Artistic Academy of Hair Design offers a career oriented education in the cosmetology industry. The school is located in Morris Plains, NJ, which is in a predominantly residential area. The National Accrediting Commission of Career Arts and Sciences has accredited the instruction & training provided by Artistic Academy of Hair Design for over 26 consecutive years. The primary program offered by this school is in cosmetology, which prepares individuals with the skills and abilities needed to obtain licensure and seek out gainful employment after graduation. In addition, this school also has an esthetics program, which offers an excellent education in the field of skin care and a cosmetology instructor training program for individuals who want to become a cosmetology instructor.
This school enrolls about 250 students annually, providing students an excellent learning atmosphere, with students completing the programs with a graduate rate of about 87%. Between the years of 2007-2009 the estimated average default rate for students taking loans to help pay the tuition for this school was approximately 6.05%.
Artistic Academy of Hair Design provides student services such as job placement opportunities for graduates in need of employment and cosmetology career pathway counseling for current and graduated students. State licensing procedures may differ, and as such it is recommended students look into getting a license in cosmetology. To see more and get consumer disclosures, you can visit artisticacademy.com.
The list below shows all the programs that may be offered at Artistic Academy of Hair Design. Actual programs may differ from the list below, to get an official list of programs offered please visit the school's website or by phone at (973) 656-1401 x0.
Cosmetology (1,200 Hours)
The cosmetology program takes about ten months for most students to complete.
- Estimated tuition cost of this program is $17,000*
- The estimated cost of supplies that may be required is $1,900*
- 75 students completed this program in the previous reported year
- The length of the cosmetology program is usually 10 months
Learn more about cosmetology programs by visiting our cosmetology schools profile page, which includes lists on other schools offering this program.
Esthetician (600 Hours)
The esthetician program offered commonly takes about five months to complete and may satisfy education requirements for licensing.
- Estimated tuition cost of this program is $8,000*
- The estimated cost of supplies that may be required is $1,400*
- 53 students completed this program in the previous reported year
- The length of the esthetician program is usually 5 months
Learn more about esthetician programs by visiting our esthetician schools profile page, which includes listings and career descriptions.
Cosmetology, Barber and Nail Instructor (500 Hours)
Cosmetology, barber and nail instructor program takes usually four months to complete. Students who complete this program may be eligible to pursue licensing.
- Estimated tuition cost of this program is $7,000*
- Cost of required supplies: $1,900*
- Takes about 4 months to complete
*The posted costs for tuition, fees and supplies are determined through historical data and may not represent current costs.
**Repayment rates, earnings, and loan payments are estimated to provide a comparative context. For more detailed information individuals are asked to contact the school.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Note: Financial aid is only available for those who qualify, check with the school for details.
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||93%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||75%||$3,261|
|Receiving Student Loans||73%||$5,896|
Other Cosmetology Schools Nearby
The list of nearby cosmetology schools below offer beauty and cosmetology programs similar to Artistic Academy of Hair Design. Click the links below to get a detailed profile for each school.
- Capri Institute - Kenilworth in Kenilworth, NJ (15 miles away)
- Empire Beauty School - Bloomfield in Bloomfield, NJ (16 miles away)
- Robert Fiance Beauty Schools - North Plainfield in North Plainfield, NJ (16 miles away)
- European Academy of Cosmetology - Union in Union, NJ (18 miles away)
- Capri Institute - Clifton in Clifton, NJ (18 miles away)
- Roman Academy of Beauty Culture in Hawthorne, NJ (19 miles away)
- Capri Institute - Paramus in Paramus, NJ (23 miles away)
- Parisian Beauty School in Hackensack, NJ (23 miles away)