Award Beauty School offers a career oriented education in the beauty industry. The school is located in Hagerstown, Maryland, which is in a predominantly metropolitan area. This school is accredited by the National Accrediting Commission of Career Arts and Sciences, having held that accreditation for the last forty-seven consecutive years. The school offers an in-depth cosmetology program that provides the skills and abilities needed to get licensure and gainful employment upon completion.
Award Beauty School graduates approximately 69 students per year, with about 50% of those who start the program continue on to complete it. In 2009 the reported default rate of individuals taking student loans to pay for this school was approximately 4.3%.
Award Beauty School provides job placement opportunities for students looking for work. State licensing procedures may differ, and as such it is recommended students lookup obtaining a license in cosmetology. For additional information regarding consumer disclosures, interested individuals may visit the school's website.
Below is a listing of the programs that may be offered at Award Beauty School. Actual programs may differ from the list below, to get an official list of programs offered please visit the school's website or by phone at 30145911.
Cosmetology (1,500 Hours)
Cosmetology program takes usually thirteen months to complete. Students that complete this program may be eligible to pursue licensing.
- Tuition estimate is $21,000*
- Cost of required supplies: $1,500*
- 52 students completed the cosmetology program last year
- Takes about 13 months to complete
Get more information about cosmetology and browse other schools listed by checking out our cosmetology schools information page.
Barber (1,200 Hours)
Barber program takes usually twelve months to complete. Students that complete this program may be eligible to pursue licensing.
- Tuition estimate is $17,000*
- The estimated cost of supplies that may be required is $1,600*
- 30 students completed this program in the previous reported year
- The length of the barber program is usually 12 months
*Amounts for tuition, fees, and supplies are an estimate which are calculated based on historical data and should be solely used for informational purposes only.
**Repayment rates, earnings, and loan payments are estimates and should be treated as informational tools only, contact the school for official information.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Note: Financial aid is only available for those who qualify, check with the school for details.
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||100%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||100%||$2,536|
|Receiving Student Loans||100%||$3,270|
Other Cosmetology Schools Nearby
The list of nearby cosmetology schools below offer beauty and cosmetology programs similar to Award Beauty School. Click the links below to get a detailed profile for each school.
- Chambersburg Beauty School in Chambersburg, PA (21 miles away)
- Frederick School of Cosmetology in Frederick, MD (22 miles away)
- The Temple - A Paul Mitchell Partner School in Frederick, MD (23 miles away)
- Empire Beauty School - Hanover in Hanover, PA (40 miles away)
- Aesthetics Institute of Cosmetology in Gaithersburg, MD (46 miles away)
- Maryland Beauty Academy in Reisterstown, MD (50 miles away)