ABSW, located in Berkeley, California, is an American Baptist affiliated school that gives individuals an excellent educational experience, including religious leadership training through its seminary. This school is known for offering students master's and doctorate degree in Ministry, with about fifty individuals graduating in the past several years.
Students applying for admission are usually required to submit an application, school records, as well as any requested personal statements, which will then be reviewed by the admissions staff.
ABSW also provides student services such as flexible scheduling for those with difficult working schedules and career guidance & assistance for students in need of help.
The cost of this school's tuition is approximately $16,000 each year for the graduate level programs offered. Tuition costs may change for any number of reasons, and that is why students should visit the school's tuition calculator to understand their individualized cost of attendance. Living quarters are available and the cost is about $9,900 for the year. Students enrolled at American Baptist Seminary of the West may qualify for assistance which is generally in the form of grants and loans.
American Baptist Seminary of the West has been accredited by the Commission on Accrediting of the Association of Theological Schools since 1938. For information and consumer disclosures, please visit school's website.
The program list below was created by historical graduation information reported by the school. This list may not represent the current curriculum offered. Visit the school's website to get more information about programs offered.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Ministry (D, M)
Theology (D, M)
*Amounts for tuition, fees, and supplies are an estimate which are calculated based on historical data and should be solely used for informational purposes only.
**Repayment rates, earnings, and loan payments are estimated to provide a comparative context. For more detailed information individuals are asked to contact the school.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Note: Financial aid is only available for those who qualify, check with the school for details.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Annual tuition estimates are between $18,000-$21,000 for graduate students
- The estimated tuition for part time students is around $680 to $810 per credit hour
- Required fees for graduate students are around $560
Other Theological Schools & Seminaries Nearby
The list of nearby schools has been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to American Baptist Seminary of the West.
- Church Divinity School of the Pacific in Berkeley, CA (0.8 miles away)
- Pacific School of Religion in Berkeley, CA (0.8 miles away)
- Franciscan School of Theology in Oceanside, CA (0.8 miles away)
- Starr King School for Ministry in Berkeley, CA (0.9 miles away)
- Dominican School of Philosophy & Theology in Berkeley, CA (1 miles away)
- Pacific Lutheran Theological Seminary in Berkeley, CA (2 miles away)
- SUM Bible College and Theological Seminary in Oakland, CA (10 miles away)
- San Francisco Theological Seminary in San Anselmo, CA (18 miles away)