Roxbury Community College, located in Roxbury Crossing, Massachusetts, a suburb of Boston. The school was founded in 1973 and provides a post-secondary opportunities for approximately 2,400 students annually. Like many Massachusetts two year institutions that maintain partnerships with four year institutions, RCC maintains a partnership with Eastern Nazarene College that allows for the pursuit of bachelor degrees on campus.
Roxbury Community College offers a variety of programs that assist students in pursuing transfer opportunities or career training education. Academic transfer programs provide a curriculum that reflects the first two years of a four year education followed by transfer to a four year institution to continue one's education and earn a bachelor's degree. Career training programs provide students with an education in a high demand field or industry that allows for entry into the workforce as a qualified professional. Programs take between one and two years to complete and result in an associate degree or certificate.
Programs offered include:
Admissions and Financial Aid
Roxbury Community College is an open enrollment institution that admits any individuals who have graduated high school or are eighteen years of age or older. Interested students must supply a completed application, pay all fees, provide transcripts and test scores, and may be required to take a placement exam. Prior to registration students are encouraged to participate in orientation and meet with a counselor to discuss programs and curriculum. Financial aid is available in the form of loans, grants and scholarships which are awarded based on need as determined by the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The average "out of pocket" cost of attendance, after any grants and scholarships are considered, is around $7,000. To calculate a more personalized cost visit the net price calculator. There is also a $10 application fee for students applying to the school. The figures listed below are for informational purposes only and do not represent current or future tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Annual tuition range:
- State Residents: $620-$750
- Out-of-State: $6,700-$8,093
- Part-time students are charged:
- State Residents: $170-$200 per credit unit
- Nonresidents: $370-$450 per credit unit
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||89%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||89%||$4,999|
|Receiving Student Loans||2%||$8,845|
Admissions, Academics, & Student Services
To help support students, Roxbury Community College may provide services including:
- Online classes
- Night and weekend classes available
- Remedial instructional courses
- Academic counseling for students
- Student employment
- Assisting students to find work
- Day care for children
Graduation & Transfer Rates
Many community colleges are not only a source of technical or career training but also a stepping stone for students to transfer-out to a 4-year college, therefore we have included both graduation and transfer rates below and how this school compares against other community colleges in Suffolk County and community colleges in Massachusetts as a whole.
|Roxbury Community College||Suffolk County||Massachusetts|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Associate's Degree in Nursing (ADN) Program
- Accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing, Inc. ? May 6, 2013 Formerly: National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (since 1997)
- Compare all associate's degree in nursing (ADN) programs in Massachusetts
- Radiology Technician Program
- Accredited by the Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology (since 2007)
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Roxbury Community College by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Business and Marketing Studies
Computer and Information Sciences
Health and Clinical Professions
Liberal Arts and Sciences
Mathematics and Statistics
Security and Protective Services
Other Community Colleges Nearby
The list of nearby schools has been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Roxbury Community College.
- Greenfield Community College in Greenfield, MA (80 miles away)
- Berkshire Community College in Pittsfield, MA (114 miles away)
- Adirondack Community College in Queensbury, NY (148 miles away)
- CUNY Queensborough Community College in Bayside, NY (176 miles away)
- CUNY Bronx Community College in Bronx, NY (177 miles away)