Roane State Community College in Tennessee is known for many accomplishments in its pursuit to accommodate a diverse learning experience to its many students. Not only are Roane State’s programs diverse in nature, but so is its student population. With 9 campuses and several distance learning options available, RSCC provides local students a "no barrier" learning opportunity.
RSCC has an impressive list of innovative programs that it provides to its students. This includes Transfer Pathways, for students who wish to earn an Associate of Art or Science from Roane State. Career Pathways are available for students who wish to earn an Associate of Applied Science or Technical Certificate to quickly enter the workforce, and a number of online degrees can be attained through RSCC.
Academic support is available to all students in need of assistance, whether you are looking for extra help in understanding assignments or you need help with course content. Roane State also provides free tutoring for all students regardless of GPA or financial status.
RSCC’s tuition is very affordable, with in-state fees starting at $139, and out of state fees starting at $435. Roane State also offers financial aid assistance through scholarships, grants, work-study and loans. For more information on tuition costs, along with any additional fees, please visit RSCC’s student resource page.
If you are interested in studying abroad, RSCC offers an International Education opportunity. This unique experience promises individual growth by promoting global interaction. For more information on studying abroad, please visit RSCC’s Office of International Education’s webpage.
With over 6500 students currently enrolled, RSCC provides convenient class options, along with flexible scheduling, and ample help through student services. Overall, RSCC gives its students affordable tuition costs, several programs of study and plenty of student activities. For more information on Roane State Community College, please visit their website or complete the form on this page to learn more.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The average "out of pocket" cost of attendance, after any grants and scholarships are considered, is around $9,200. In order to calculate a more accurate and detailed cost of attendance check out their cost calculator here. There is also a $20 application fee for those applying to a program. The figures listed below are for informational purposes only and do not represent current or future tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Annual tuition range:
- State Residents: $3,600-$4,300
- Out-of-State: $15,000-$17,850
- Charges for part-time students are:
- In-State: $150-$180 per unit
- Out-of-State: $630-$750 per unit
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||96%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||87%||$4,851|
|Receiving Student Loans||13%||$4,263|
Admissions, Academics, & Student Services
To help students and alumni, Roane State Community College may offer services to students like those listed below:
- Distance learning
- Night and weekend classes available
- Remedial instructional courses
- Career path counseling
- Student employment
- Assistance to find work
Graduation & Transfer Rates
Community colleges offer a variety of career and transfer options for students. The following table shows the graduation and transfer-out rates for Roane State Community College, versus those community colleges in Tennessee, which can be valuable information for determining which school to attend.
|Roane State Community College||Roane County||Tennessee|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
Campus: RSCC Oak Ridge Campus
- Dental Hygienist Program
- Accredited by the American Dental Association, Commission on Dental Accreditation (since 1990)
- Massage Therapy & Bodywork Program
- Accredited by the Commission on Massage Therapy Accreditation (since 2002)
- Occupational Therapy Assistant (OTA) Program
- Accredited by the American Occupational Therapy Association, Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education (since 1994)
- Radiology Technician Program
- Accredited by the Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology (since 1977)
Campus: Roane State Community College
- Associate's Degree in Nursing (ADN) Program
- Accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing, Inc. ? May 6, 2013 Formerly: National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (since 1985)
- See a list of all associate's degree in nursing (ADN) programs in Tennessee
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Roane State Community College by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Business and Marketing Studies
Computer and Information Sciences
Family and Consumer Sciences
Health and Clinical Professions
Legal Professions and Studies
Liberal Arts and Sciences
Security and Protective Services
Other Community Colleges Nearby
The list of nearby schools has been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Roane State Community College.
- Cleveland State Community College in Cleveland, TN (49 miles away)
- Chattanooga State Community College in Chattanooga, TN (64 miles away)
- Walters State Community College in Morristown, TN (79 miles away)
- Motlow State Community College in Tullahoma, TN (101 miles away)
- Volunteer State Community College in Gallatin, TN (110 miles away)