The Institute of Allied Medical Professions is a career-oriented institution that believes the basic purpose of education is to prepare one for the highest degree of self-realization through quality education and training necessary to face the complexities of today's work environment. The ultimate goal of the institution lies in its responsibility, to both the students and the community, to provide educational opportunities through short-term curricula in programs designed to prepare a student for immediate employment in a chosen field of study upon graduation.
Accreditation and Approvals
- Connecticut Department of Education, Office of Financial & Academic Affairs for Higher Education
- Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES)
- American Council on Education (ACE)
The list below shows all the programs that may be offered at Institute of Allied Medical Professions – New York. Actual programs may differ from the list below, to see a full list of programs offered please visit the school's website or by phone at (212) 847-7490.
Ultrasound Technician (1,687 Hours)
The ultrasound technician program takes about fourteen months for most students to complete.
- Tuition (including any fees) estimate is $29,000*
- Required supplies and books: $1,270*
- On average, $19,100 in student loans are owed upon completion of this program**
- Based on published reports, around 80 students completed the ultrasound technician program last year
- Students usually complete the ultrasound technician program in 14 months
Learn more and see other schools listed by visiting our ultrasound technician schools page.
*Amounts for tuition, fees, and supplies are an estimate which are calculated based on historical data and should be solely used for informational purposes only.
**Repayment rates and student loan balances are estimates and should be treated as informational tools only, contact the school for official information.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Note: Financial aid is only available for those who qualify, check with the school for details.
Tuition & Fees Information
Alternate Tuition Plan Options Available
- Some programs may have tuition rates that will remain the same as the first year for up to five years.
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||100%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||100%||$2,555|
|Receiving Student Loans||100%||$9,932|
Note: The estimated default rate of students taking federal student loans in 2011 was around 11%.
Other Healthcare or Nursing Schools
The list of nearby schools has been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Institute of Allied Medical Professions – New York.
- New York Medical Career Training Center in Flushing, NY (3 miles away)
- Eastern International College - Jersey City in Jersey City, NJ (10 miles away)
- Eastern International College - Belleville in Belleville, NJ (15 miles away)
- Muhlenberg Harold B. & Dorothy A. Snyder Schools - School of Imaging in Plainfield, NJ (29 miles away)
- St. James Mercy Hospital School of Radiological Science in Hornell, NY (224 miles away)