Located in Layton, Utah, Avalon School of Cosmetology - Layton is a private institution that provides career education for potential students interested in cosmetology. Avalon School of Cosmetology - Layton has been accredited by the National Accrediting Commission of Career Arts and Sciences since 2010. This school's cosmetology program is designed to prepare students for long term employment upon completion, providing all the skills needed to prepare students for licensure and entry into the beauty industry. In addition, this school also offers a cosmetology instructor training program for students who want to become educators.
Avalon School of Cosmetology - Layton provides student services in the form of cosmetology career counseling to help students and job placement opportunities for students looking for work. Students are asked to look up state licensing regulations to ensure programs meet established standards. For information and consumer disclosures, please visit school's website.
The list below shows all the programs that may be offered at Avalon School of Cosmetology – Layton. Actual programs may differ from the list below, to get an official list of programs offered please visit the school's website or by phone at (801) 614-5040.
Cosmetology (1,600 Hours)
The cosmetology program offered commonly takes about fourteen months to complete and may satisfy education requirements for licensing.
- Estimated tuition cost of this program is $17,000*
- The estimated cost of supplies that may be required is $1,800*
- 67 students completed this program in the previous reported year
- The length of the cosmetology program is usually 14 months
Get more information about cosmetology and find other schools listed by checking out our cosmetology schools information page.
Master Esthetician (1,200 Hours)
The master esthetician program offered commonly takes about thirteen months to complete and may satisfy education requirements for licensing.
- Estimated tuition cost of this program is $15,000*
- Cost of required supplies: $1,600*
- 26 students completed the master esthetician program last year
- Takes about 13 months to complete
Cosmetology, Barber and Nail Instructor
The cosmetology, barber and nail instructor programs listed below are broken down by the number of contact hours offered.
1,000 Contact Hours
- Estimated tuition and fees: $6,000 per year*
- Cost of required supplies: $900*
- Takes about 7 months to complete
300 Contact Hours
- Estimated tuition and fees: $2,000 per year*
- Cost of required supplies: $1,100*
- Takes about 4 months to complete
*The posted costs for tuition, fees and supplies are determined through historical data and may not represent current costs.
**Repayment rates, earnings, and loan payments are estimated to provide a comparative context. For more detailed information individuals are asked to contact the school.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Note: Financial aid is only available for those who qualify, check with the school for details.
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||77%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||77%||$3,695|
|Receiving Student Loans||77%||$5,818|
Other Cosmetology Schools Nearby
The list of nearby cosmetology schools below offer beauty and cosmetology programs similar to Avalon School of Cosmetology – Layton. Click the links below to get a detailed profile for each school.
- Skin Science Institute in Salt Lake City, UT (26 miles away)
- Skinworks School of Advanced Skincare in Salt Lake City, UT (26 miles away)
- Sherman Kendall's Academy - Sugarhouse in Salt Lake City, UT (26 miles away)
- Paul Mitchell the School - Salt Lake City in Holladay, UT (31 miles away)
- Cameo College of Essential Beauty in Murray, UT (31 miles away)
- Sherman Kendalls Academy of Beauty Arts & Sciences in Midvale, UT (33 miles away)
- Taylor Andrews Academy of Hair Design in West Jordan, UT (35 miles away)
- Echelon Edge Academy Of Hair Skin and Nails in Sandy, UT (35 miles away)