American Baptist Seminary of the West (ABSW)
2606 Dwight Way, Berkeley, CA
- FAFSA School Code: 001120
- Phone: (510) 841-1905
- School Homepage
- Phone: (510) 841-1905 x246
- Admissions Page
Financial Aid Office
- Phone: (510) 841-1905 x237
- Financial Aid Page
ABSW, located in Berkeley, California, is an American Baptist affiliated school that gives individuals an excellent educational experience, including religious leadership training through its seminary. This school is known for offering students master's and doctorate degree in Ministry, with about fifty individuals graduating in the past several years.
Students applying for admission are usually required to submit an application, school records, as well as any requested personal statements, which will then be reviewed by the admissions staff.
ABSW also provides student services such as flexible scheduling for those with difficult working schedules and career guidance & assistance for students in need of help.
The cost of this school's tuition is approximately $16,000 each year for the graduate level programs offered. Tuition costs may change for any number of reasons, and that is why students should visit the school's tuition calculator to understand their individualized cost of attendance. Living quarters are available and the cost is about $9,900 for the year. Students enrolled at American Baptist Seminary of the West may qualify for assistance which is generally in the form of grants and loans.
American Baptist Seminary of the West has been accredited by the Commission on Accrediting of the Association of Theological Schools since 1938. For information and consumer disclosures, please visit school's website.
The program list below was created by historical graduation information reported by the school. This list may not represent the current curriculum offered. Visit the school's website to get more information about programs offered.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (Ph.D.,M.D.,...)
- Ministry (D, M)
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Note: Financial aid is only available for those who qualify, check with the school for details.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Annual tuition for graduate students is estimated to range between $16,000-$19,000
- The estimated tuition for part time students is around $620 to $750 per credit hour
- Required fees for graduate students are around $580
Note: The estimated default rate of students taking federal student loans in 2009 was around 3%.
Other Theological Schools & Seminaries Nearby
The list of nearby schools has been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to American Baptist Seminary of the West.
- Church Divinity School of the Pacific in Berkeley, CA (0.8 miles away)
- Pacific School of Religion in Berkeley, CA (0.8 miles away)
- Franciscan School of Theology in Berkeley, CA (0.8 miles away)
- Starr King School for Ministry in Berkeley, CA (0.9 miles away)
- Dominican School of Philosophy & Theology in Berkeley, CA (1 miles away)
- Pacific Lutheran Theological Seminary in Berkeley, CA (2 miles away)
- San Francisco Theological Seminary in San Anselmo, CA (18 miles away)