Florence Darlington Technical College (FTDC) started its operation 50 years ago. Today it has evolved as a major college providing exceptional education for residents of Florence, Darlington, and Marion Counties. It offers degrees, diplomas and certificate courses in a wide variety of disciplines that lead to careers in healthcare, engineering technology, businesses, human services and much more.
With FTDC you get a chance to avail college transfer programs if you have aspirations of transferring to four year institutions. At FTDC, you can also pick a course that will directly enable you to get a job as soon as you complete the course.
FTDC enrolls more than 6000 students every year and over 30000 individuals for the continuing education program. They have a modern 240-acre campus with state-of-the-art technology giving you a real world experiences.
Florence Darlington College believes that money must not be a hurdle between dreams and achievement. They provide financial aid so that you can achieve your career or educational goals. They also have other options like scholarships for academic merit and other funds from the South Carolina Lottery.
Apart from the regular classes at the college campus, you also have the option of taking courses at the college satellite sites in places like Hartsville, Mullins and Lake City. The college believes in no discrimination and strives to provide you with a high quality education which is a necessity today and prepares you to face the fierce competition in the global marketplace.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The average "out of pocket" cost of attendance, after any grants and scholarships are considered, is around $4,800. To calculate a more personalized cost visit the net price calculator. The figures listed below are for informational purposes only and do not represent current or future tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Tuition estimates per year:
- State Residents: $3,900-$4,700
- Out-of-State: $6,000-$7,200
- Charges for part-time students are:
- In-State: $160-$200 per unit
- Out-of-State: $250-$300 per unit
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||95%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||94%||$5,808|
|Receiving Student Loans||34%||$4,417|
Admissions, Academics, & Student Services
To help students and recent graduates, Florence – Darlington Technical College may provide student services like those listed below:
- Online classes
- Classes offered on nights and weekends
- Remedial instructional courses
- Counseling assistance
- Work study style employment
- Assistance to find work
- Day care
Graduation & Transfer Rates
Community colleges often offer both career training programs and options for students to transfer-out to four year institutions, which is why the table below is so important, it compares Florence – Darlington Technical College against community colleges in South Carolina.
|Florence – Darlington Technical College||Florence County||South Carolina|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Dental Assistant Program
- Accredited by the American Dental Association, Commission on Dental Accreditation (since 1967)
- Dental Hygienist Program
- Accredited by the American Dental Association, Commission on Dental Accreditation (since 1973)
- Associate's Degree in Nursing (ADN) Program
- Accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing, Inc. ? May 6, 2013 Formerly: National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (since 1975)
- Find all the other nursing programs in South Carolina
- Radiology Technician Program
- Accredited by the Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology (since 1983)
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Florence – Darlington Technical College by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Business and Marketing Studies
Computer and Information Sciences
Family and Consumer Sciences
Health and Clinical Professions
Legal Professions and Studies
Liberal Arts and Sciences
Mechanic and Repair Technology
Personal and Culinary Services
Public Administration and Social Services
Security and Protective Services
Other Community Colleges Nearby
The list of nearby schools has been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Florence – Darlington Technical College.
- Northeastern Technical College in Cheraw, SC (32 miles away)
- Central Carolina Technical College in Sumter, SC (38 miles away)
- Williamsburg Technical College in Kingstree, SC (43 miles away)
- Richmond Community College in Hamlet, NC (46 miles away)
- Robeson Community College in Lumberton, NC (55 miles away)