List of Private Universities & Colleges in Oklahoma
Private universities can be found throughout the state of Oklahoma, and can vary greatly in size and enrollment. Most private institutions tend to specialize in specific areas of study, and tend to have higher tuition costs due to a lack of public funding. The level of education offered by private institutions varies from institution to institution, with some schools offering the full range of degree levels, while others may focus specifically on undergraduate or graduate level studies. Private schools tend to have more individualized education options, but may only have a few, if any, research program options in place.
List of Large 4-Year Private Universities in Oklahoma
There are 6 large private universities in our database for Oklahoma. Follow the links below to get more details about each school.
Large Universities with Research Facilities or Faculty
The universities listed below offer many diverse academic programs, have a large student body, and usually have research facilities or faculty involved with research. These schools very often have graduate and professional programs as well.
University of Tulsa (Tulsa University) in Tulsa, OK
Visit the website for University of Tulsa at utulsa.edu
- 1,000 to 4,999 Undergraduate Students Enrolled
- Estimated tuition & fees: $38,000 per year
Large Primarily Academic Universities
Each university listed below offers a diverse set of degrees and programs, unlike the research universities listed above, these schools contain little to no research activity on campus and are primarily academic.
- Mid - America Christian University (Gulf Coast Bible College) in Oklahoma City, OK
- Oklahoma Christian University (OC) in Edmond, OK
- Oklahoma City University (OCU) in Oklahoma City, OK
- Oral Roberts University (ORU) in Tulsa, OK
- Southern Nazarene University (SNU) in Bethany, OK
Small to Medium Sized 4-Year Universities
The 4-year schools listed below have a small to medium sized student body and may offer a wide range of associate and bachelor's degrees. Get more information about each school by clicking the links below.
- in Oklahoma City, OK
- Bacone College in Muskogee, OK
- ITT Technical Institute in Tulsa, OK
- Oklahoma Baptist University in Shawnee, OK
- Oklahoma Wesleyan University (OKWU or OWU) in Bartlesville, OK
- Saint Gregorys University in Shawnee, OK
- Southwestern Christian University (SCU) in Bethany, OK
4-Year Colleges with a Special Focus on an Area of Study
The schools below are grouped by their special area of focus. To learn about admissions, tuition & fees, programs offered, and more click on the school names below.
- Spartan College of Aeronautics and Technology in Tulsa, OK
Notes: Tuition & fee amounts are for both Oklahoma in-state residents and out of state students, unless noted otherwise. The tuition information displayed is an estimate, which we calculated based on historical data and should be solely used for informational purposes only. Please contact the respective school for information about the current school year.
Source: IPEDS Survey 2008-2014: Data obtained from the US Dept. of Education's Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS). Data may vary depending on school and academic year.