The Beauty Schools of America, owned by the Coral Springs Schools, Inc., was established in 1989 through the opening of the first school in Margate, Florida. The school has since that time grown into a five school system with locations throughout Florida, making it among the largest beauty schools in the state. The school also provides career placement services for graduates.
Students will choose from a small number of programs available at the school. These programs are reflective of the various facets of the beauty industry and are taught by experienced industry professionals in order to properly provide students with the skills and abilities necessary to succeed. Students will earn a certificate upon completion that demonstrates dedication and competency in one’s chosen field.
Programs offered include:
- Massage Therapy
- Nail Technician
- Makeup Artist and Skin Care
Miami Beach Location
The Miami Beach branch of Beauty Schools of America is located at 1011 5th Street. Approximately ninety-six students graduate from this location in a given year. This location provides services for students in the form of remedial education classes for program or licensure preparation, job placement opportunities for students after graduation, and career guidance for students in need of help. You can learn more, including the school's consumer disclosures, by visiting bsa.edu.
The list below shows all the programs that may be offered at Beauty Schools of America. Actual programs may differ from the list below, to get an official list of programs offered please visit the school's website or by phone at (305) 824-2500.
Cosmetology (1,200 Hours)
Cosmetology program takes on average ten months to complete. Students who complete this program may be eligible to pursue licensing.
- Tuition (including any fees) estimate is $17,000*
- The estimated cost of supplies that may be required is $1,600*
- 7 students completed this program in the previous reported year
- The length of the cosmetology program is usually 10 months
Learn more about cosmetology programs through our cosmetology schools profile page, which includes listings and career descriptions.
Esthetician (900 Hours)
The esthetician program offered commonly takes about seven months to complete and may satisfy education requirements for licensing.
- Tuition (including any fees) estimate is $13,000*
- The estimated cost of supplies that may be required is $900*
- 6 students completed this program in the previous reported year
- The length of the esthetician program is usually 7 months
Learn more and find other schools listed by visiting our esthetician schools page.
program takes on average two months to complete. Students who complete this program may be eligible to pursue licensing.
- Tuition (including any fees) estimate is $1,000*
- The estimated cost of supplies that may be required is $300*
- The length of the program is usually 2 months
The massage therapy programs listed below are broken down by the number of contact hours offered.
754 Contact Hours
- Estimated tuition and fees: $10,000 per year*
- Cost of required supplies: $400*
- Takes about 6 months to complete
1,050 Contact Hours
- Estimated tuition and fees: $13,000 per year*
- Cost of required supplies: $1,000*
- Takes about 9 months to complete
Makeup Artist (300 Hours)
Makeup artist program takes on average three months to complete. Students who complete this program may be eligible to pursue licensing.
- Tuition (including any fees) estimate is $3,000*
- Cost of required supplies: $600*
- 25 students completed the makeup artist program last year
- Takes about 3 months to complete
Learn more and find other schools listed by visiting our makeup artist schools page.
*The posted costs for tuition, fees and supplies are determined through historical data and may not represent current costs.
**Repayment rates, earnings, and loan payments are estimated to provide a comparative context. For more detailed information individuals are asked to contact the school.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Note: Financial aid is only available for those who qualify, check with the school for details.
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||100%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||98%||$3,305|
|Receiving Student Loans||83%||$5,582|
Other Cosmetology Schools Nearby
The list of nearby cosmetology schools below offer beauty and cosmetology programs similar to Beauty Schools of America. Click the links below to get a detailed profile for each school.
- Hollywood Institute of Beauty Careers - Miami Beach in North Bay Village, FL (5 miles away)
- Praxis Institute in Miami, FL (6 miles away)
- La Belle Beauty Academy in Miami, FL (7 miles away)
- Nouvelle Institute in Miami, FL (7 miles away)
- Celebrity School of Beauty in Miami, FL (10 miles away)
- Beauty Schools of America - Miami in Miami, FL (10 miles away)
- Beauty Schools of America - North Miami Beach in North Miami Beach, FL (10 miles away)
- La Belle Beauty School in Hialeah, FL (12 miles away)