Institute of Medical Education
130 Almaden Blvd, San Jose, CA
- FAFSA School Code: 041323
- Phone: (408) 534-0714 x112
- School Homepage
The Institute of Medical Education (IMED) offers vocational training for Licensed Practical Nursing (LPN) candidates as well as courses in other health-related fields including medical assisting, phlebotomy, MRI and Ultrasound technology, and dental hygiene. The LPN program here is called a Licensed Vocational Nursing program since that is the designation used in Texas and California while the rest of the US uses LPN. The training is a 15 month daytime program consisting of 606 total hours in the classroom and 972 total hours in laboratory and clinical experiences. IMED has campuses in Oakland and San Jose California.
This program has multiple prerequisites for admission, including:
- High School Diploma or GED and a minimum 17 years of age
- Healthcare CPR Certification
- Successful completion of the IME entrance exam
- Interview with the LVN Director
- Coursework in Anatomy and Physiology, Psychology, Nutrition, Growth and Development, and Pharmacology
Candidates without credit in the prerequisite coursework can fulfill these requirements with courses taken at IMED. All LPN candidates must successfully pass a licensing examination upon completion of their coursework and IMED offers a NCLEX-PN (National Council Licensure Examination-Practical Nurse) preview course lasting two weeks.
The school’s pragmatic approach can be seen in the statistics quoted on their website about LPN careers and average salaries. The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics claims job growth in health fields will exceed other areas due to an aging population, with total growth of 21% between 2008 and 2018. Potential candidates should be interested to learn that the website salary.com estimates the median annual salary for Licensed Vocational Nurses in San Jose, California is $49,590 and $46,896 in Oakland.
The program list below was created by historical graduation information reported by the school. This list may not represent the current curriculum offered. Visit the school's website to get more information about programs offered.
Learn more about programs available at Institute of Medical Education by clicking on the request information button.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (Ph.D.,M.D.,...)
- Nursing (C)
- Phlebotomy (C)
- Radiologic Technology (C)
- Nursing Assistant (C)
- Ultrasound Technician (C)
- Medical Assistant (C)
- Clinical Laboratory Technician (C)
Other Healthcare or Nursing Schools Nearby
The list of nearby schools has been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Institute of Medical Education.
- Unitek College in Fremont, CA (13 miles away)
- Gurnick Academy of Medical Arts in San Mateo, CA (27 miles away)
- Cambridge Junior College - Woodland in Woodland, CA (93 miles away)
- Central California School in San Luis Obispo, CA (159 miles away)
- Carrington College - Reno in Reno, NV (186 miles away)
IPEDS Survey 2008-2011: Data obtained from the US Dept. of Education's Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS). Data may vary depending on school and academic year.