With an extensive range of degree and certificate programs, Southwest Tennessee Community College is committed to students and the community in providing a supportive learning environment. STCC offers accessibility through its many campuses, student centers, and distance learning.
Southwest Tennessee Community College is a public two-year college and a great starting point for those who wish to transfer to a four-year institution. Specialty programs like Criminal Justice, Nursing, and Engineering Technologies are available at STCC. Those wishing to enhance their careers may also find STCC the perfect choice, with many opportunities offered through continuing education and Corporate Training programs.
Tuition costs at STCC are $139 per credit hour for in-state students, and $574 for out of state students. Those needing financial aid, may apply for several different loan types, scholarships; and for those who qualify, a Federal Work-Study Program. For more information on STCC’s tuition, additional fees and financial aid assistance please follow the link.
Southwest Tennessee Community College also offers a Partnership Enrollment Program (PEP), and partners with the University of Memphis. This program guarantees admission to the university to any student who successfully completes their associate’s degree. This program is very beneficial to students and helps significantly reduce the costs associated with higher learning.
There are currently over 13,000 students enrolled at STCC. The college provides a number of student activities and resources that includes child care, career services and student advising. STCC offers flexible scheduling with evening and weekend classes for students who work. For more information on all that Southwest Tennessee Community College has to offer, please visit their website.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The average "out of pocket" cost of attendance, after any grants and scholarships are considered, is around $4,400. In order to calculate a more accurate and detailed cost of attendance check out their cost calculator here. There is also a $10 application fee for those applying to a program. The figures listed below are for informational purposes only and do not represent current or future tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Annual tuition estimates are:
- State Residents: $3,600-$4,400
- Out-of-State: $15,000-$18,440
- Charges for part-time students are:
- In-State: $150-$180 per unit
- Out-of-State: $630-$750 per unit
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||93%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||84%||$5,119|
Admissions, Academics, & Student Services
To support students and graduates, Southwest Tennessee Community College may offer student services like:
- Online course work available
- Night and weekend classes available
- Remedial courses
- Counseling assistance
- Work study style employment
- Employment search assistance
- Day care for children
Graduation & Transfer Rates
Community colleges often offer both career training programs and options for students to transfer-out to four year institutions, which is why the table below is so important, it compares Southwest against community colleges in Tennessee.
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Associate's Degree in Nursing (ADN) Program
- Accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing, Inc. ? May 6, 2013 Formerly: National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (since 1986)
- Compare all associate's degree in nursing (ADN) programs in Tennessee
- Radiology Technician Program
- Accredited by the Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology (since 1978)
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Southwest Tennessee Community College by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Business and Marketing Studies
Computer and Information Sciences
Family and Consumer Sciences
Health and Clinical Professions
Legal Professions and Studies
Liberal Arts and Sciences
Mechanic and Repair Technology
Security and Protective Services
Visual and Performing Arts
Other Community Colleges Nearby
The list of nearby schools has been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Southwest Tennessee Community College.
- East Arkansas Community College in Forrest City, AR (43 miles away)
- Arkansas Northeastern College in Blytheville, AR (53 miles away)
- Dyersburg State Community College in Dyersburg, TN (73 miles away)
- Jackson State Community College in Jackson, TN (79 miles away)
- Black River Technical College in Pocahontas, AR (89 miles away)