Get more information about University of Wisconsin – Oshkosh by clicking links below:
University of Wisconsin - Oshkosh is a public institution located in Oshkosh, Wisconsin and provides a large number of degree programs for students. Enrollment at OW Oshkosh is nearly 14,000 annually.
Here is a list of some of the popular programs OW Oshkosh offers:
- Health And Clinical Professions
- Biological And Biomedical Sciences
- Liberal Arts And Sciences
- Business And Marketing Studies
The admissions process will begin with the submission of an application, transcripts, records, and test scores, which are then evaluated by the admissions committee. The majority of students at OW Oshkosh scored between 20 - 24 on the ACT exam. This school has an admissions rate of 84% of which only 45% chose to enroll. More information on admissions can be found here.
Tuition & fees at this school are different for in-state and out-of-state residents. In-state tuition costs around $7,700 per year and out-of-state tuition costing $16,000 per year. Housing may be available for those that would like to live on-campus for a cost of $4,000 per year. Some students at University of Wisconsin - Oshkosh may qualify for financial aid, which is generally offered as scholarships, grants, and loans.
The mascot for University of Wisconsin - Oshkosh is the "Titans", and they participate in intercollegiate athletic programs through the NCAA. Athletic programs available may include the following:
- Baseball (NCAA Division III)
- Basketball (NCAA Division III)
- Track & Field (NCAA Division III)
Contact information, admission forms, areas of study, and much more can be accessed on school's website at http://www.uwosh.edu.
Admission Requirements & Details
The information regarding admissions below may provide a better idea of the candidates OW Oshkosh accepts. The details may include application requirements and recommendations, SAT/ACT scores of students that were accepted, as well as any AP credits that may be transferred. This information can be used to have a better understanding of your chances of getting accepted to OW Oshkosh.
Admission Requirements & Recommendations
- High School G.P.A. and School Records are Required
- High School Academic Ranking are Required
- SAT or ACT Test Scores are Required
- TOEFL for ESL Students are Required
College Credits Accepted
- Dual Credits
- AP Course Credits
Admissions Test Scores - SAT Exam, ACT Exam, etc...
ACT ® scores for students that were accepted Fall 2012
|Score Range (25th to 75th Percentile)|
|ACT ® English||19 - 24|
|ACT ® Math||19 - 25|
|ACT ® Composite Score||20 - 24|
Acceptance Rate Table - Chances of Getting Into OW Oshkosh
The table below lists the chances of getting accepted into OW Oshkosh.
|Granted Admissions||4,162 (81%)|
|Accepted Students That Enrolled||1,841 (44%)|
The total student enrollment at University of Wisconsin – Oshkosh is about 15,000. The enrollment breakdown by academic level is 8% enrolling as graduate students and 92% as undergraduate students.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The average "out of pocket" cost of attendance, after any grants and scholarships are considered, is around $10,500. To calculate a more personalized cost visit the net price calculator. There is also a $44 application fee for students applying to the school. The figures listed below are for informational purposes only and do not represent current or future tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Tuition estimates per year:
- State Residents: $6,400-$7,700
- Out-of-State: $14,000-$16,790
- Part-time students are charged:
- State Residents: $270-$320 per credit unit
- Nonresidents: $580-$700 per credit unit
Financial Aid Details
The information below lists the financial aid types students are receiving. Also shown are the percent of students receiving aid and the average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||83%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||49%||$4,259|
|Receiving Student Loans||70%||$5,651|
Note: The estimated default rate of students taking federal student loans in 2012 was around 4.0%.
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo help students and recent graduates, University of Wisconsin – Oshkosh may provide services to students like those listed below:
- Distance learning
- Remedial instructional courses
- Counseling assistance
- Student employment
- Helping students find work after graduation
- Day care for children
The overall graduation rate of University of Wisconsin – Oshkosh is around 54%.
|Number of Year to Graduate||Percent of Entering Class|
|Students Graduating in 4 Years||17%|
|Graduating in 5 Years||28%|
|Graduating in 6 Years||8%|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Music Program (more info)
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (BSN) Program (more info)
- Nursing (MSN, DSN) Program (more info)
- Elementary and Secondary School Teacher Education Program (more info)
OW Oshkosh is a Member of National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), with many of the sports belonging to the NCAA Division III (with football) classification. The most popular sports played are listed below:
- Baseball (Wisconsin Intercollegiate Ath Conf)
- Basketball (Wisconsin Intercollegiate Ath Conf)
- Track and Field (Wisconsin Intercollegiate Ath Conf)
- Football (Wisconsin Intercollegiate Ath Conf)
- Swimming and Diving
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by University of Wisconsin – Oshkosh by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Business and Marketing Studies
Communications and Journalism
Computer and Information Sciences
English Language and Literature
Ethnic Cultural and Gender Studies
Foreign Languages and Literature
Health and Clinical Professions
Liberal Arts and Sciences
Mathematics and Statistics
Natural Resources and Conservation
Philosophy and Religious Studies
Public Administration and Social Services
Recreation and Fitness Studies
Security and Protective Services
Visual and Performing Arts
Other 4-Year Public Colleges
The list of schools below have been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to University of Wisconsin – Oshkosh.
- University of Wisconsin - Green Bay in Green Bay, WI (47 miles away)
- University of Wisconsin - Stevens Point in Stevens Point, WI (61 miles away)
- University of Wisconsin - Milwaukee in Milwaukee, WI (74 miles away)
- University of Wisconsin - Whitewater in Whitewater, WI (83 miles away)
- University of Wisconsin - Parkside in Kenosha, WI (101 miles away)
See a list of all the colleges and universities by clicking on one of the links below: