Johnson College operates as a two-year private career school dedicated to offering a sound education for students in Scranton and surrounding areas. Students can choose from several areas of study, including:
- Construction Trades
- Engineering Technology
- Health and Clinical Professions
- Mechanic and Repair Technology
Based on recent program completion reports gathered, over 170 students were awarded degrees with more than 67% of those who start the program continue it to completion. Johnson College offers at least ten different programs available, and it awards degrees up to an Associates degree. Listed below are the programs with more popularity among students:
- Electrical and Power Transmission Installers
- Electrical and Communications Engineering Technology
- Veterinary Assistant
- Radiologic Technology
- Biomedical Technology
To support students and graduates, Johnson College may provide student services like:
- Classes offered on nights and weekends
- Remedial instructional courses
- Counseling assistance
- Work study style employment
- Helping students find work after graduation
This school has been accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges since 1979. Please visit johnson.edu for more information on programs offered and consumer disclosures.
Below is a list of areas of study that may be available for students. Any linked program will direct you to the respective program's profile page which provides general educational requirements and possible career paths.
Get more information about the programs offered by Johnson College by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Business and Marketing Studies
Computer and Information Sciences
Health and Clinical Professions
Mechanic and Repair Technology
*Amounts for tuition, fees, and supplies are an estimate which are calculated based on historical data and should be solely used for informational purposes only.
**Repayment rates, earnings, and loan payments are estimates and should be treated as informational tools only, contact the school for official information.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The overall cost students will pay at this school is approximately - after scholarships, grants and other forms of aid are taken into consideration. In order to calculate a more accurate and detailed cost of attendance check out their cost calculator here. There may be an application fee required, please check with this school for more information. Financial aid information may be obtained by contacting the financial aid office at (570) 342-6404 x126. The financial figures shown on this page provide information regarding costs and fees at this school, these numbers may change in a given year due to a variety of factors.
Note: Financial aid is only available for those who qualify, check with the school for details.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Tuition is estimated to be around $18,000 per year
- The estimated tuition for part time students is around $510 to $610 per credit hour
- Required fees for full-time students: $1,400
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||82%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||66%||$6,888|
|Receiving Student Loans||73%||$8,559|
Other Career Colleges
The list of nearby schools has been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Johnson College.
- Triangle Tech Inc - Bethlehem in Bethlehem, PA (56 miles away)
- Welder Training and Testing Institute in Allentown, PA (58 miles away)
- Triangle Tech Inc - Sunbury in Sunbury, PA (71 miles away)
- Lincoln Tech - Mahwah in Mahwah, NJ (81 miles away)
- Lincoln Tech - Union in Union, NJ (88 miles away)