Branford Academy of Hair & Cosmetology, located in the residential area of Branford, Connecticut, offers cosmetology training. Branford Academy of Hair & Cosmetology has been accredited by the National Accrediting Commission of Career Arts and Sciences since 2007. This school provides an in-depth cosmetology program that prepares students get started in the beauty industry as qualified and licensed professionals.
Branford Academy of Hair & Cosmetology enrolls about nineteen students yearly, which can provide a great learning environment for students, with about 78% of students who start the program continue on to complete it. In 2009 the reported default rate of students taking loans to help pay the tuition for this school was around 15%.
Branford Academy of Hair & Cosmetology offers student services such as cosmetology career guidance to help students and job placement options for students looking for work. City and state licensing procedures may differ, and as such it is suggested students look into getting a license in cosmetology. Students can learn more about Branford Academy of Hair & Cosmetology, including licensure preparation, by visiting branfordacademy.com.
The list below shows all the programs that may be offered at Branford Academy of Hair & Cosmetology. Actual programs may differ from the list below, to get an official list of programs offered please visit the school's website or by phone at (203) 315-2985.
Cosmetology (1,500 Hours)
The cosmetology program takes about twelve months for most students to complete.
- Tuition estimate is $18,000*
- Cost of required supplies: $3,600*
- 36 students completed the cosmetology program last year
- Takes about 12 months to complete
Learn more about cosmetology programs by taking a look at our cosmetology schools profile page, which also includes career information.
Esthetician (600 Hours)
The esthetician program takes about six months for most students to complete.
- Tuition estimate is $6,000*
- The estimated cost of supplies that may be required is $1,100*
- 9 students completed this program in the previous reported year
- The length of the esthetician program is usually 6 months
Learn more about esthetician programs by taking a look at our esthetician schools profile page, which lists schools offering this program along with a career overview.
*Amounts for tuition, fees, and supplies are an estimate which are calculated based on historical data and should be solely used for informational purposes only.
**Repayment rates, earnings, and loan payments are estimates and should be treated as informational tools only, contact the school for official information.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Note: Financial aid is only available for those who qualify, check with the school for details.
Tuition & Fees Information
Alternate Tuition Plan Options Available
- Some programs may have tuition rates that will remain the same as the first year for up to five years.
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||89%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||89%||$5,645|
|Receiving Student Loans||89%||$9,500|
Other Cosmetology Schools Nearby
The list of nearby cosmetology schools below offer beauty and cosmetology programs similar to Branford Academy of Hair & Cosmetology. Click the links below to get a detailed profile for each school.
- European Academy of Cosmetology and Hairdressing in Guilford, CT (5 miles away)
- Northhaven Academy in North Haven, CT (8 miles away)
- Academy Di Capelli - School of Cosmetology in Wallingford, CT (14 miles away)
- Brio Academy of Cosmetology - Meriden in Meriden, CT (16 miles away)
- Oxford Academy of Hair Design in Seymour, CT (16 miles away)
- Connecticut Institute of Hair Design in Wolcott, CT (20 miles away)
- International Institute of Cosmetology in Wethersfield, CT (29 miles away)
- Brio Academy of Cosmetology - Niantic in Niantic, CT (31 miles away)