Columbia-Greene Community College (CGCC), a college of the State University of New York (SUNY), is located near the Hudson River, on a lush, rural campus setting that borders the Catskill Mountains and the Taconic and Berkshire Hills, and is a short drive to nearby major metropolitan areas such as Albany, Berkshires, and New York City.
CGCC is a two-year college that offers transfer and degree programs for Associate in Arts degrees, Associate in Science degrees, Associate in Applied Science degrees, and Associate in Occupational Studies degrees. In addition, CGCC offers certificate programs for specialized courses.
Students have access to student activities, clubs, and athletic sports teams to help them acclimate to campus life.
CGCC’s mission is to foster an academically-supportive environment for geographically and culturally diverse students that provide transfer, vocational, technical, remedial, and lifelong learning for all. CGCC recognizes its responsibility to offer high quality, post-secondary education that is accessible to all residents in the community.
Tuition is based on credit hours per semester and residency status.
- Full-time students averaging 12-17 semester hours per semester have a tuition fee of $1980 per semester.
- Part-time students averaging 1-11 semester hours per semester have a tuition fee of $165 per semester hour.
- Full-time students averaging 12-17 semester hours per semester have a tuition fee of $3960 per semester.
- Part-time students averaging 1-11 semester hours per semester have a tuition fee of $330 per semester hour.
In addition to the above fees, students may also be responsible for activities fees, insurance fees, health fees, and lab or technology fees.
CGCC reserves the right to change tuition schedules and fees at their discretion. Tuition and financial aid information can be found at http://www.sunycgcc.edu/financial-aid.
Students applying to CGCC must submit an application, high school or college transcripts, attend admissions interview or information session for specific majors (if applicable), and take any necessary placement tests. Other admissions and financial aid requirements for prospective students can be found via the CGCC website here.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The average "out of pocket" cost of attendance, after any grants and scholarships are considered, is around $5,200. In order to calculate a more accurate and detailed cost of attendance check out their cost calculator here. The figures listed below are for informational purposes only and do not represent current or future tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Annual tuition estimates are:
- State Residents: $4,200-$5,000
- Out-of-State: $8,400-$10,080
- Charges per unit:
- State Residents: $180-$210 per credit unit
- Nonresidents: $350-$420 per credit unit
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||77%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||68%||$5,123|
|Receiving Student Loans||28%||$4,392|
Admissions, Academics, & Student Services
To support students and graduates, Columbia – Greene Community College may offer student services including:
- Online classes
- Remedial instructional courses
- Counseling assistance
- Employing students to lower education costs
- Employment search assistance
- Day care for children
Graduation & Transfer Rates
Community colleges often offer both career training programs and options for students to transfer-out to four year institutions, which is why the table below is so important, it compares this school against community colleges in New York.
|Columbia – Greene Community College||Columbia County||New York|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Associate's Degree in Nursing (ADN) Program
- Accredited by the New York State Board of Regents, State Education Department, Office of the Professions (Nursing Education) (since 1986)
- See a list of all associate's degree in nursing (ADN) programs in New York
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Columbia – Greene Community College by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Business and Marketing Studies
Computer and Information Sciences
Health and Clinical Professions
Liberal Arts and Sciences
Mechanic and Repair Technology
Natural Resources and Conservation
Public Administration and Social Services
Recreation and Fitness Studies
Security and Protective Services
Visual and Performing Arts
Other Community Colleges Nearby
The list of nearby schools has been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Columbia – Greene Community College.
- Fulton - Montgomery Community College in Johnstown, NY (58 miles away)
- Orange County Community College in Middletown, NY (62 miles away)
- CUNY Bronx Community College in Bronx, NY (94 miles away)
- Mount Wachusett Community College in Gardner, MA (97 miles away)
- Hudson County Community College in Jersey City, NJ (104 miles away)