Credits
Admissions Test Scores - SAT Exam, ACT Exam, etc...
SAT ® scores for students that were accepted Fall 2011
|Score Range (25th to 75th Percentile)|
|SAT ® Critical Reading||460 - 570|
|SAT ® Math||520 - 610|
|SAT ® Writing||450 - 560|
|SAT ® Total Score||1430 - 1740|
ACT ® scores for students that were accepted Fall 2011
|Score Range (25th to 75th Percentile)|
|ACT ® English||20 - 25|
|ACT ® Math||22 - 27|
|ACT ® Composite Score||21 - 26|
Acceptance Rate Table
The table below lists the chances of getting into Wentworth Institute of Technology.
|Granted Admissions||3,167 (61%)|
|Accepted Students That Enrolled||1,007 (32%)|
Wentworth Institute of Technology has a total student population of about 3,800. The enrollment breakdown by academic level is 3% enrolling as graduate students and 97% as undergraduate students.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Tuition is estimated to be around $28,000 per year for in-state and nonresident students
- For part-time students, charges are between $440-$530 per unit
- The estimated cost for on campus housing and meals is around $14,000
- May offer prepaid tuition rates, allowing tuition to be purchased at current rates for future enrollment.
Financial Aid Details
The information below lists the financial aid types students are receiving. Also shown are the percent of students receiving aid and the average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||97%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||95%||$9,662|
|Receiving Student Loans||88%||$5,322|
Note: The estimated default rate of students taking federal student loans in 2009 was around 4%.
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo support students and graduates, Wentworth Institute of Technology may provide services to students like:
- Night and weekend classes available
- Remedial courses
- Career path counseling
- Student employment
- Employment search assistance
Wentworth Institute of Technology has an overall graduation rate which is around 61%.
|Number of Year to Graduate||Percent of Entering Class|
|Students Graduating in 4 Years||42%|
|Graduating in 5 Years||15%|
|Graduating in 6 Years||3%|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Industrial Design Program (more info)
- * Accredited by the National Association of Schools of Art and Design, Commission on Accreditation (since 2005)
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Wentworth Institute of Technology by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (Ph.D.,M.D.,...)
- Architecture (B, M)
Business and Marketing Studies
- Construction Management (A, B)
- Business, Management, Marketing and Related Support Services (B)
- Operations Management (B)
- Mechanical Technology Technician (B)
- Civil Engineering Technology (B)
- Electrical and Communications Engineering Technology (B)
- Computer Engineering Technology (B)
- Engineering Technology (A)
- Architectural Engineering Technology (A, B)
- Surveying Technology (C)
- Electromechanical Engineering (B)
Computer and Information Sciences
Visual and Performing Arts
- Building Construction Technology (A)
- Building and Construction Site Management (A)
Natural Resources and Conservation
- Communications Technologies and Support Services