Gem City College is a less than two-year career college dedicated to offering a solid education for students in Quincy and surrounding areas. Over 110 students have attended and received a degree in the last few years according to annual released graduation information with a graduation rate of more than 55%. Gem City College offers several programs to choose from. Some of the more popular programs being offered:
- Watchmaking and Jewelrymaking
- Data Entry Technology
To help students and alumni succeed, Gem City College may offer support services including:
- Career path counseling
- Helping students find work after graduation
The last reported accreditation for this school was done by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools. Please visit gemcitycollege.com for more information on programs offered and consumer disclosures.
The following is a list of programs offered at Gem City College. Acutal programs offered may be different than the list of programs below.. For a complete list of programs available please visit the school's website or call the school at (217) 222-0391.
Get more information about the programs offered by Gem City College by clicking the request information to the right.
Cosmetology (1,500 Hours)
The cosmetology program offered usually takes about ten months to complete.
- Tuition costs are estimated to be $16,000*
- Required supplies and books: $1,480*
- Based on published reports, around 10 students completed the cosmetology program last year
- Students usually complete the cosmetology program in 10 months
Take a look at our cosmetology schools profile page to obtain a complete overview and school listings that may help you match the right school..
Watchmaking and Jewelry-Making
The watchmaking and jewelry-making programs that are listed below are sorted by the number of contact hours offered.
1,260 Contact Hours
- Estimated tuition and fees: $23,000 per year*
- Cost of required supplies: $4,200*
- Takes about 15 months to complete
420 Contact Hours
- Estimated tuition and fees: $7,000 per year*
- Cost of required supplies: $1,800*
- Takes about 5 months to complete
600 Contact Hours
- Estimated tuition and fees: $9,000 per year*
- Cost of required supplies: $600*
- Takes about 6 months to complete
900 Contact Hours
- Estimated tuition and fees: $14,000 per year*
- Cost of required supplies: $3,600*
- Takes about 9 months to complete
Cosmetology, Barber and Nail Instructor (1,000 Hours)
The cosmetology, barber and nail instructor program takes about six months for most students to complete.
- Tuition costs are estimated to be $10,000*
- Required supplies and books: $290*
- Students usually complete the cosmetology, barber and nail instructor program in 6 months
*Amounts for tuition, fees, and supplies are an estimate which are calculated based on historical data and should be solely used for informational purposes only.
**Repayment rates, earnings, and loan payments are estimates and should be treated as informational tools only, contact the school for official information.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Note: Financial aid is only available for those who qualify, check with the school for details.
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||89%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||53%||$3,952|
|Receiving Student Loans||79%||$6,327|