Jefferson Community and Technical College (JCTC) is the largest of 16 community and technical colleges set up under the KCTC System. With 6 campus locations, 15,000 students and a robust eLearning program, it is the second largest of all universities and colleges in the Louisville area.
JCTC offers more than 70 academic programs and over 300 options for associate degrees, diplomas and certificates. Being big can often mean being impersonal; at Jefferson CTC, however, students are made to feel at home by a well-qualified faculty members who care about their students’ academic performance and subsequent career options.
JCTC tuition and bookstore charges are in line with KCTCS guidelines, making this two-year college an affordable stepping stone to a successful career or higher education at a four-year college. In addition, there are several financial assistance programs that can be applied for, and JCTC is committed to helping students negotiate the maze of terms and conditions that these programs come attached with.
Jefferson CTC also offers a comprehensive suite of eLearning solutions to cater to the online community within and outside the state. In addition, they also provide customized training, professional development courses and development planning to Louisville companies that need academic input to optimize the capability of their workforce.
Students enrolling in any of Jefferson’s programs will have the benefit of being associated with the largest community and technical college in the state, while enjoying all the perquisites of a home-grown academic community.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The average "out of pocket" cost of attendance, after any grants and scholarships are considered, is around $8,000. To calculate a more personalized cost visit the net price calculator. The figures listed below are for informational purposes only and do not represent current or future tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Annual tuition range:
- State Residents: $3,500-$4,200
- Out-of-State: $12,000-$14,830
- Charges for part-time students are:
- In-State: $150-$180 per unit
- Out-of-State: $520-$620 per unit
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||91%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||88%||$4,065|
|Receiving Student Loans||24%||$4,253|
Admissions, Academics, & Student Services
To help students and recent graduates, Jefferson Community and Technical College may provide student services like those listed below:
- Online classes
- Classes offered on nights and weekends
- Remedial courses
- Counseling assistance
- Work study style employment
- Helping students find work after graduation
- Day care
Graduation & Transfer Rates
Community colleges often offer both career training programs and options for students to transfer-out to four year institutions, which is why the table below is so important, it compares this school against community colleges in Kentucky.
|Jefferson Community and Technical College||Jefferson County||Kentucky|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Associate's Degree in Nursing (ADN) Program
- Accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing, Inc. ? May 6, 2013 Formerly: National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (since 1974)
- Find all the other nursing programs in Kentucky
- Occupational Therapy Assistant (OTA) Program
- Accredited by the American Occupational Therapy Association, Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education (since 1998)
- Radiology Technician Program
- Accredited by the Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology (since 1979)
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Jefferson Community and Technical College by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Business and Marketing Studies
Computer and Information Sciences
Ethnic Cultural and Gender Studies
Family and Consumer Sciences
Health and Clinical Professions
Liberal Arts and Sciences
Mechanic and Repair Technology
Personal and Culinary Services
Public Administration and Social Services
Security and Protective Services
Visual and Performing Arts
Other Community Colleges Nearby
The list of nearby schools has been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Jefferson Community and Technical College.
- Elizabethtown Community and Technical College in Elizabethtown, KY (39 miles away)
- Bluegrass Community and Technical College in Lexington, KY (70 miles away)
- Owensboro Community and Technical College in Owensboro, KY (81 miles away)
- Gateway Community and Technical College in Florence, KY (88 miles away)
- Miami University - Hamilton in Hamilton, OH (101 miles away)