South College operates as a 4-year private career school that provides high quality education and training for its students in Knoxville and surrounding areas. Students can pick from several areas of study, including:
- Health and Clinical Professions
- Business and Marketing Studies
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Legal Professions and Studies
- Security and Protective Services
- Computer and Information Sciences
Over 630 students have completed their training in the last few years based on published graduation information with a graduation rate of more than 20%. More than twenty different programs are offered at South College, with a Master's degree being the highest level offered. Listed below are the programs with more popularity among students:
- Physician Assistant
- Elementary Education
- Radiologic Technology
- Physical Therapist Assistant
- Medical Assistant
To help support students, South College may provide some services to students like:
- Online classes
- Weekend and night classes available
- Career path counseling
- Student employment
- Helping students find work after graduation
The last reported accreditation for South College was done by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, Commission on Colleges. To read more and get consumer disclosures, you can visit southcollegetn.edu.
The following is a list of areas of study available at South College. Programs that have a link will take you to the program's profile page where education requirements, career pathways, and other information is available.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Business and Marketing Studies
Health and Clinical Professions
Legal Professions and Studies
Security and Protective Services
*Amounts for tuition, fees, and supplies are an estimate which are calculated based on historical data and should be solely used for informational purposes only.
**Repayment rates, earnings, and loan payments are estimated to provide a comparative context. For more detailed information individuals are asked to contact the school.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
Once scholarships, grants and other forms of aid are calculated, the expected average cost for students at South College is -. To calculate a more accurate and detailed cost of attendance check out their cost calculator here. A fee of $50 is required from all applicants. The tuition and financial aid figures listed show various costs that students may encounter at this school. The numbers may not be accurate due to changing factors in a given year, and are only intended to provide a guideline for students.
Note: Financial aid is only available for those who qualify, check with the school for details.
Tuition & Fees Information
Undergraduate Courses - Tuition Details
- Annual tuition is estimated to range between $19,000-$23,000
- Required fees for full-time students: $390
Graduate Courses - Tuition Details
- Annual tuition for graduate students is estimated to range between $17,000-$20,000
- Required fees for graduate students are around $390
- Annual tuition estimates for specific graduate schools:
- Pharmacy School: $35,000 (See all Pharmacy Schools in Tennessee)
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||93%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||82%||$7,166|
|Receiving Student Loans||73%||$13,240|
Other Career Colleges
The list of nearby schools has been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to South College.
- South College - Asheville in Asheville, NC (87 miles away)
- Chattanooga College Medical Dental and Technical Careers in Chattanooga, TN (96 miles away)
- Brown Mackie College - Greenville in Greenville, SC (117 miles away)
- Strayer University - South Carolina in Greenville, SC (119 miles away)
- Virginia College - Spartanburg in Spartanburg, SC (132 miles away)