The main campus of San Juan College is located on the north side of Farmington, New Mexico, consisting of 15 main campus buildings and five off-site facilities. Their mission is “to inspire and support life-long learning to achieve personal and community goals by providing quality education, services, and cultural enrichment.”
With many of their programs easily transferring to four-year institutions, San Juan College offers over 119 academic undergraduate programs and majors.
Academic Schools and Continuing Education:
- School of Business
- School of Energy
- School of Health Sciences
- School of Humanities
- School of Science, Math, and Engineering
- School of Trades and Technology
- Center for Community Engagement
Tuition for New Mexico Residents is $41 per credit hour + additional student and technology fees—for non-residents tuition is $105 per credit hour + additional student and technology fees. Some certification programs and Associate of Applied Science degrees such as Nursing, Cosmetology, and Dental Hygiene, may have additional fees.
Student services at San Juan College consist of the Advising and Counseling Center, as well as programs such as EDGE (academic, career, and financial advisement) and other student activities for amusement and recreation.
Review the “Getting Started Checklist” for applying to San Juan College and collect the information you need to make a decision about SJC today.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The average "out of pocket" cost of attendance, after any grants and scholarships are considered, is around $5,700. In order to calculate a more accurate and detailed cost of attendance check out their cost calculator here. The figures listed below are for informational purposes only and do not represent current or future tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Annual tuition estimates are:
- State Residents: $1,100-$1,300
- Out-of-State: $3,500-$4,205
- Part-time students are charged:
- State Residents: $46-$55 per credit unit
- Nonresidents: $150-$180 per credit unit
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||83%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||80%||$4,610|
|Receiving Student Loans||9%||$5,469|
Admissions, Academics, & Student Services
To support students and graduates, San Juan College may offer services to students like:
- Online course work available
- Weekend and night classes available
- Remedial instructional courses
- Counseling assistance
- Work study style employment
- Helping students find work after graduation
- Day care for children
Graduation & Transfer Rates
Students who attend a community college will be able to choose from a variety of programs that will lead to an associate's degree or transfer to a four year institution. The following list shows graduation and transfer-out rates for SJC compared to community colleges in New Mexico, which can be useful for determining which community college to attend.
|SJC||San Juan County||New Mexico|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Dental Hygienist Program
- Accredited by the American Dental Association, Commission on Dental Accreditation (since 2000)
- Associate's Degree in Nursing (ADN) Program
- Accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing, Inc. ? May 6, 2013 Formerly: National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (since 1988)
- See a list of all associate's degree in nursing (ADN) programs in New Mexico
- Occupational Therapy Assistant (OTA) Program
- Accredited by the American Occupational Therapy Association, Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education (since 2014)
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by San Juan College by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Business and Marketing Studies
Computer and Information Sciences
English Language and Literature
Ethnic Cultural and Gender Studies
Family and Consumer Sciences
Health and Clinical Professions
Legal Professions and Studies
Liberal Arts and Sciences
Mathematics and Statistics
Mechanic and Repair Technology
Natural Resources and Conservation
Personal and Culinary Services
Public Administration and Social Services
Recreation and Fitness Studies
Security and Protective Services
Transportation and Materials Moving
Visual and Performing Arts
Other Community Colleges Nearby
The list of nearby schools has been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to San Juan College.
- University of New Mexico - Gallup Campus in Gallup, NM (93 miles away)
- New Mexico State University - Grants in Grants, NM (113 miles away)
- University of New Mexico - Los Alamos Campus in Los Alamos, NM (120 miles away)
- Northern New Mexico College in Espanola, NM (127 miles away)
- Southwestern Indian Polytechnic Institute in Albuquerque, NM (138 miles away)