Get more information about University of Northern Colorado by clicking links below:
UNC is a public institution located in Greeley, CO and provides a large number of educational opportunities for students. Approximately 13,000 students are enrolled annually at University of Northern Colorado.
Areas of study available at UNC include:
- Interdisciplinary Studies
- Business And Marketing Studies
- Health And Clinical Professions
- Recreation And Fitness Studies
The admissions process will include the submission of an application, transcripts, records, and test scores, which are then reviewed by admissions staff. Students may take either the SAT or ACT scores to be considered for admissions at UNC. A score in a range of 940 to 1170 on the SAT, or 19 to 25 for the ACT is usually submitted among admitted students. An estimated 70 percent of all applicant were admitted at University of Northern Colorado, with 38 percent of those accepted choosing to enroll. More information regarding admissions can be found here.
Tuition & fees at UNC vary for in-state and nonresidents. In-state tuition costs around $7,300 per year, while out-of-state tuition costing $20,000 for the year. Housing may be available for students that want to live on-campus for around a cost of $5,000 annually. Financial aid may be provided to students that meet the required requirements.
The mascot for University of Northern Colorado is the "Bears", and they participate in intercollegiate athletics through the NCAA. Athletic programs that are available include:
- Baseball (NCAA Division I-AA)
- Basketball (NCAA Division I-AA)
- Track & Field (NCAA Division I-AA)
Contact information, tuition information, areas of study, and more may be accessed on school's website at http://www.unco.edu.
Admission Requirements & Details
The information regarding admissions below may provide a better idea of the candidates University of Northern Colorado accepts. The details may include admissions application requirements and recommendations, as well as any AP or college credits that may be transferred.
College Credits Accepted
- Dual Credits
- AP Course Credits
Total enrollment at University of Northern Colorado is around 14,000 students, with undergraduate students making up about 76% of the total student population and graduate students making up the rest.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The average "out of pocket" cost of attendance, after any grants and scholarships are considered, is around $12,900. In order to calculate a more accurate and detailed cost of attendance check out their cost calculator here. There is also a $45 application fee for those applying to a program. The figures listed below are for informational purposes only and do not represent current or future tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Annual tuition range estimates:
- In-State Tuition: $6,400-$7,600
- Nonresident Student Tuition: $18,000-$21,550
- Part-time students are charged:
- State Residents: $250-$300 per credit unit
- Nonresidents: $710-$860 per credit unit
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||91%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||78%||$5,564|
|Receiving Student Loans||65%||$5,712|
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo help students and recent graduates, University of Northern Colorado may offer student services like:
- Online course work available
- Remedial instructional courses
- Academic counseling for students
- Work study style employment
- Assistance to find work
The overall graduation rate of University of Northern Colorado is close to 46%.
|Number of Year to Graduate||Percent of Entering Class|
|Students Graduating in 4 Years||27%|
|Graduating in 5 Years||16%|
|Graduating in 6 Years||4%|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Art and Design Program
- Clinical Audiology (Au.D.) Program (more info)
- Counseling Psychology (Ph.D.) Program
- Dietetics Program (more info)
- English Language Program (more info)
- Music Program (more info)
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (BSN) Program (more info)
- Nursing (MSN, DSN) Program (more info)
- Master's in Public Health (M.P.H.) Program
- School Psychology (Ph.D.) Program (more info)
- Speech-Language Pathology Program (more info)
- Elementary and Secondary School Teacher Education Program (more info)
- Theatre Program
University of Northern Colorado is a Member of National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), with many of the sports belonging to the NCAA Division I-AA classification. The most popular sports played are listed below:
- Baseball (362)
- Basketball (Big Sky Conference)
- Track and Field (Big Sky Conference)
- Football (Big Sky Conference)
- Swimming and Diving
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by University of Northern Colorado by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Business and Marketing Studies
Communications and Journalism
English Language and Literature
Ethnic Cultural and Gender Studies
Family and Consumer Sciences
Foreign Languages and Literature
Health and Clinical Professions
Mathematics and Statistics
Philosophy and Religious Studies
Recreation and Fitness Studies
Security and Protective Services
Visual and Performing Arts
Other 4-Year Public Colleges
The list of schools below have been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to University of Northern Colorado.
- University of Colorado Denver in Denver, CO (48 miles away)
- Metropolitan State College of Denver in Denver, CO (49 miles away)
- United States Air Force Academy in USAFA, CO (97 miles away)
- University of Colorado at Colorado Springs in Colorado Springs, CO (104 miles away)
- Colorado State University - Pueblo in Pueblo, CO (145 miles away)
Also, you can compare schools by looking through our list of colleges & universities: