Carrington College is a system of schools owned and operated by DeVry Inc. through their acquisition of the U.S. Education Corporation. The schools are located throughout the Western United States, having in total 17 locations between Carrington College and Carrington College California. The school enrolls approximately 9000 students.
Carrington College provides career training and education for a number of fields and is constantly looking to expand into new areas and size. The school utilizes a qualified faculty and staff and trained to prepare students for entry into the workforce by completing a curriculum designed to best develop the skills and abilities demanded by potential employers. Programs are primarily in the allied health and medical field, with graduates earning a certificate or associate’s degree which demonstrates competency in the area of study chosen.
Programs offered include:
- Medical Assisting
- Dental Assisting
- Veterinary Assistant
- Massage Therapy
- Criminal Justice
San Jose Location
Western Career College – San Jose is located at 5883 Rue Ferrari in the city of San Jose. This campus has graduated about a thousand students in the last several years. This location offers services for students in the form of flexible courses for those with irregular schedules, online distance learning for individuals not near a physical campus, and career guidance to help students define their goals. Students may learn more, including the school's consumer disclosures, by visiting carrington.edu.
The following is a list of areas of study available at Western Career College – San Jose. Please note that the list may differ from currently available programs. Students should contact the school to ensure program availability.
Medical Assistant (36 Hours)
Medical assistant program takes on average nine months to complete.
- Tuition estimate is $19,000*
- Cost of required books or supplies: $810*
- Last year, more than 100 students completed this program
- Takes about 9 months to complete
Read more and browse other schools listed by checking out our medical assistant schools page.
Veterinary Assistant (64 Hours)
Veterinary assistant program takes on average twenty-two months to complete.
- Tuition estimate is $34,000*
- The estimated cost of books or supplies required is $2,010*
- Based on published reports, around 50 students completed the veterinary assistant program last year
- The length of the veterinary assistant program is about 22 months
Find out more veterinary assistant programs by taking a look at our veterinary assistant schools profile page, which includes listings and career descriptions as well.
Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) (54 Hours)
Licensed practical nurse (LPN) program takes on average twelve months to complete.
- Tuition estimate is $37,000*
- Estimated cost of required books and supplies are around $1,750*
- Around 90 students completed the licensed practical nurse (LPN) program last year
- The licensed practical nurse (LPN) program takes about 12 months to complete
Read more and browse other schools listed by going to our licensed practical nurse (LPN) Programs page.
The dental assistant programs listed below are broken down by the number of credit hours offered.
41 Credit Hours
- Estimated tuition and fees: $21,000 per year*
- Cost of books or materials required: $700*
- Takes about 11 months to complete
88 Credit Hours
- Estimated tuition and fees: $46,000 per year*
- Cost of books or materials required: $2,300*
- Takes about 27 months to complete
Dental Hygienist (62 Hours)
Dental hygienist program takes on average twenty months to complete.
- Tuition estimate is $59,000*
- Required supplies and books: $4,450*
- Based on published reports, around 50 students completed the dental hygienist program last year
- Students usually complete the dental hygienist program in 20 months
Get more information about dental hygienist and browse other schools listed by visiting our dental hygienist schools page.
*The posted costs for tuition, fees and supplies are determined through historical data and may not represent current costs.
**Repayment rates, earnings, and loan payments are estimated to provide a comparative context. For more detailed information individuals are asked to contact the school.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The net cost of this school is close to - annually, after the various types of aid, including scholarships and grants, are taken into consideration. In order to calculate a more accurate and detailed cost of attendance check out their cost calculator here. The financial aid department provides information and resources for students seeking out financial options. Their phone number is (408) 360-0840. The tuition and financial aid figures listed show various costs that students may encounter at Western Career College – San Jose. The numbers may not be accurate due to changing factors in a given year, and are only intended to provide a guideline for students.
Note: Financial aid is only available for those who qualify, check with the school for details.
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||94%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||81%||$4,139|
|Receiving Student Loans||87%||$7,875|
Other Career Colleges
The list of nearby schools has been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Western Career College – San Jose.
- Western Career College - San Leandro in San Leandro, CA (38 miles away)
- Central Coast College in Salinas, CA (40 miles away)
- Kaplan College - Modesto Campus in Salida, CA (50 miles away)
- Western Career College - Pleasant Hill in Pleasant Hill, CA (53 miles away)
- Western Career College - Stockton in Stockton, CA (58 miles away)