Texas A&M University - Texarkana
Also known as "A&M-Texarkana"
7101 University Ave., Texarkana, TX
- FAFSA School Code: 031703
- Phone: (903) 223-3000
- School Homepage
- Phone: (903) 223-3069
- Admissions Page
Financial Aid Office
- Phone: (903) 223-3060
- Financial Aid Page
Request more information about programs at Texas A&M University - Texarkana by clicking on the links below:
Texas A&M University - Texarkana, a public institution, offers a large number of program options, allowing students to choose which major is right for them. Located in Texarkana, Texas, the school offers an urban setting for students to study in. Texas A&M University - Texarkana has an annual student enrollment of approximately 2,000.
A list of some of the more popular programs offered are:
- Interdisciplinary Studies
- Business And Marketing Studies
The admissions process begins with the submission of an application, school records, and test scores, which are then reviewed by the admissions office. Either the ACT or SAT exam must be taken to apply to Texas A&M University - Texarkana. Scores within the range of 18 - 24 on the ACT or 798 - 990 on the SAT are required to greatly increase your chances for getting accepted. A&M-Texarkana has an acceptance rate of about 50% of which only 64% chose to attend. More information regarding admissions can be found here.
The tuition at Texas A&M University - Texarkana varies based on the state of residence of the student. In-state residents pay approximately $5,100 per year, while out-of-state residents are charged $13,000 per year. Some students at this school may be eligible for financial aid, which is typically provided as scholarships, grants, and loans.
Students may visit the Texas A&M University - Texarkana website to get a complete list of areas of study, programs, admissions information, and more.
Admission Requirements & Details
The admission details below may provide a better idea of the candidates Texas A&M University - Texarkana accepts. The details may include admissions application requirements and recommendations, SAT/ACT scores of students who were accepted, as well as any AP college credits that may be transferred. This information can be used to get a better feeling of your chances of getting accepted to Texas A&M University - Texarkana.
Admission Requirements & Recommendations
- High School G.P.A. and School Records are Recommended
- High School Academic Ranking are Recommended
- SAT or ACT Test Scores are Required
- TOEFL for ESL Students are Required
College Credits Accepted
- Dual Credits
- Life Experience Credits
- AP Course Credits
Admissions Test Scores - SAT Exam, ACT Exam, etc...
ACT ® scores for students that were accepted Fall 2011
|Score Range (25th to 75th Percentile)|
|ACT ® English||17 - 24|
|ACT ® Math||17 - 24|
|ACT ® Composite Score||18 - 24|
Acceptance Rate Table - Chances of Getting Into A&M-Texarkana
The chances of getting accepted into A&M-Texarkana can be seen in the table below.
|Granted Admissions||323 (50%)|
|Accepted Students That Enrolled||207 (64%)|
Total enrollment at Texas A&M University - Texarkana is around 2,000 students, with undergraduate students making up about 65% of the total student population and graduate students making up the rest.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The average "out of pocket" cost of attendance, after any grants and scholarships are considered, is around $1,900. To calculate a more personalized cost visit the net price calculator. The figures listed below are for informational purposes only and do not represent current or future tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Tuition estimates per year:
- State Residents: $4,200-$5,100
- Out-of-State: $13,000-$15,200
- Charges per unit:
- In-State: $160-$190 per unit
- Out-of-State: $510-$610 per unit
- The estimated cost for room and board is around $9,400, which includes seventeen meals provided per week
Financial Aid Details
The table listed below helps break down the types of financial aid students receive and the percent receiving aid, as well as the average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||76%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||73%||$7,332|
|Receiving Student Loans||14%||$4,631|
Note: The estimated default rate of students taking federal student loans in 2009 was around 8%.
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo support students and graduates, Texas A&M University - Texarkana may provide services to students like:
- Online course work available
- Weekend and night classes available
- Remedial instructional courses
- Counseling assistance
- Student employment
- Assistance to find work
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (BSN) Program (more info)
- * Accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (since 2003)
- Nursing (MSN, DSN) Program (more info)
- * Accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (since 2010)
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Texas A&M University - Texarkana by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (Ph.D.,M.D.,...)
- Interdisciplinary Studies (B, M)
Business and Marketing Studies
- Business Administration (B, M)
- Accounting (B, M)
- Commerce (B)
- Information Systems (B)
- Advertising and Marketing (B)
- Finance (B)
- Human Resources
- International Business
- Educational Leadership and Administration (M)
- Curriculum and Instruction (M)
- Educational and Instructional Media Design (M)
- Education (M)
- Adult and Continuing Education (M)
- Special Education (M)
Health and Clinical Professions
- Nursing (B)
- Nursing Education (M)
- Nursing Administration (M)
Mathematics and Statistics
- Math (B)
Liberal Arts and Sciences
- General Studies (B)
English Language and Literature
- English (B, M)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Biology (B)
Security and Protective Services
- Criminal Justice (B)
- History (B, M)
Communications and Journalism
- Media Studies (B)
Computer and Information Sciences
- Computer (B)
Other 4-Year Public Colleges Nearby
The list of nearby schools has been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Texas A&M University - Texarkana.
- Louisiana State University - Shreveport in Shreveport, LA (73 miles away)
- Henderson State University in Arkadelphia, AR (75 miles away)
- The University of Texas at Tyler in Tyler, TX (103 miles away)
- Southeastern Oklahoma State University in Durant, OK (138 miles away)
- East Central University in Ada, OK (174 miles away)
Also, you can compare schools by looking through our list of colleges & universities: