Daytona College, located in Ormond Beach, Florida, began operation in 1996 as the Daytona Institute of Massage Therapy. Initially the school only offered massage therapy programs, but upon receiving accreditation and degree granting status, expanded its offerings to include beauty, allied health and business programs. The college places emphasis on faculty involvement in the lives of students, offering mentoring and advisory services.
The school provides programs in a variety of fields, and upon graduation provides assistance in job placement. The programs provide the skills and knowledge necessary for an individual to accomplish tasks and duties professionally at the entry level. The school places an importance on practical training and experience, providing opportunities to develop the skills one is being trained for prior to employment. Programs will result in a diploma, certificate or degree depending on the area of study.
Programs offered include:
Admissions and Financial Aid
Admission to Daytona College requires students to contact an admissions representative and visit the campus. Students must have a high school diploma or equivalent and must be 18 years of age or older. Students meeting the above requirements will submit an application along with the application fee. Financial aid is available to students in the form of grants, loans, scholarships and work study programs. Interested individuals should complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) to determine eligibility and determine awards.
The following is a list of programs offered at Daytona College. Available programs may be different than those listed. For a detailed list of programs available you can visit the school's website or call the school at (386) 267-0565.
The medical assistant programs listed below are broken down by the number of contact hours offered.
48 Credit Hours
- Estimated tuition and fees: $14,000 per year*
- Cost of books or supplies needed: $1,100*
- Takes about 10 months to complete
720 Contact Hours
- Estimated tuition and fees: $29,000 per year*
- Cost of books or supplies needed: $1,900*
- Takes about 10 months to complete
Medical Insurance Coding (55 Hours)
The medical insurance coding program offered most often takes about ten months to complete.
- Tuition costs are estimated to be $14,000*
- The estimated cost of books or supplies required is $1,330*
- Around 60 students completed the medical insurance coding program last year
- The length of the medical insurance coding program is about 10 months
Learn more about medical insurance coding programs by taking a look at our medical insurance coding courses profile page, which also includes career information.
Massage Therapy (51 Hours)
Massage therapy program takes approximately ten months to complete.
- Tuition costs are estimated to be $10,000*
- Required supplies and books: $1,430*
- Last year, more than 20 students completed this program
- Students usually complete the massage therapy program in 10 months
Get more details and discover other schools listed by checking out our massage therapy schools information page.
Personal Grooming Arts (1,500 Hours)
The personal grooming arts program takes about thirteen months for most students to complete.
- Tuition costs are estimated to be $13,000*
- Cost of required books or supplies: $3,900*
- Takes about 13 months to complete
Esthetician (51 Hours)
The esthetician program offered most often takes about eight months to complete.
- Tuition costs are estimated to be $11,000*
- The estimated cost of books or supplies required is $2,120*
- Around 10 students completed the esthetician program last year
- The length of the esthetician program is about 8 months
More details and school listings are available through our esthetician schools profile page.
*Amounts for tuition, fees, and supplies are an estimate which are calculated based on historical data and should be solely used for informational purposes only.
**Repayment rates, earnings, and loan payments are estimates and should be treated as informational tools only, contact the school for official information.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Note: Financial aid is only available for those who qualify, check with the school for details.
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||96%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||96%||$3,621|
|Receiving Student Loans||91%||$4,306|
Other Career Colleges
The list of nearby schools has been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Daytona College.
- City College - Altamonte Springs in Altamonte Springs, FL (47 miles away)
- Southeastern College - Jacksonville in Jacksonville, FL (72 miles away)
- Everest University - Jacksonville in Jacksonville, FL (72 miles away)
- Everest University - Lakeland in Lakeland, FL (99 miles away)
- Remington College - Tampa Campus in Tampa, FL (118 miles away)