Located in Largo, Florida, American Institute of Beauty is a private beauty school that provides career education for potential students interested in cosmetology. This school has been accredited by the National Accrediting Commission of Career Arts and Sciences since 2005. The school offers an in-depth cosmetology program that provides the skills and abilities needed to get licensure and long term employment upon completion. The cosmetology training courses offered at this school are:
In 2010-2011 close to 90 students completed programs at American Institute of Beauty, with a graduation rate of around 54%. The average default rate of individuals taking student loans over the last three reported years (2007-2009) was 18%.
American Institute of Beauty offers student services in the form of help with finding job opportunities for students and career assistance for students entering a career in cosmetology. State and county licensing procedures may differ, and as such it is suggested students look into getting a license in cosmetology. For information and consumer disclosures, please check out school's website.
Below is a listing of the programs that may be offered at American Institute of Beauty. Actual programs may differ from the list below, to get an official list of programs offered please visit the school's website or by phone at (727) 532-2125.
Cosmetology (1,200 Hours)
The cosmetology program takes about ten months for most students to complete.
- Tuition costs are estimated to be $16,000*
- Cost of required supplies: $1,600*
- 18 students completed the cosmetology program last year
- Takes about 10 months to complete
Learn more about cosmetology programs by visiting our cosmetology schools profile page, which lists schools offering this program along with a career overview.
Barber (1,200 Hours)
The barber program offered most often takes about ten months to complete and may fulfill course requirements for licensing.
- Tuition costs are estimated to be $17,000*
- The estimated cost of supplies that may be required is $700*
- 73 students completed this program in the previous reported year
- The length of the barber program is usually 10 months
Facial Treatment Specialist (720 Hours)
Facial treatment specialist program takes approximately five months to complete. Students that complete this program may be eligible to pursue licensing.
- Tuition costs are estimated to be $11,000*
- The estimated cost of supplies that may be required is $1,400*
- 8 students completed this program in the previous reported year
- The length of the facial treatment specialist program is usually 5 months
Personal Grooming Arts (600 Hours)
Personal grooming arts program takes approximately four months to complete. Students that complete this program may be eligible to pursue licensing.
- Tuition costs are estimated to be $8,000*
- Cost of required supplies: $1,500*
- 20 students completed the personal grooming arts program last year
- Takes about 4 months to complete
*The posted costs for tuition, fees and supplies are determined through historical data and may not represent current costs.
**Repayment rates, earnings, and loan payments are estimated to provide a comparative context. For more detailed information individuals are asked to contact the school.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Note: Financial aid is only available for those who qualify, check with the school for details.
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||97%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||92%||$4,986|
|Receiving Student Loans||89%||$8,132|
Other Cosmetology Schools Nearby
The list of nearby cosmetology schools below offer beauty and cosmetology programs similar to American Institute of Beauty. Click the links below to get a detailed profile for each school.
- Sunstate Academy - Clearwater in Clearwater, FL (5 miles away)
- Loraines Academy Inc in Saint Petersburg, FL (8 miles away)
- Aveda Institute - Saint Petersburg in Davie, FL (10 miles away)
- Manhattan Hairstyling Academy in Tampa, FL (13 miles away)
- The Salon Professional Academy - Tampa in Tampa, FL (17 miles away)
- Shear Excellence Hair Academy in Tampa, FL (20 miles away)
- Artistic Nails and Beauty Academy in Tampa, FL (20 miles away)
- Paul Mitchell the School - Tampa in Tampa, FL (21 miles away)