Bellus Academy - El Cajon is located in El Cajon, CA, and is a beauty school that focuses on cosmetology education. For the last 39 years this school has received its accreditation from the National Accrediting Commission of Career Arts and Sciences. The school offers a comprehensive cosmetology program that teaches the skills and abilities necessary to pursue licensure and long term employment upon graduation. In addition to cosmetology, this school also has an esthetics program, for individuals who wish to focus on skin care.
Over 300 students have enrolled at this school over the last couple of years. Bellus Academy - El Cajon reported students had a federal loan default rate of approximately 17% in 2009.
Bellus Academy - El Cajon offers help with finding job options for students. State and county licensing procedures may vary, and as such it is recommended students research getting a license in cosmetology. Students can learn more about Bellus Academy - El Cajon, including licensure preparation, by visiting bellusacademy.edu.
The list below shows all the programs that may be offered at Bellus Academy – El Cajon. Actual programs may differ from the list below, to get an official list of programs offered please visit the school's website or by phone at (619) 442-3407.
Personal Grooming Arts (1,750 Hours)
Personal grooming arts program takes on average thirteen months to complete. Students who complete this program may be eligible to pursue licensing.
- Estimated tuition and fees: $23,000*
- Cost of required supplies: $4,800*
- 30 students completed the personal grooming arts program last year
- Takes about 13 months to complete
Esthetician (600 Hours)
Esthetician program takes on average five months to complete. Students who complete this program may be eligible to pursue licensing.
- Estimated tuition and fees: $10,000*
- The estimated cost of supplies that may be required is $1,500*
- 42 students completed this program in the previous reported year
- The length of the esthetician program is usually 5 months
Learn more about esthetician programs through our esthetician schools profile page, which also includes career information.
Facial Treatment Specialist (750 Hours)
The facial treatment specialist program offered usually takes about six months to complete and may satisfy education requirements for licensing.
- Estimated tuition and fees: $13,000*
- The estimated cost of supplies that may be required is $3,300*
- 18 students completed this program in the previous reported year
- The length of the facial treatment specialist program is usually 6 months
The hair styling programs listed below are broken down by the number of contact hours offered.
1,900 Contact Hours
- Estimated tuition and fees: $27,000 per year*
- Cost of required supplies: $5,600*
- Takes about 14 months to complete
1,750 Contact Hours
- Estimated tuition and fees: $23,000 per year*
- Cost of required supplies: $3,700*
- Takes about 13 months to complete
Cosmetology (1,600 Hours)
The cosmetology program takes about twelve months for most students to complete.
- Estimated tuition and fees: $19,000*
- The estimated cost of supplies that may be required is $2,900*
- 7 students completed this program in the previous reported year
- The length of the cosmetology program is usually 12 months
Learn more about cosmetology programs through our cosmetology schools profile page, which also includes career information.
*Amounts for tuition, fees, and supplies are an estimate which are calculated based on historical data and should be solely used for informational purposes only.
**Repayment rates, earnings, and loan payments are estimates and should be treated as informational tools only, contact the school for official information.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Note: Financial aid is only available for those who qualify, check with the school for details.
Tuition & Fees Information
Alternate Tuition Plan Options Available
- Some programs may have a frozen tuition rate, which means the tuition will stay the same for up to five years.
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||98%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||90%||$4,513|
|Receiving Student Loans||86%||$10,290|
Other Cosmetology Schools Nearby
The list of nearby cosmetology schools below offer beauty and cosmetology programs similar to Bellus Academy – El Cajon. Click the links below to get a detailed profile for each school.
- California Hair Design Academy in La Mesa, CA (5 miles away)
- Tramy Beauty School in San Diego, CA (8 miles away)
- Bellus Academy - National City in National City, CA (12 miles away)
- Academy of Hair Design - Poway in Poway, CA (13 miles away)
- Paul Mitchell the School - San Diego in San Diego, CA (14 miles away)
- Avance Beauty College in San Diego, CA (16 miles away)
- Palomar Institute of Cosmetology in San Marcos, CA (27 miles away)
- Oceanside College of Beauty in Oceanside, CA (36 miles away)